cat was poisoned

yellowbra

Established Member
I'm sorry to hear about your cat, but why again couldn't the cat be an indoor cat? All because of a doggy door? I would close that doggy door right on up and just open the door for the dog.

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
Your cat could have very well been poisoned--however, we just had a cat put down with the exact symptoms. She had stopped moving, ate very little, and had trouble breathing, turns out she had heart disease.

NA97GT

Established Member
[

Outside, yes. In your neighbor's yard, no. Like stated above, I would not be one to poison my neighbor's pets, but I sure as hell don't want them on my property either. If said neighbor's pets were on my cars or damaging my property, I would really be irate.

If your car is parked inside your garage, and your propety is not damaged. You would be pissed because your neighbors cat walked across the wall between the houses? Cause Im pretty pissed about having to listen to her little dog bark all day long.

RussZTT

Established Member
Sorry to hear. However, cats can be kept inside. I used to have 2 dogs and 2 cats. They all stayed inside. Cats never ever went outside.

NA97GT

Established Member
Your pets are your property and you are legally obligated and responsible for the damage they cause. If you cannot keep them on your property then you should not own them I guess you missed the part where I said it wasn't ok to poison other peoples animals.
Wild animals are not the property of individuals and therefore the same legal obligations don't apply. Why should I be able to sue you if a WILD dog bit me? But I SHOULD be able to sue you if YOUR dog bit me. See the difference?

What damages does a cat cause by sitting on a block wall between our two houses? This block wall does not belong to you or me directly.

1. Clearly I would be responsible for any damages to you or your property. In this situitation my cat did not cause any damages.
2. Considering a cat is personal property, if you were to trap and release a persons cat, knowing it is not wild, and you know who the owner is. You would be legally responsible for any damages caused to my property (ie cat).

03DOHC

Established Member
Cause Im pretty pissed about having to listen to her little dog bark all day long.
There are noise ordinances. If she is violating them call the police and let them enforce it. But right now it sounds more like you're rationalizing things.

03DOHC

Established Member
What damages does a cat cause by sitting on a block wall between our two houses? This block wall does not belong to you or me directly.

1. Clearly I would be responsible for any damages to you or your property. In this situitation my cat did not cause any damages.
2. Considering a cat is personal property, if you were to trap and release a persons cat, knowing it is not wild, and you know who the owner is. You would be legally responsible for any damages caused to my property (ie cat).
First off cats do more than just sit on walls so I'm not going to accept your premise.

Cats allowed to run the neighborhood do many damaging things, especially when their owners do not spay or neuter them causing ridiculous populations of feral cats, and no, I don't care to know if your cat was spayed or neutered. Besides just being on my property, which they shouldn't be anyway, they shit in my yard, which I have to clean up. Since they wander the neighborhood they pick up fleas from all over and distribute those disease ridden pests throughout the neighborhood, which jump off the cat in my yard then onto my dog and then in my house. Then there is the issue with the cats spraying. My neighbor left his window rolled down because it was summer and hot. A cat jumped in his car and sprayed the inside of his car. And don't get me started on cats sleeping on cars, scratching the paint and making footprints.

So you tell me, what damage can cats possibly cause?

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
Jesus, again with the bandwagon douchebaggery.

What happened to all the people in previous threads that complained about cats and other animals coming into their yards? Where are those commandos that said they would shoot/poison/trap any animal that came into their yard? Now all of a sudden the bad guy is the person who takes measures to keep their property private?

OP honestly you had it coming. While I personally wouldn't do that to an animal, there are people that will. If your animal was a nuisance to others then the cat had it coming to it. You should have taken better care of your animal and kept him in your house or found a way to keep the animal in your yard. I'm sorry for your loss, but it's true.

NA97GT

Established Member
Since there are alot of people who disagree wth me letting my cat outside, I just want to explain a few things. I live in a cul de sac of 12 houses bordered by a greenbelt, all the neighbors know who each other are. I have owned my house for 7 years, and had my cat for 2 years. About half the houses have dogs, and several have cats as well. No one has ever asked me to keep my cat in my house, no one has ever even said that my cat was in their yard. If someone would have spoke up and complained, or left a note on my door asking to keep her inside, I would have kept the animal inside. I have no problem making adjustments if need be, but no one said they have a problem with my 1 cat.

NA97GT

Established Member
First off cats do more than just sit on walls so I'm not going to accept your premise.

Cats allowed to run the neighborhood do many damaging things, especially when their owners do not spay or neuter them causing ridiculous populations of feral cats, and no, I don't care to know if your cat was spayed or neutered. Besides just being on my property, which they shouldn't be anyway, they shit in my yard, which I have to clean up. Since they wander the neighborhood they pick up fleas from all over and distribute those disease ridden pests throughout the neighborhood, which jump off the cat in my yard then onto my dog and then in my house. Then there is the issue with the cats spraying. My neighbor left his window rolled down because it was summer and hot. A cat jumped in his car and sprayed the inside of his car. And don't get me started on cats sleeping on cars, scratching the paint and making footprints.

So you tell me, what damage can cats possibly cause?

The cat is fixed, and has flea treatments. So spraying or carrying fleas are non issues. Everyone parks their cars in their garages, so thats not as issue either. The cat uses the litter box in my house, the neighbors yard is covered medium sized rocks. If you know anything about cats youll know they like to bury their crap, not shit on top of rocks. Cats cannot damage river rocks. There is no reason for the cat to go in her empty yard, my backyard has lots of plants and landscaping, and thats where she would hang out at mostly besides on the wall.

RedDemon91

Established Member
The cat is fixed, and has flea treatments. So spraying or carrying fleas are non issues. Everyone parks their cars in their garages, so thats not as issue either. The cat uses the litter box in my house, the neighbors yard is covered medium sized rocks. If you know anything about cats youll know they like to bury their crap, not shit on top of rocks. Cats cannot damage river rocks. There is no reason for the cat to go in her empty yard, my backyard has lots of plants and landscaping, and thats where she would hang out at mostly besides on the wall.

Ignore the assholes man. Unless you own a cat, then you really don't know what cats are like. And if your car means that much to you, then you'll garage it or get a good car cover for it. We've always kept our cats indoors, and I am by no means saying I told you so because it's not that type of matter. But people are cruel and downright nasty and they don't give a shit what they do to other peoples property/pets as long as it benefits them in some way. I learned that a few years ago when my neighbor kicked our dog on OUR property behind OUR fence. People just don't care anymore and that's why we keep our cats inside because of how ruthless people are. Once again, not saying I told you so in any way, it's just other stupid people. And sorry for your loss man.

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
Poison may seem likely, but maybe the cat just got into some poison rather than someone doing it on purpose. There a bunch of crap in my shed that could kill a cat if it got into it. Normally it stays closed up, but not always. Either way, sucks you lost your pet man.

Last edited:

txyaloo

Established Member
Most cities have a leash ordinance that applies to cats also. While it may be perfectly legal to let your cat outside, once it goes in someone's yard and disturbs their property, all bets are off.

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
If she has any pets, shoot them. That's proper retaliation where I'm from. Otherwise, find you some chemicals that destroys grass and trees and pour it on her yard in the middle of the night. This is also acceptable retribution.

FSSNK

Established Member
Sorry to hear this man. Both my cats stay inside, however this neighbor had no right to take matters into her own hands. If this happened to me I do not know what I would do., at least immediately. Brake fluid on car paint works nice, albeit 3-4 months down the road. How's about some Round-Up ice cubes on the lawn or hell just poison her dog and she how she feels about that! Some people need to learn there are consequenses for there actions. This really does p$$$ me off!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Our two year old taby cat appears to have been poisoned. The past 6 days she was stopped moving and barely eats or drinks. Today she was struggeling to breath. Me and my girlfriend took her to the emergency vet to have her put to sleep, she died in her crate before she even saw the doctor. The vets say that because of her age and the fact that she was perfectly fine a week ago, natural causes or a diesase are very unlikely. A few months back our next door neighbor who hates cates, said that she should poison some meat to get rid of the neighborhood cats, and keep them from coming into her yard. This women claims to have been joking; however, after what happened to our pet I think she may have been serious.

I'm sorry but I gotta say something.

If it were your kid would you have waited that long to take them to the Doctor? You'd know what happened and your pet would still be alive if you'd have taken it to the Vet.

Now you got a bigger problem.

I'm sorry but that's my view.

03DOHC

Established Member
The cat is fixed, and has flea treatments..
What kind of flea treatment do you use that kills the flea so fast that it doesn't have time to jump on the cat? If it can jump on the cat it can jump off the cat. I pick up cat shit from my lawn all the time from the neighborhood cats so go sell your bullshit somewhere else 'cause I'm not buying it. And as was argued before, I can park my car anywhere I damn well please on my property, either inside or outside, you have no say on where or how. Who do you think you are that I have to change the way I live, within the confines of my property, to accommodate YOU?

Every single response you've given is a rationalization. You have no right to let your cat run loose. I'm sorry about your pet but you don't have a right to let it run loose any more than I have a right to walk through, sleep on or take a dump in your yard or sleep on your fence whenever it pleases me if I don't damage anything. That's absurd, but that's what you're rationalizing with your argument.

STG

Banned
Unfortunately, cats can not always be kept inside, obviously if she is trespassing on your property you can be upset and talk to me about it. That does not give you the right to put poison in your yard and hope to hurt or kill someones pet. Im sure squirrals and birds have no right to be on your either, perhaps these wild animals should also be responsible for paying your mortgage.

You are presuming someone poisoned your precious cat. Since it wanders all over the neighborhood, maybe it trespassed into someone's garage where it drank from a pan of antifreeze or God knows what else.

Since you didn't care enough about your cat to keep it inside, you are responsible for your cat's death.

In case you didn't know, many cities including Cody, Wyoming, have ordinances controlling cats. Bring your next cat up here, let it run free, and it will wind up in the animal shelter.

I just love self righteous cat lovers. Wait. That isn't true. I hate them even more than cats because they start threads about their precious cats being killed and accuse someone without any proof whatsoever.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread