Changing Blower Oil Yes/No

Should the blower oil in the Eaton be changed?

• Yes

Votes: 30 93.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
I was just reading up that some people are changing their Eaton oil every 20 or 30k miles. Is it good preventative maintenance or overkill? I thought the blower oil was good for 100k miles so I wanted to see how many people have changed it. If you voted yes, please list your intervals, what the oil looked like, or any other useful information which would help me figure out if I really need to do this. If you voted 'no', then give an explanation as to why not.

I have read the how-to writeup and it seems simple, I just don't know if I should crack open the Eaton or not.

I've got an '03 with 52k, pullied for only 2k miles, runs 100%...thanks.

Last edited:

XJRGUY

BIG MONSTERS!
Established Member
Change it......it's easy to do and even more important with a pullied car.

I did mine when my car was stock down to the air filter, and at 22,000 miles the fluid was ready to go.

DO NOT USE SYNTHETIC OIL, buy the correct fluid from a GM/FORD/JAGUAR (in that order of $$$, LOL) dealer. If I remember correctly you will need two bottles.

Strato_Chief

SVT Cobra
Established Member
Yes, change it but dont use motor oil!!! Use GM or Ford Supercharger oil both are the same. I bought the GM Supercharger oil because there was no Ford Supercharger oil in Manitoba... For the price and time it takes change it every 20k to 30k it wont hurt.

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
Just called my local GM dealer and they have a case of it in stock. Think I'll buy 3 of the 4 oz containers and do it this weekend (I know it only takes 8 total ounces but knowing me I'll spill one all over the ground).

Should the blower be a bit warm so that the oil is easier to remove?

convert03cobra

Established Member
2 bottles will do the trick and get the GM stuff. Same crap just cheaper. I went to cvs and got a large suringe and put a hose on the end of it. it works well to get all the oil out of the blower. I would change it ever 25K miles or so IMO.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Just called my local GM dealer and they have a case of it in stock. Think I'll buy 3 of the 4 oz containers and do it this weekend (I know it only takes 8 total ounces but knowing me I'll spill one all over the ground).

How much is this stuff?

XJRGUY

BIG MONSTERS!
Established Member

No,

do it with the blower/engine cold.

XJRGUY

BIG MONSTERS!
Established Member
Stiegemeire reccomended that I use Valvoline Synthetic 20w-50. :shrug:

I wouldn't use that.

Syn oil is CHEAP compared to the oil put in these units from the factory.

If syn. oil truly met the design specs for lubrication in the blower unit, and also passed warranty tests, don't you think MB, Ford, Jaguar, Aston Marton, GM, etc with vehicles equipped with Eaton blowers would have saved millions of dollars by filling these blowers with relatively cheap synthetic motor oil vs. the stuff that comes in them from the OEM?

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
I wouldn't use that.

Syn oil is CHEAP compared to the oil put in these units from the factory.

If syn. oil truly met the design specs for lubrication in the blower unit, and also passed warranty tests, don't you think MB, Ford, Jaguar, Aston Marton, GM, etc with vehicles equipped with Eaton blowers would have saved millions of dollars by filling these blowers with relatively cheap synthetic motor oil vs. the stuff that comes in them from the OEM?

Just my 2 cents.
Yeah that's what I thought, I was surprised they reccomended that, I ended up putting GM blower oil in it.

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
Its expensive at Ford, that's where the perception that this stuff is expensive comes from. I believe over $20/4oz there, but at GM its ~$6/4 oz.

Stalker27

Established Member
I put 10w-30 Royal Purple in mine & no problems. It actually made the blower louder. I'll probably change it out everytime i change oil in the motor

cobracide

Established Member
supercharger oil - Ford part number is E9SZ-19577-A and it's labelled "Synthetic Supercharger Fluid". It is in a 0.118L (4 oz) bottle, so you'll need 2 of them to refill the M112

badhabit1

Established Member
Ported my blower myself last winter at 33,xxx miles. Oil was clean and clear. Had stock pulley up until that point also. Now has 2.8. Been about 3000 miles with mobil 1 10w-40 as recommended by many folks on this very website. No problems.

NITROS COBRA

Established Member
It is a certain ester mix, very expensive. 28 dollars a bottle and you need 2. Ford sells it and gm too. If you do not have the $, get valvaline race 50 weight.

Users who are viewing this thread