Central IA meet 9-21-07?

zeus201

Established Member
Hey guys,

Let's try to meet up next Friday the 21st. I really don't mind where we would meet in the Des Moines area, so any suggestions on time and place would be great.

But if any you guys are going to the mustang club meets, post a message because I'll go for sure.

Later,

Ryan

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I'm travelling off and on for work (going to a little town north of dubuque and back) lately, so I'm not sure yet. If I can do it though, I will.

03snkvert

Established Member
The 21st should work for me, we just need to figure out a place to meet up!

Would a Saturday be any better for you Scrap?

Corey

Last edited:

gofastl

Life's a garden- Dig It!
Established Member
What time would you guys be thinking around, I got to work early on saturday morning.

zeus201

Established Member
sounds good to me. just curious and off the subject, are they any cobra's or l's in the des moines area at all?

03snkvert

Established Member
Ok guys, we need to figure out if we are going to do this. I just sent an email to the Mustang Club of Central Iowa to see if they would mind us tagging along. I will wait and see what they say, but I think this would be kind of fun. The Plan for their cruise is this:

September 21, 2007 MCCI Cruise to Lund Motors, 395 Ashworth Drive, Waukee (old downtown section), to tour shop and new chassis dyno; meet at Sears in Southridge Mall at 5:45 PM to cruise there as a group, or just meet at Lund's at 6:00 PM; hot dogs and pop provided

Let me know guys. If this doesn't work we all need to throw out some ideas. It is getting late in the year probably only a couple months before I put my car away for the year!

Last edited:

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I'll be in town, I think I could probably make that. Hopefully I can find some time this week to clean the truck up, I had to pull a trailer for my old man last week down some wet gravel roads, so it's a bit messy.

And yeah Zeus, there are a handful. I've seen two red L's, one white, one sonic blue, and one silver. Saw a black one, but he was from Marion county. There's also some cobras... I've seen two termi verts in the last month, a woman driving a mystichrome and an older guy driving a yellow one.

Edit: If this doesn't work out, maybe a Friday night at Hardees on Army Post would work.

Last edited:

gofastl

Life's a garden- Dig It!
Established Member
Ya that would be a perfect time, I would like to go check out lund motors to see what they are all about. Having some issues with my motor right now but got a built motor on the way, Yeah. Let us know if the farm trucks are welcomed, LOL.

03snkvert

Established Member
Well I am waiting to here back from the club, but I would say that even if they arent to sure we still show up. What are they going to do say hey you cant follow us. I am sure they would be open to whoever want to follow. It is not like we will be in Corvettes and Camaros or something.

Corey

03snkvert

Established Member
Just heard back and here is what he said:

Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 4:09 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Lund Cruise

Hi, Corey. That's fine if you want to attend. Either stop out at Lund's at 6:00 or cruise with our group from Southridge Mall at 5:45. Eric Sage, our Club Treasurer, is coordinating the cruise from Southridge and also the event at Lund's. You are all welcome to attend and meet our members.

Not sure who all will show up. We have an autocross on Saturday at the Marshalltown gokart track, so I know that some members will be getting ready for that and won't be at Lund's. You are welcome to come to the autocross, too.

If this sounds good we can do this or just cruise out to Hardees or something, let me know what you guys think.

zeus201

Established Member
sonicblue70 said:
Just heard back and here is what he said:

Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 4:09 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Lund Cruise

Hi, Corey. That's fine if you want to attend. Either stop out at Lund's at 6:00 or cruise with our group from Southridge Mall at 5:45. Eric Sage, our Club Treasurer, is coordinating the cruise from Southridge and also the event at Lund's. You are all welcome to attend and meet our members.

Not sure who all will show up. We have an autocross on Saturday at the Marshalltown gokart track, so I know that some members will be getting ready for that and won't be at Lund's. You are welcome to come to the autocross, too.

If this sounds good we can do this or just cruise out to Hardees or something, let me know what you guys think.

I emailed Mustang Club and I got the exact response aswell. Let's plan on tagging along with those guys to Lund's.

Acutally exicted seeing and meeting other people who are interested in the same thing.

See ya guys there.

Ryan

gofastl

Life's a garden- Dig It!
Established Member
Sweet, I guess I can give the once over on the ol truck. So just be at the southrigde mall at 5:45 then. I got butterflies in the stomach, LOL.

03snkvert

Established Member
I would say be there a few minutes early if you can! I will try and get there around 5:30. I will have a Silver Cobra w/ black Vert Top. I will try and park out a little ways so it is visible.

Just so everyone know, Sears is on the south end of the mall, right off of 14th / hwy 69. I am sure they will be meeting by the auto center or around there. Sure it probably wont be too hard to see a bunch of mustangs parked together or yeah and a few L's.

Skap... Think you are going to make it.

Corey

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I should be, yeah. Hopefully tonight and tomorrow night I'll get some time to clean it up a bit. It's not that dirty, but still... ;)

I'll be the fat guy in the black L. May or may not be bringing a friend along.

03snkvert

Established Member
Yeah..... I need to clean my car up. Get some bug splats off the front and clean up the brake dust.

Yeah I may bring my cousin along if he is up for it!

Last edited:

1stCobra

"Get Furious"
Established Member
Im gonna try and see if I can make it.... all depends on how the weather is and if the old lady will let me go... haha...

03snkvert

Established Member
That would be awesome... just let us know whats going on so we know whether or not you are coming.

gofastl

Life's a garden- Dig It!
Established Member
So meet at the sears about 5:30 then? and then roll over to the auto center.

Users who are viewing this thread