catted x

which catted x?

• Total voters

shocker 420

Established Member
Oh Three Cobra said:
I just ordered a magnaflow catted x to go with my catback.

I just got my magnaflow catback with catted magnaflow x pipe installed, and it's nice! It Sounds real good!!!

pld

SoOntRebel
Established Member
20-COBRA-03 said:
Thanks man, and i read so many bull $hit posts on how an X pipe makes it sound like shit, they're so full of it.
Bro, you are so RIGHT!!!!! I'm one idiot that said adding an X-pipe will sound too high pitched and exotic with my Borla exhaust. So, so wrong; I put a Magna-flow catted X-pipe on because all the reviews said that it sounds the best for my exhaust. WOW, gives it a nice chambered sound,nicer than the MRT catted H-pipe I use to have on and is still deep sounding. :thumbsup:

Big_Torch

Banned
Tom's_03SVT said:
get a UPR save some $$$. its a quality piece.

Tom

a quality peice that sounds like crap

a upr o/r x sounds like crap with stingers

it just sounds like a REALLY LOUD fart pipe form 2k-3k during daily driving

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
pld said:
Bro, you are so RIGHT!!!!! I'm one idiot that said adding an X-pipe will sound too high pitched and exotic with my Borla exhaust. So, so wrong; I put a Magna-flow catted X-pipe on because all the reviews said that it sounds the best for my exhaust. WOW, gives it a nice chambered sound,nicer than the MRT catted H-pipe I use to have on and is still deep sounding. :thumbsup:
Magnaflow X pipe and Stingers is a winner! :pepper:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
LTHLBLU said:
do you think the headers changed the sound at all? becuase i heard one other clip of just the Stingers/Bassani X and it was a lot raspier. Yours sounds deep.

I wish I could tell you man.....but this is the exhaust that was on the car when I bought it. I do remember when I put the longtubes on my 96 it seemed to mellow the exhaust out some and just make it much deeper.

Here's a vid I was watching the other day.....the Black 03 (LeoGSVT I think) has the Stingers with a Bassani o/r X....no headers. I think his car sounds pretty badass..

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=C67FFA2F-7219-4F19-993C-F99EECD54129&kw=5&p=5

HHSSSSS

Established Member
ended up ordering the bassani o/r x for my stingers. sounds mean as hell. thanks for the clips 96stanggt. i'm still trying to get used to the high pitched rattling during WOT between 2000-3000 rpm. other than that, the car sounds nice, sounds very aggressive.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
High pitched rattle???? Hmmmm.....I've really been thinking of taking these cats off, I hope I don't get a "rattle".

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Hmmm...that car looks and sounds kinda familiar!! :D Sounds really good man!!! Is it me or were you spinning pretty hard on the dyno????

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
96stanggt said:
Hmmm...that car looks and sounds kinda familiar!! :D Sounds really good man!!! Is it me or were you spinning pretty hard on the dyno????
Yeah, I spun kinda bad on the first pull then ran out of recording space on my camera. :bash:

He had a hard time getting me on the rollers too! Those bfg dr's just kept spinning, lol.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
We had a dyno day two weeks ago and on the first pull I broke the strap for the pass. side and I thought I was done for!!!! I felt it pop and the car lurch for a second...then heard everybody yelling for me to stop ( I had already let out since I felt it pop). I was watching the speedo come back down hoping the other strap would hold until the car came to a stop!!!!!! :eek:

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
ALL-

I have heard I CAN STANG aka Marlon's car in person and he is the reason why I ordered the magnaflow catted x pipe with my Borla Stingers.

BUT - the MRT H pipe does sound good as well and I think that it comes down to personal preference, IMHO.

eleanorsvtcobra

Established Member
how much louder does the exhaust become when u add the magnaflow catted x to the borlas? i got the borla stinger catback setup right now but im looking for an x pipe because i wanrt the car to be louder.

NateV8

Established Member
eleanorsvtcobra said:
how much louder does the exhaust become when u add the magnaflow catted x to the borlas? i got the borla stinger catback setup right now but im looking for an x pipe because i wanrt the car to be louder.

Yeah, does the Magnaflow or UPR catted X make the car a lot louder?
I want my car to be louder, right now i only have the FRPP M55 catback.

HHSSSSS

Established Member
NateV8 said:
Yeah, does the Magnaflow or UPR catted X make the car a lot louder?
I want my car to be louder, right now i only have the FRPP M55 catback.

if you want it louder, then you definitely have to get bassani o/r x with your stingers. that shit's LOUD.

NateV8

Established Member
Yeah, I want to buy the Bassani catted X with the offroad pipes so I can switch between cats and no cats, but it is kind of expensive. I might be able to get a used Magnaflow X pipe cheap.

Would a Magnaflow or UPR catted X make it a lot louder?

NateV8

Established Member
Yeah, I know an O/R X will make it louder, Im asking if an X pipe WITH cats will make it louder at all.

Users who are viewing this thread