Central IA meet 9-21-07?

Skrapmetal

Established Member
What are your first names, so we're not calling each other by poster names.

<-Kane

zeus201

Established Member
Ryan.

99 vert black top and black bullit wheels.

Weather is looking good for Friday, only 20% chance of rain which I feel they throw in the forecast for shits and giggles.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Damn, I never noticed your sig, Zeus. You guys are gonna make me feel slow.

03snkvert

Established Member
zeus201 said:
Na, you'll keep up. I normally granny shift when I drive the car anyways.

$hit.... Reading through his mods, hes gonna make me feel slow!

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Well, I got it hosed off and vacuumed out, not gonna have time to wax it. Oh well, you guys will get to see how many little scuffs black paint can show.

03snkvert

Established Member
Yeah, I got mine cleaned up last night too. I deff. need to give a good claying and wax, but I think I am going to order the PC kit from Scott and work on it this winter. A couple of my buddies work up at Karl Chevrolet (painters) and I am going to try and get some plastice to cover the top etc.

Looks like there is a slight chance of rain today!

Skrapmetal

Established Member
You've got friends that work at Karl's? I had them do my spray-in bedliner, and whoever did it burned handprints into the clearcoat by the B pillar of my driver's door because they didn't clean the acetone they prepped the bed with off their hands.

They buffed out with some work, but I was pissed. I can't imagine how thin the clearcoat must be in that spot now. There were handprints on the door handle inside and on the steering wheel, too, but those cleaned up easily.

I didn't contact them because my old man was working there part time running parts and I didn't want to cause trouble for him.

It's not all that important now, the truck is going to get a full paint job after the rest of the work is done. Probably gonna stay black, but a pearl yellow or orange does sound cool. I'd probably get sick of those, though.

03snkvert

Established Member
I think they contract out the bedliners to a LineX rep but I am not sure. The Three guys I know up there only paint and the don't spray in the bedliners. I hear storys all the time about that kind of stuff at body shops. That is the one good thing about knowing these guys.

I know a total of 4 guys up at the body shop, 3 painters and a body man. So if I ever have a problem I will make sure to request they work on my stuff and hopefully wont have a problem. I didn't realize that my car had been wrecked before I bought it (not bad) but the metallic in the right front fender doesn't match so hopefully I can get one of them to re-spray it and blend it in.

Doing a full color change sucks, especially on newer vehicles. Before I bought my Cobra I had a 70 Camaro (sonicblue70) and having it bead blasted and all the other crap really sucked. I would just go back to a nice black. You could always add a little pearl to the clear like a BMW or Lexus.

Last edited:

gofastl

Life's a garden- Dig It!
Established Member
Well been checking the weather and it is now at 50% for thunderboomers. arrrgh! Not want I wanted to hear.

03snkvert

Established Member
50% Between 2and5 I think we should be could but we will play it by ear. I am leaving work @ 4:45 so if we don't do this give me a call. I sent my number out in a PM earlier this week.

Weather forcasters suck anyways!

Users who are viewing this thread