Cat delete pipes and tune in!

Slegos888

Established Member
Got my jegs cat delete pipes installed today as well as my bama 93r tune. With the stock h pipe and resonators and my Roush axleback it sounds amazing! I just hope it doesn't rain here in New jersey so I can hit up etown tonight to see how she performs. And to all the reports of no cats + Roush equals too loud, that's s matter of opinion I think its perfect .

pohnjarker

Established Member
hell yea, im sure it sounds awesome. I just took off some jegs cat deletes so my wife could drive while im gone. I had muffler deletes as well and sound is subjective but to me, it sounds awesome with cat deletes.

Slegos888

Established Member
We need videos! I've been tempted to sell my Roush A/Bs and go the GT500 and o/r h. How was the fitment? Was this the kit you got?

JEGS Performance Products 30581 JEGS 2011-Up Mustang GT Exhaust

I bought the aluminized ones but yes thats the same idea. There is a tiny leak at the connection to the factory h pipe but it's only noticeable when under the car. I didn't do the install as im a big guy and couldnt fit under it to work on it, and good thing because ford decided to install the band clamps holding the cat pipe to the h pipe upside down leaving no room to unbolt it. The shop had to use torx sockets to remove them. Also the header flange studs were so siezed on not even pb blaster and heat would loosen them up, guy had to cut them off. I paid way too much but in the end the result in sound alone is worth the effort, now to see how it runs. videos may come this weekend but im not going to promise. but take it from me its awesome.

Startup, havent had a cold start yet but warm start sounds the same as before the cat delete. under light acceleration 1200-2000 rpms(auto) its mildly louder, i hope my wife cant tell the difference. under moderate accelleration 2000-4000rpms its very healthy and noticeably louder but not obnoxious. over 4000rpms will have to wait for the track but will no doubt be a little over kill but for 99% of the driving i do, on the street its perfect. already had a delivery woman compliment the sound when i stopped at a traffic light.:rockon:

SicShelby09

Banned
Awesome man. I would love for someone to do a comparison between these and the lethal offroad H to see if there is any power difference? Love my cat delete pipes and GT500s.

5.0GT

Established Member
Wouldn't the Lethal X pipe be better, because it will replace the factory H-pipe and still have a cat-delete pipes. about $40 difference

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
They also have the stainless H with removable legs so you can either use their o/r legs or your stock catted ones.

pohnjarker

Established Member
I had a dyno done before and after i put on my jegs cat deletes and the dyno says it gained about 5hp, no torque...however, different dyno, different day...so...

5.0GT

Established Member
I had a dyno done before and after i put on my jegs cat deletes and the dyno says it gained about 5hp, no torque...however, different dyno, different day...so...

Did you tune it though? Must of these parts won't give you a lot without an after tune

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Glad to hear about it not being as obnoxious as others were saying. Others said the Roush axle back alone was loud but I completely disagree. Can't wait to bolt up my Stainless Lethal O/R X tomorrow night.

RioRed4v

Established Member
Did you tune it though? Must of these parts won't give you a lot without an after tune

I thought you pretty had to get a tune with the O/R pipes on these cars? Otherwise you get the CEL along with the computer causing it to dump tons of fuel?

ViciousJay

Established Member
I thought you pretty had to get a tune with the O/R pipes on these cars? Otherwise you get the CEL along with the computer causing it to dump tons of fuel?

you should get a tune, dont have to do it but like you said it will still dump fuel then for no reason.

TheYeti

Established Member
Glad to hear about it not being as obnoxious as others were saying. Others said the Roush axle back alone was loud but I completely disagree. Can't wait to bolt up my Stainless Lethal O/R X tomorrow night.

let me know how it sounds. I too am thinking of either getting their H or X with the Roush's I already have. Other than on a cold start, they are too quiet for me. :cuss:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member

We picked up 14 rwhp WITHOUT tuning on our 2011 Mustang GT when it was bone stock. I can't remember off the top of my head what the gains were exactly after tuning, but I believe it picked up another 20 or so with a 93 octane tune.

Last edited:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member

If you don't tune it after removing cats, you are likely to get a CEL. It doesn't hurt the car, but the COT feature will still be active which dumps fuel on decel to cool the cats. If you don't have cats, you no longer need the COT feature.

Last edited:

RioRed4v

Established Member
We picked up 14 rwhp WITHOUT tuning on our 2011 Mustang GT when it was bone stock, I can't remember off the top of my head what the gains were exactly after tuning, but I believe it picked up another 20 or so with a 93 octane tune.

Would the O2's sensors fail alot quicker with no tune? Pretty good even with no tune. I think the CEL might drive me a little crazy though lol

ViciousJay

Established Member
Would the O2's sensors fail alot quicker with no tune? Pretty good even with no tune. I think the CEL might drive me a little crazy though lol

supposedly you can put spacers on the O2's and thats supposed to kill the CEL

Users who are viewing this thread