Changing Blower Oil Yes/No

Should the blower oil in the Eaton be changed?

• Yes

Votes: 30 93.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
Just picked up two bottles of GM Supercharger oil, was $22 with tax. Going to change it out next weekend.

For the hell of it, does anyone actually know what Eaton recommends for change intervals?

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Just picked up two bottles of GM Supercharger oil, was $22 with tax. Going to change it out next weekend.

For the hell of it, does anyone actually know what Eaton recommends for change intervals?

100k miles is what is suggested by ford.......you were correct in your original post.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Of course they put 5w-20 on the oil cap for a reason :bash:

Ford also put, 17 inch rims, and a 3.4 inch pulley on for a reason as well....hope you don't plan on changing those because you would be crazy!!! :poke:

This thread is a perfect example why when you buy a pre-owned vehicle you should change all the fluids.
:rolleyes: oh lord. You change fluids when you get a new car to make sure that everything is fresh and to see if there is anything wrong internally (look for metal shavings, color, quantity etc).....wow. All I really have to say....wow

Strato_Chief

SVT Cobra
Established Member
Ford also put, 17 inch rims, and a 3.4 inch pulley on for a reason as well....hope you don't plan on changing those because you would be crazy!!! :poke:

Totally... :rockon: JK

:rolleyes: oh lord. You change fluids when you get a new car to make sure that everything is fresh and to see if there is anything wrong internally (look for metal shavings, color, quantity etc).....wow. All I really have to say....wow

Try contacting Eaton see what they have to say about the supercharger oil. ;-)

Automotive products, services and solutions - Eaton Corporation

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member

Voodoo Snake

Established Member
I have a stock Eaton with Amazon 2.8 upper and just changed the S/C oil. I went to local Chevy dealer and got 2 GM bottles, it was like 23.00 for 2 4 oz. bottles.

Only took about 10 minutes to do. Highly recommended.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Guys you can talk the GM dealers down on their prices. At least I did. Got it for $9.99 a bottle today. Started a lot more than that. If people send their blowers in and specify they want this then I'll do it at my cost.

Although I will say my prices are about to go up. Not because of this but just saying.

i8urSS

Established Member
ya i know this started out a blower oil thread but i run 5w 20 as well and would probably run the recommended blower oil when i change it. jmo

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Stieg is an Eaton certified R&R shop. They've examined wear on how many thousand eatons?

If you want to waste money and feel good about yourself then fine. I'd say Stieg carries more weight than what the Ford factory recommends.

Users who are viewing this thread