cat was poisoned

NA97GT

Established Member
Our two year old taby cat appears to have been poisoned. The past 6 days she was stopped moving and barely eats or drinks. Today she was struggeling to breath. Me and my girlfriend took her to the emergency vet to have her put to sleep, she died in her crate before she even saw the doctor. The vets say that because of her age and the fact that she was perfectly fine a week ago, natural causes or a diesase are very unlikely. A few months back our next door neighbor who hates cates, said that she should poison some meat to get rid of the neighborhood cats, and keep them from coming into her yard. This women claims to have been joking; however, after what happened to our pet I think she may have been serious.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry to hear it. There are a lot of *ssholes out there, sorry you have to endure one right next door to you.

Jim Snover

Our two year old taby cat appears to have been poisoned. The past 6 days she was stopped moving and barely eats or drinks. Today she was struggeling to breath. Me and my girlfriend took her to the emergency vet to have her put to sleep, she died in her crate before she even saw the doctor. The vets say that because of her age and the fact that she was perfectly fine a week ago, natural causes or a diesase are very unlikely. A few months back our next door neighbor who hates cates, said that she should poison some meat to get rid of the neighborhood cats, and keep them from coming into her yard. This women claims to have been joking; however, after what happened to our pet I think she may have been serious.

werewoulf3

The Land of Hillbillys
Established Member
ok i know this isnt gonna sound good, but do u know anyone with access to chemicals? if so get ahold of some acid and throw it on her lawn and trees, it will kill everything!!!

and its untraceable, unless someone see's u

x0lizzbeth0x

Nada.
Established Member
How much do you think an autopsy would cost though? I don't know that it'd be worth it..but so disappointing =(

NA97GT

Established Member
I already asked the vet about the autopsy, they said it costs $800. its the only way to know for sure, but too expensive for me to do.

Yes, she was an outdoor cat, there is no was to keep her inside since she uses our dog door to get out.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Contact the local animal abuse agency. They can investigate and prosecute if it is determined that a crime was committed.

03DOHC

Established Member
I'm sorry to hear what happened to your cat, it's always sad when a pet dies. I guess I have to be the ahole but I cannot fathom why cat people think it is ok to let their animals run loose around the neighborhood. Your animals have full run of your property but they have no right to be on mine. When you pay my mortgage and property taxes you can let your animals on my land all you want, until then keep them off. And no that doesn't mean someone should be able to poison your pet if it does stray off your property.

NA97GT

Established Member
I'm sorry to hear what happened to your cat, it's always sad when a pet dies. I guess I have to be the ahole but I cannot fathom why cat people think it is ok to let their animals run loose around the neighborhood. Your animals have full run of your property but they have no right to be on mine. And no that doesn't mean someone should be able to poison your pet if it does stray off your property.
Unfortunately, cats can not always be kept inside, obviously if she is trespassing on your property you can be upset and talk to me about it. That does not give you the right to put poison in your yard and hope to hurt or kill someones pet. Im sure squirrals and birds have no right to be on your either, perhaps these wild animals should also be responsible for paying your mortgage.

Last edited:

Fugazied

Established Member
An autopsy would be seriously expensive. Did you confront the neighbour with your suspicions? I would consider asking the troublesome neighbour, making sure you tell them you intend to get another 5 cats and just want to make sure there was no poisoning involved.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Keep your pets out of the road and off neighbors property! :idea:

Me personally, I wouldn't posion a cat but not everyone will tolerate strange animals in their yard.

lifter213

Established Member
I guess I have to be the ahole but I cannot fathom why cat people think it is ok to let their animals run loose around the neighborhood. Your animals have full run of your property but they have no right to be on mine. When you pay my mortgage and property taxes you can let your animals on my land all you want, until then keep them off. And no that doesn't mean someone should be able to poison your pet if it does stray off your property.

I agree. I should'nt have to worry about someone else's cat they let roam free laying on my cars etc. I dont understand the purpose of having a pet that you see every once in awhile when it decides to come home and eat. People dont let pet dogs roam like that, why is it ok for a cat.

I know two different people that set animal traps in they're shrubs to catch the neighborhood cats that people let roam. One of them calls the pound and they will come get it. The other's town wont do that so they have to take the cat in the cage away a few miles away and let it go.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Unfortunately, cats can not always be kept inside, obviously if she is trespassing on your property you can be upset and talk to me about it. That does not give you the right to put poison in your yard and hope to hurt or kill someones pet. Im sure squirrals and birds have no right to be on your either, perhaps these wild animals should also be responsible for paying your mortgage.

We shoot squirrels back home.

NA97GT

Established Member
There are plenty of housing developments that have HOA's which forbid letting your pets outside. I DO NOT live in one, this woman knew when she moved in that there was no rule in effect. If you dont want your neighbors cat coming into your yard, I suggest living someplace that will prevent that from happening. I am completely within my rights to let my cat outside.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Contact the local animal abuse agency. They can investigate and prosecute if it is determined that a crime was committed.

Only thing is getting rid of pest (insects, rodents, stray cats/dogs) isn't a crime :lol:

NA97GT

Established Member
I have a dog and he uses his dog door, since the cat is smaller than the dog she can also go out the door.

Remember, our neighbor has never told us that she wants us to do something about OUR cat. Many other neighbors also have cats that are often outside as well.

Its alot easier to talk to your neighbors about a problem you have, before you take matters into your own hands. Im sure all can agree about that.

Last edited:

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
There are plenty of housing developments that have HOA's which forbid letting your pets outside. I DO NOT live in one, this woman knew when she moved in that there was no rule in effect. If you dont want your neighbors cat coming into your yard, I suggest living someplace that will prevent that from happening. I am completely within my rights to let my cat outside.

Outside, yes. In your neighbor's yard, no. Like stated above, I would not be one to poison my neighbor's pets, but I sure as hell don't want them on my property either. If said neighbor's pets were on my cars or damaging my property, I would really be irate.

03DOHC

Established Member
Unfortunately, cats can not always be kept inside,
Your pets are your property and you are legally obligated and responsible for the damage they cause. If you cannot keep them on your property then you should not own them
obviously if she is trespassing on your property you can be upset and talk to me about it. That does not give you the right to put poison in your yard and hope to hurt or kill someones pet.
I guess you missed the part where I said it wasn't ok to poison other peoples animals.
Im sure squirrals and birds have no right to be on your either, perhaps these wild animals should also be responsible for paying your mortgage.
Wild animals are not the property of individuals and therefore the same legal obligations don't apply. Why should I be able to sue you if a WILD dog bit me? But I SHOULD be able to sue you if YOUR dog bit me. See the difference?

Users who are viewing this thread