Changing Blower Oil Yes/No

Should the blower oil in the Eaton be changed?

• Yes

Votes: 30 93.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

XJRGUY

BIG MONSTERS!
Established Member
Not a potential problem just that i choose too. It only takes about 10-15min to do

The actual problem was that i hardly pulled any oil out the blower

Re-read my previous reply.

See the part of my reply where I highlighted in RED the part of your quote I was addressing as a potential problem.

Last edited:

Stalker27

Established Member
Re-read my previous reply.

See the part of my reply where I highlighted in RED the part of your quote I was addressing as a potential problem.

Yeah i read that, i'm not any diff than the many guys on this forum running syn motor oil in the blower. Even Steggy recomends it & since RP is a better syn han most oils i think i'm alright

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Interesting poll......Pretty much a totally accepted practice among pullied Eaton users that when increasing the factory speed of the Eaton, that the blower oil should be changed on a much more frequent basis. I run 18 lbs of boost and change mine every spring.

Mobil 1 synthetic is in a couple of thousand ported blowers at this writing and seems to be doing just fine......If you want to spend the $$$ on the Ford or GM supercharger oil, that's your perogative. The Mobil 1 synthetic does an excellent job in lubricating the Eaton.

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
Interesting poll......Pretty much a totally accepted practice among pullied Eaton users that when increasing the factory speed of the Eaton, that the blower oil should be changed on a much more frequent basis. I run 18 lbs of boost and change mine every spring.

Mobil 1 synthetic is in a couple of thousand ported blowers at this writing and seems to be doing just fine......If you want to spend the $$$ on the Ford or GM supercharger oil, that's your perogative. The Mobil 1 synthetic does an excellent job in lubricating the Eaton.

Someone posted the other day about changing his blower oil so I figured I formalize it with a poll because honestly it's something I never thought about until I read his post then found the how-to in the tech section.

Which weight of M1 would you suggest?

Strato_Chief

SVT Cobra
Established Member
Good God... Don't put motor oil in your eaton superchargers and if you don't believe me please go to the eaton website. They have a phone number and email address there just ask them what oil they recommend. Eaton designed the supercharger they know what oil to put in it.

cobracide

Established Member
It's just foolish and cheap to not use the recommended oil, which is superior in stability to standard motor oil because it's in a closed system. It's DIFFERENT for a reason people. I mean for a few bucks, use what your supposed to - especially if you're spinning it up past stock, yes?

NYE SYNTHETIC OIL 605
Copper Deactivator, EP Fortified
A light viscosity, ester oil intended for powdered metal
parts and gears with low volatility. Benefits include excellent
oxidation stability and low wear characteristics.
Ford: ESE-M99C115-A
GM: 12345982

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
It's just foolish and cheap to not use the recommended oil, which is superior in stability to standard motor oil because it's in a closed system. It's DIFFERENT for a reason people. I mean for a few bucks, use what your supposed to - especially if you're spinning it up past stock, yes?

NYE SYNTHETIC OIL 605
Copper Deactivator, EP Fortified
A light viscosity, ester oil intended for powdered metal
parts and gears with low volatility. Benefits include excellent
oxidation stability and low wear characteristics.
Ford: ESE-M99C115-A
GM: 12345982

Yes, you've changed the viscosity of the blower oil.

eh, I'm not worried. Steggy and Whipple both use 10/30, so I don't see anything wrong with it. :shrug: Plus, there are tons of people who have used it for years with no problem.

So if it gets louder with 10/30 that's.......bad.......and if it gets quieter with 10/30 that's..........bad????? :??:

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
eh, I'm not worried. Steggy and Whipple both use 10/30, so I don't see anything wrong with it. :shrug: Plus, there are tons of people who have used it for years with no problem.

So if it gets louder with 10/30 that's.......bad.......and if it gets quieter with 10/30 that's..........bad????? :??:

SO by the volume of the supercharger you can tell how good an oil is doing it's job? Amazing. I'm not saying anything will definately go wrong but come on what's a couple of bucks for complete piece of mind?

As far as steg using standard motor oil - CHEAP.

The whipple guidelines:
5. Change oil as directed below:
a. Lysholm compressor ONLY: every 25,000 to 300,000 miles with 5-50 wt. full synthetic motor oil
b. New Whipple compressor ONLY: every 75,000 to 100,000 miles with one of the following oils. Whipple part number SCOIL-155 (W140) or SCOIL-200 (W200), Ford Motorcraft part number XL-4, or GM part number 12345982.

Last edited:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
SO by the volume of the supercharger you can tell how good an oil is doing it's job? Amazing.

As far as steg using standard motor oil - CHEAP.

The whipple guidelines:
5. Change oil as directed below:
a. Lysholm compressor ONLY: every 25,000 to 300,000 miles with 5-50 wt. full synthetic motor oil
b. New Whipple compressor ONLY: every 75,000 to 100,000 miles with one of the following oils. Whipple part number SCOIL-155 (W140) or SCOIL-200 (W200), Ford Motorcraft part number XL-4, or GM part number 12345982.

exactly my point....someone's blower got louder, it's bad, mine got quieter, that's bad.....didn't make sense. Try and keep up.....:rolling:

cobracide

Established Member
exactly my point....someone's blower got louder, it's bad, mine got quieter, that's bad.....didn't make sense. Try and keep up.....:rolling:

You are right again, sorry. I'm going to see if I sh*t in mine and see if it lubricates better, just for testing purposes because I'm too cheap to get the right oil.

Last edited:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
You are right again, sorry. I'm going to see if I sh*t in mine and see if it lubricates better, just for testing purposes because I'm too cheap to get the right oil.

HA. Sorry to hurt your feelings, mang. I wish you actually knew me...I am anything but cheap. I just don't feel the need to spend more money when I can get something cheaper that does the job just fine. It's called being wise with your money. I spent a total of $11 on everything (including 25 feet of fish tank tube) to do the job. I will be able to change my oil in my supercharger 14 times give or take (knowing you bought two bottles of supercharger oil) for the same price you bought the SC oil for.

I'm not saying that the supercharger oil isn't better and doesn't lasts longer, but dollar for dollar, I'll stick with Mobil1. It does the job just fine. I'm planning on changing it when I change my oil and keeping it fresh...and the blower will probably come off within the year to get ported anyway. I will check for damage then, but I'm pretty sure I won't see any....

Hey, I've got an idea :idea: Why not sh*t in a bottle and sell it as supercharger oil? :beer:

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
I tell ya what -

You keep putting in steg approved motor oil and I'll put in what the manufacturer says.

I all out of giving a sh*t anymore! ;-)

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Someone posted the other day about changing his blower oil so I figured I formalize it with a poll because honestly it's something I never thought about until I read his post then found the how-to in the tech section.

Which weight of M1 would you suggest?
Find it interesting that one person actually voted "no" in your poll. Wow. :shrug: I use Mobil1 10w-30 full synthetic. I do not use this because I'm cheap. I use it because it's been proven to be an excellent lubricator for the Eaton.

Good God... Don't put motor oil in your eaton superchargers and if you don't believe me please go to the eaton website. They have a phone number and email address there just ask them what oil they recommend. Eaton designed the supercharger they know what oil to put in it.
Ford designed our motors and they recommend 5w-20 motor oil in the crankcase. Is that what you use?????

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I use Amsoil 10w-30 in my ports. It's bearings with a couple of gears. I run it in my $6,500 motor so that's what I use. Not really much going on inside the snout anyways. There have been tons of people running Mobil 1 10w -30 for years now with no failures.

If someone wants true replacement oil in their blower then I'll put it in there or just leave it empty. No argument because it's their car.

Users who are viewing this thread