Carvana??

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Year ago they would have taken anything for inventory. Not so much now...... They're low balling ppl now just like Carmax.

850SNCobra

Established Member
Played around with the idea of selling my mostly stock GT500 to them, they updated the offer a few weeks ago, they're offering $20,800, car has 53K miles. I think I've seen these sell mid to high 20's with this mileage.

Figured I keep it for now, I'm still enjoying the car.

VegasMichael

Established Member
I get regular Carvana price updates for my 2014 Explorer with 91k miles and fair/good condition. Last one was for $9400. Kelley Blue Book put it a bit lower by $500.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Definitely depends on age and how much stock they have of a certain vehicle.

Remember in the peak of COVID pricing they offered me $41k for a 2014 Raptor with 101k miles. Used that as leverage at the dealer.

Bought the truck at $41k 3 years earlier with 42k on the clock.

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
Played around with the idea of selling my mostly stock GT500 to them, they updated the offer a few weeks ago, they're offering $20,800, car has 53K miles. I think I've seen these sell mid to high 20's with this mileage.

Figured I keep it for now, I'm still enjoying the car.
They have been listed closer to 30k in my area. There is a stock 08 down the road from me with 56k on the odometer that is listed at 29.9.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
What makes it easier than if I were to do it?
I'm glad you ask.

A: Having a company complete the transaction at a place wherever you choose and whenever you choose is a plus. You might be a bit far for some people and conventional hours might not always be plausible for certain sellers.

Second: Not every dealership (yours included I'm sure) will buy anything from anyone especially if they aren't buying from them.

D: In my case, I wanted to unload my WRX asap and my truck was about a month out and I didn't want to keep the car until it arrived. Too many things could have gone wrong. An online service fixed that problem easier than a lot of things.

If my dealer had the vehicle on the lot back in October I would have most likely traded it in with the purchase as I would have liked to do everything in one place but it didn't work that way.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm glad you ask.

A: Having a company complete the transaction at a place wherever you choose and whenever you choose is a plus. You might be a bit far for some people and conventional hours might not always be plausible for certain sellers.

Second: Not every dealership (yours included I'm sure) will buy anything from anyone especially if they aren't buying from them.

D: In my case, I wanted to unload my WRX asap and my truck was about a month out and I didn't want to keep the car until it arrived. Too many things could have gone wrong. An online service fixed that problem easier than a lot of things.

If my dealer had the vehicle on the lot back in October I would have most likely traded it in with the purchase as I would have liked to do everything in one place but it didn't work that way.

Thanks for pointing all that out.

A. I pickup and deliver worldwide. lol Most nationwide, but I've shipped a few dozen out of the country in the last 10 years.
2. I will buy anything, from anyone...even if you don't buy from me :)
D. I could've done that.

The difference between Carvana and me is they have a multi million dollar a month budget to advertise....I don't. Next time you go to unload something to them, let me know! They may offer more, or they may not.

EDIT: Also, your numbering needs some help.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Who wouldn't prefer utilizing the smaller business/owner, right? Without a multi million dollar budget a month, there have to be certain costs you just can't eat and I think that might fall under the "ease" of using one of the online services and TBH, the advertising used was a Carvana five minutes from my house right down from the Subaru dealership. Pretty cheap advertising if you ask me.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Who wouldn't prefer utilizing the smaller business/owner, right? Without a multi million dollar budget a month, there have to be certain costs you just can't eat and I think that might fall under the "ease" of using one of the online services and TBH, the advertising used was a Carvana five minutes from my house right down from the Subaru dealership. Pretty cheap advertising if you ask me.

I bet they would beg to differ.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Online or on television, the cost must be astronomical. The place I used was five minutes away (at an old Mercury Dealership which certainly helped) on a well-traveled road with a number of other auto dealerships and I'd bet the cost compared with the number of people who see it is quite good. I'm sure you'd agree word of mouth is a positive for any business provided it is good w.o.m.

Carmax wouldn't eat some of the same costs that Carvana was "eating". At the end of the day, someone is paying. It's just a question of whom.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Online or on television, the cost must be astronomical. The place I used was five minutes away (at an old Mercury Dealership which certainly helped) on a well-traveled road with a number of other auto dealerships and I'd bet the cost compared with the number of people who see it is quite good.

Carmax wouldn't eat some of the same costs that Carvana was "eating". At the end of the day, someone is paying. It's just a question of whom.

Ok. lol Anyways. I do the same thing, whether you count 1, 2, 3...A, B, C...or 1, C, D, 6.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Some of those places seem like an old fashioned ponzi scheme. I know what they paid me and what someone bought it for from them as well and for the price the buyer could have been in a '23 from an actual dealership.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Used Carvana three times, all 3 times were smooth and easy. Had two cars picked up and drove one to a near facility.

Received more money than Carmax, Vroom, Dealers, etc were offering. Paid exactly what I was quoted as well, one had damages on the side door which I stated and send picutres of, no issue either.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've sold three of my last vehicles to my dealership, and selling one today (Acura) to my local Acura dealership. I did get pricing from my local CarMax, but my dealership was the same or a bit higher, and I just trust my local dealerships more than I do the local Carmax/Carvana shops. The sales staff (at least at my dealerships) are more experienced and make the transactions as smooth and easy as possible. It's a more personal experience, at least my experience show that. So I prefer going through dealerships, unless they are substantially lower than Carmax, etc. JMO, though.

OX1

Established Member
Went yesterday, $24.1 from Carvana. My buddy thinks they will list it for $29,9. This one is premium, but same as my mileage. https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/3025636, so he is probably right.

Who the eff is buying this stuff at those prices? When I was looking to sell mine with mods, I found several original Roush supercharged versions in my year, for mid to high 30's. Figured no way anyone would buy mine for that (and did not even get one inquiry).

Users who are viewing this thread