P1011101.JPG

P1011110.JPG

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I was just thinking the opposite. Poor Thunderbird.
LOL.... Well they do say beauty is in the eye of the beholder 98. I get it and would not say it's a great Thunderbird, but I do appreciate someone "tried" to customize it. I never really see 55, 56 and 57 T-birds modified.

So, I can appreciate the uniqueness of the vehicle and the attempt. And now that I own one I can see the things that were changed from the original. So, for me it's cool, not necessarily great.

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
LOL.... Well they do say beauty is in the eye of the beholder 98. I get it and would not say it's a great Thunderbird, but I do appreciate someone "tried" to customize it. I never really see 55, 56 and 57 T-birds modified.

So, I can appreciate the uniqueness of the vehicle and the attempt. And now that I own one I can see the things that were changed from the original. So, for me it's cool, not necessarily great.
The guy that built the T-Bird died recently. His wife is showing the car on the Car Show Circuit in the area. The level of customization on this car is off the chart. When I see it again, I'll take more pictures of the engine bay, interior and trunk. It's not for everyone, but it is special and was awarded appropriately.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
The guy that built the T-Bird died recently. His wife is showing the car on the Car Show Circuit in the area. The level of customization on this car is off the chart. When I see it again, I'll take more pictures of the engine bay, interior and trunk. It's not for everyone, but it is special and was awarded appropriately.

Hello Vince. Yes sir I could see in the one photo you posted how much work went into that car.

The front bumper completely changed.
The head light bezels molded into the body.
The bucket seats and the body molded around them (similar to the C1 corvettes).
The custom dash board (Original is a dash pad. That one looks' metal or fiber glassed).
The metal or fiberglass work in the engine bay.
The side exhaust.
The side air vent shaved.

And I'm sure the list goes on with stuff not shown in the photo. As someone who spent a few years customizing my 65, I can definitely appreciate that car and the work that went into it.

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
Hello Vince. Yes sir I could see in the one photo you posted how much work went into that car.

The front bumper completely changed.
The head light bezels molded into the body.
The bucket seats and the body molded around them (similar to the C1 corvettes).
The custom dash board (Original is a dash pad. That one looks' metal or fiber glassed).
The metal or fiberglass work in the engine bay.
The side exhaust.
The side air vent shaved.

And I'm sure the list goes on with stuff not shown in the photo. As someone who spent a few years customizing my 65, I can definitely appreciate that car and the work that went into it.
Now I wish I would have taken more pictures of the car. The engine bay is clean with custom panels and nothing showing but engine. The interior and dashboard will put a rocket in your pocket. The trunk area is also very well done.

Users who are viewing this thread