CG Fabrication turbo build

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
Uhh did you go turbo?? :eek:

Where have you been lol :poke: Car has been down for a hot little min lmfao.

Gotta keep my eye on this build thread. Im planning on going turbo with my car and I want to use the CG fabrication headers as well. Thinking of making everything else though. I want to retain A/C and the front sway bar.

Im also running the CG Fab A/C kit. Dont really see a way to keep the sway bar tho but god luck.

Made a little progress tonight. The stubborn bolt I had got the best of me, it has met its match with a hacksaw and a file. Fits now lol.

Every fluid line and wire imaginable is in the way. I need to figure out how to run a line from the power steering reservoir to the pump away from the header, and the brake lines on the passenger frame rail is a little close to the passenger header for my liking.

I moved the battery to the back, and moved the fuse box behind the headlight where the battery was, I'll get more pictures Wednesday.

Here are a couple I snapped before I closed up for the night with the hotside fully fitted on the car. I have to say it fits beautifuly compared to the on3 kit. No fuss and half the parts.

Sounds about like my problems. I ended up redoin my brake lines and doin a ABS delete with a line loc. I also had to use a 1/2 K member drop to give my PS header enough room so when the motor tq up it didnt hit the frame/body, Im also using a stock k member so that could have something to do with why mine was closer then other from what CG fab told me. I knew there would be little things to change but i wouldve thought that the kit would have cleared the atleast the upper coolant hose setup lol. Would have been nice to know everything I had to change when I bought the kit but thats all part of the game I guess.

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
I used a stud and didn't have to notch anything,I put the stud in and nut from the top,lined up turbo and tightened up bottom nut,worked perfect

I used the cg hotside that keeps a/c(I see it challanging to keep a/c even with there kit) and it requires you delete sway bar since you need to notch frame where sway bar mount is

I only notched the header to make it easier for me to install. Where did you hear about having to notch the frame? I called CG Fab about how close mne was and he told me it was from the stock K member :shrug:

BBAMOTORS

Established Member
I only notched the header to make it easier for me to install. Where did you hear about having to notch the frame? I called CG Fab about how close mne was and he told me it was from the stock K member :shrug:

UPR K member,Passanger Vband clamp was touching/rear close to the frame.When I spoke to them about it,they said it was due to the k member I was using.And I didn't do a k member drop.

notchfinished_zpsc7d80448.jpg

notch_zps5bd6ba38.jpg

Last edited:

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
Sounds about like my problems. I ended up redoin my brake lines and doin a ABS delete with a line loc. I also had to use a 1/2 K member drop to give my PS header enough room so when the motor tq up it didnt hit the frame/body, Im also using a stock k member so that could have something to do with why mine was closer then other from what CG fab told me. I knew there would be little things to change but i wouldve thought that the kit would have cleared the atleast the upper coolant hose setup lol. Would have been nice to know everything I had to change when I bought the kit but thats all part of the game I guess.

I actually have a small amount of clearance between the passenger header and frame, about 1/2". I am running solid motor mounts, so I wont need to worry about anything moving on me lol. I have a reasonable amount of room from the abs pump too, so that shouldnt be in the way. Sad thing is my abs doesnt work anyways :nonono: But, I don't feel like spending $150 to delete the pump. One way or another, the sway bar will be on my car. I don't like the way my car feels in corners without it.

As far as the coolant setup, I ended up doing the cross over delete this year. I am using the Modular Speed kit(distributed by on3 scammers) and the 2v-gt lower radiator hose. Getting the coolant setup right, leak free, and working was a pain in the ass with on3, I couldnt imagine would it would be like with a more aggressive kit such as this.

UPR K member,Passanger Vband clamp was touching/rear close to the frame.When I spoke to them about it,they said it was due to the k member I was using.And I didn't do a k member drop.

Holy shitballs batman, I dont know if I would do that to my car. Did you re-enforce it in any fashion after doing that?

Last edited:

VADEi2

DAl2K FOl2CE
Established Member
After seeing this pics I'm glad I decided to go with a local custom builder. So far no issues he's taking his time but I rather wait.

z28misfit

Established Member
I actually have a small amount of clearance between the passenger header and frame, about 1/2". I am running solid motor mounts, so I wont need to worry about anything moving on me lol. I have a reasonable amount of room from the abs pump too, so that shouldnt be in the way. Sad thing is my abs doesnt work anyways :nonono: But, I don't feel like spending $150 to delete the pump. One way or another, the sway bar will be on my car. I don't like the way my car feels in corners without it.

Im curious to see how you end up putting the sway bar back on. Maybe I wont be using CG headers if I go turbo. I hear what you are saying about the way the car corners without the sway bar. Did that crap to my camaro,,removed sway bar and had drag springs on the front.Car launched pretty good at the track but it felt terrible in turns. I swore to myself when I purchased this cobra that I would not take away from the way the car handles.

BBAMOTORS

Established Member
You only need to notch the frame if you decide to go with the Kit that CG offers that KEEP A/C.I spoke to others and they had to do the same.The notch is infront of the subframe and I welded in a 3/8 thick steel (stock is like what 1/8? 3/16?) So I'm not concerned about its integrity.Only picture I have but you can see the passenger header flares out towards the frame..

machheader_zpsc11a0a01.jpg

BBAMOTORS

Established Member
re

^^ The sway bar fits with the A/C delete kit ..

Read your question wrong sorry,Yes I'm aware The ac delete kit keeps the sway bar.Had to delete A/C anyways,even with the AC keep kit so it was pretty useless lol

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Where have you been lol :poke: Car has been down for a hot little min lmfao..

Well I knew it was down, but didn't know it was for a Turbo setup!! Shit man! Are you doing a built motor too?? I thought it was just down for some maintenance too and then because you had a kid.. Shit man I can't wait to see this thing go!

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
Well I knew it was down, but didn't know it was for a Turbo setup!! Shit man! Are you doing a built motor too?? I thought it was just down for some maintenance too and then because you had a kid.. Shit man I can't wait to see this thing go!

Well I sold the eaton setup to another mach in p cola. Then the baby came along and saving for the wife to be out of work for 12 weeks didnt help the mod money. Now with christmas over I can start buying parts again. Still be down for a few more months :(

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Well I sold the eaton setup to another mach in p cola. Then the baby came along and saving for the wife to be out of work for 12 weeks didnt help the mod money. Now with christmas over I can start buying parts again. Still be down for a few more months :(

Damn.. Well I can't wait to see what it does when you're all done man :beer:

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
Do you forsee any problems with only wastegating one side of the merge pipe ?

Thoughts anybody ?? always wondered if doing that affects anything

I had thoughts about this too. Caleb had said he has done several of these kits ran this way with no problem.

Logic says that to spin the turbo you still need some exhaust, so losing an entire side out the wastegate should be more than enough to bring the boost down.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Do you forsee any problems with only wastegating one side of the merge pipe ?

Thoughts anybody ?? always wondered if doing that affects anything

I don't like the placement of the WG. There really needs to be 2 WG's coming off the bends of each pipe off the headers. That placement will work but it can be a pain in the a$$ to control correctly.

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
I don't like the placement of the WG. There really needs to be 2 WG's coming off the bends of each pipe off the headers. That placement will work but it can be a pain in the a$$ to control correctly.

^This. Im running two WG for this reason. To run one single WG right it will be real close to the price of two smaller WG.

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
Sorry fellas, lift is occupied with another car right now. Should be back to it later this week.

Users who are viewing this thread