Ceramic Coating Wheels

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Has any applied a ceramic coat to their wheels? I'm thinking of doing it to the wheels I bought from 98svt they are gloss black 03-04 replicas. I'm afraid if I don't put some sort of protectant on them they will be harder to keep clean...

If you have, let me know what products you have used.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
My buddy had his CCW's coated after getting them refinished. The guy didn't tell him what he used, but they stay pretty clean. He says all the dirt and stuff comes off with water.

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
This is what I’ve used.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
This is what I’ve used.

This looks promising.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My buddy is a detailer and he completely ceramic coated my old GV70. Exterior, exterior trim, glass, AND WHEELS. In the two years that I had the SUV, I never had to clean the wheels other than using a wash sponge with car wash solution. When I traded in the vehicle last week the wheels looked brand new. I never had to work to remove brake dust. Honestly, I never noticed any brake dust.

He's going to get my new G70 next week and he'll do the same thing with the same product. I wish I could tell you what he uses. It's an excellent ceramic product. My G70 has Brembo brakes so I'll be watching for any signs of brake dust on the wheels. I'm not expecting any, but we'll see. Regardless, I highly recommend that you DO ceramic coat the wheels. It's well worth the extra effort.

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Not exactly "ceramic coating", but I'm about to hit some wheels with some of this:

I doubt that's going to last on your wheels Sid. Will bet that the heat given off by the brakes will just melt the wax off if you want long term. Now driving to a car show and wanting to be able to clean them off easy and have them looking nice, that works.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Travis, I would use ceramic if you can. It WILL make a big difference, protection wise.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I doubt that's going to last on your wheels Sid. Will bet that the heat given off by the brakes will just melt the wax off if you want long term. Now driving to a car show and wanting to be able to clean them off easy and have them looking nice, that works.

It’s going on a $250 set of wheels on a utility trailer with no brakes. I’m going on the theory that something is better than nothing.

olympic

Established Member
Pretty much any ceramic coat works on wheels but you need to prep them the same as paint: wash, clay bar, iron remover, isopropyl alcohol, etc. I used C-Quartz UK 3.0 when I did the wheels on my truck.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It’s going on a $250 set of wheels on a utility trailer with no brakes. I’m going on the theory that something is better than nothing.
Ok, I see where you're going. For that application, "something is (definitely) better than nothing".

motoo344

Established Member
100% worth it. I ceramic-coated the wheels on my 996 911 after having them redone. Legit still looks brand new every time I clean them. Just a little soap and wheel brush or mf towel. I also detail cars for a living and I've coated many cars and parts of cars. Just had a coated Audi A4 in yesterday, the guy hasn't done anything but washes in 5 years and it's still holding up great. Detailed Image is a good source for detailing products, any coating from that site will be reputable. I use Opti-Coat but Cquartz consumer coatings are how I started and are awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread