Cars DONE!! Black Cobra (Pics)

ITL Cobra

Established Member
beautiful car.. Why did you go with Wilwood in the front and Baer in the rear?

keith89

Established Member
I love that flat black on the trunk. Very subtle change. I might have to steal that one from you.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
very nicely done car....congrats to you. Alot of money into that!!!

question about the brakes......did they start out black? I have seen black rotors before like that, but i assumed after braking with them the coating just wears off.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Your car looks great....and after seeing your mods list, I'll ask, how soon before you go return set-up? This is the one thing holding me back from putting my 2.9 on

Are u located around the Vegas area?

NateTermi

BF3- NateTermi (ps3)
Established Member
Where did you get those floor mats? And how do you like those seats so far? They look badass, well actually the whole car does!

Last edited:

New Edge

Screaming 2.2!
Established Member
Jesus yes. Not a thing about it I dislike. So much awesomeness.

Where did you pick up that battery cover? I've been searching but they are all ridiculously expensive.

If you pc your valve covers you have a complete car IMO.

V8DER

04 Teminator
Established Member
very nice, im going to have to look them up.
also, what exhaust setup do you have?

Car has Basssani Stainless off road X-pipe and Borla stainless catback

what do you think about the brakes? were they worth it? obviously they look good....but do they stop as good as they look?

Yes and no i guess...They look great and pedal feel is a huge difference with the braided lines. The car stops a lot better than before but it is only going to let you stop as good as your ABS will let it. If you stand on the brakes it starts to stop real quick but then ABS kicks in it looses a little of the bite.

Very well done :thumbsup: ....who made the battery cover?

a place called Anchor Room Mustang

beautiful car.. Why did you go with Wilwood in the front and Baer in the rear?

I went with just Baer rotors in the rear because it was the only company that made floating rotors for our cars and i wanted them to match the front setup. Wilwood has a rear kit but only for straight axle and not for IRS cars :shrug:. Maximum Motorsports make a kit for our cars using a special caliper bracket and Wilwood components but you loose your parking brake with that kit and i didn't want to go that route.

very nicely done car....congrats to you. Alot of money into that!!!

question about the brakes......did they start out black? I have seen black rotors before like that, but i assumed after braking with them the coating just wears off.

Yes, the Wilwood come from the factory E-coated completely black. Then once you bed the brakes it wears off and only the part the pads touch shows. This is awesome too because it keeps then looking great and prevents the rotor from turning into a barnacle when u wash the car. lol

Your car looks great....and after seeing your mods list, I'll ask, how soon before you go return set-up? This is the one thing holding me back from putting my 2.9 on

Probably going to keep the car where its at for now. Fuel pump duty cycle was 84% with this tune and putting 621/541 to the wheels on 91 octane. I am running stock fuel lines from the Fore hat up to the engine bay then it splits to
-6 feeds to each rail. It has 80# injectors so i have some room for growth. stock fuel lines are good to about 650hp i heard. Some have had more on that. Car is such a handful right now i don't really even see putting more down being a benefit. I don't drag race it at all i just cruise it around town hunting for ZO6's to kill :cool man: If i pop this motor for some reason i am going to put a Aluminator in it. Then maybe i would consider going return and up'n the boost to get in the 700's.

V8DER

04 Teminator
Established Member
Where did you get those floor mats? And how do you like those seats so far? They look badass, well actually the whole car does!

Floor mats are from LLyod mats. Seats are awesome! Way lighter than stock and they really hold you in when driving and are also super comfortable.

DevilSun

Established Member
Wow man, simply amazing. It looks incredible and is also so incredibly clean, props to your OCD results :) You've done this car justice

Users who are viewing this thread