CG Fabrication turbo build

blown302stng

Established Member
4" downpipe is going to be interesting, expecially under the k-member...

I know everyone thinks bigger is better and I was the same way til recently when I made nearly 950rwhp through a 3" downpipe and a small K&N filter

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
I totally agree. My builder built everything around my front suspension. But it was pricey to get that done. But at the end I am happy with the outcome. It should be complete by the end of this month.

My kit is the same way, thats what sparked my question. The only item my shop had to ditch with the custom kit was the sway bar and it didnt make that much differance.

4" downpipe is going to be interesting, expecially under the k-member...

I know everyone thinks bigger is better and I was the same way til recently when I made nearly 950rwhp through a 3" downpipe and a small K&N filter

What I have been told is that its better to have a 3" downpipe with less bends then some of the hacked up and flatened 4" setups I have seen. My shop shot for the middle with a 3.5" and I lost my sway bar but I couldnt be happier.

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
What I have been told is that its better to have a 3" downpipe with less bends then some of the hacked up and flatened 4" setups I have seen. My shop shot for the middle with a 3.5" and I lost my sway bar but I couldnt be happier.

How does the car handle with out the sway bar? I've always heard corners and ramps onto highways are a little shady without it.

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
How does the car handle with out the sway bar? I've always heard corners and ramps onto highways are a little shady without it.

With my old 18 inch CCWs it was fine. However when I went to a drag suspension and a CCW drag pack with hoosier QTP on low air, the car jumps straight if I nail it hard in a turn. lol Its a very odd feeling but knowing the car wants to hook straight is worth it to me. I never have to worry about my rear end swinging back and forth when the tires come unhooked. It just paints two black lines down the highway as straight as can be.

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
Ok, so in order to avoid hacking and smashing the exhaust, I've came up with an ingenious idea, different swaybar mounts and end links.

These mounts are about two inches shorter than the factory 99-04, they are off of a fox body. They moved the bar up just enough to clear where I want the exhaust to be. The end links are about 2 inches longer.

RkEmnkQl.jpg

Last edited:

z28misfit

Established Member
Ok, so in order to avoid hacking and smashing the exhaust, I've came up with an ingenious idea, different swaybar mounts and end links.

These mounts are about two inches shorter than the factory 99-04, they are off of a fox body. They moved the bar up just enough to clear where I want the exhaust to be. The end links are about 2 inches longer.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

that my friend is awesome!!!! I was looking at my car and seen how low the factory sway bar mounts are. I didnt realize foxbody mounts were shorter. I will be more into looking into the CG hotside now that you got the A/C still on and the sway bar. The ABS part I can deal with I guess deleting.

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
Yeah AC is gone, had to delete it during the on3 build. You can opt to get the "street" kit that keeps ac if you would like. The race kit has a different header design.

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
Actually car is done.

I will snap some pictures of everything this weekend. I had an exhaust shop do some work to connect to the catback which they completely goobered up, so that will need to be redone.

Car runs great, no leaks so far. Going to get tuned on the 4th of May.

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
Fresh pics. I ended up going under the kmember with 4" oval.

The exhaust starts 4" from the turbo, 4" oval under the k, then back to 4" round with a cutout. Clearance isn't bad at all.

827jqDcl.jpg

SpeMXjfl.jpg

rTONEBPl.jpg

xe9S2MOl.jpg

CQokC1bl.jpg

Last edited:

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
Car is going to CRT Performance in Norwalk, Ohio this Saturday. Will try to get a dyno video and some on the street videos weather depending.

Mr.Venom

Quick with Boltons
Established Member
Looks awesome man. Great writeup for an aspiring future turbo cobra conversion. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread