Carroll Shelby Coming to Rhode Island

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
GOTSVT? said:
It is a $250 "donation" to his charity.
Everything thing else was free to sign........to bad they cut me off........
Time for a Z06.

Jake, if you get a ZO6, then you can hang out with Bob V. and
his '08 Vette. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

chuckstang

Established Member
GOTSVT? said:
It is a $250 "donation" to his charity.
Everything thing else was free to sign........to bad they cut me off........
Time for a Z06.

Ya good thinking, base your decision on what car to buy because you did not get an autograph of a guy that did not even build the GT500 to begin with.

Time to buy a nice big gold chain :xpl:

SKEETER_SVT01

Living it up
Established Member
250bucks??? Steve Saleen would sign or dash for free at his shows back in Cali. Screw that! Rich old bastard has enough money from over charging everyone for his Mustang Shelby GT500 SVT Cobra or whatever you want to call it.

merc lover

Established Member
SKEETER_SVT01 said:
250bucks??? Steve Saleen would sign or dash for free at his shows back in Cali. Screw that! Rich old bastard has enough money from over charging everyone for his Mustang Shelby GT500 SVT Cobra or whatever you want to call it.

Well, it's painfully obvious once again that you have absolutely NO AUTOMOTIVE KNOWLEDGE AT ALL. Steve Saleen ain't shit compared to Carrol Shelby. I bet C.S. was winning world championships before Steve Saleen was forming complete sentences. Why the hard-on for S.S? Did he sign your fake Saleen skeeter?
Since you can't read:
have someone else tell you this:
THE MONEY GOES TO CHARITY YOU IDIOT.
Sorry to be harsh, but seriously-who badmouths Carrol Shelby on a high-performance Ford website?
-only blackout-racing's finest:loser:

Tank5879

Established Member
merc lover said:
Well, it's painfully obvious once again that you have absolutely NO AUTOMOTIVE KNOWLEDGE AT ALL. Steve Saleen ain't shit compared to Carrol Shelby. I bet C.S. was winning world championships before Steve Saleen was forming complete sentences. Why the hard-on for S.S? Did he sign your fake Saleen skeeter?
Since you can't read:
have someone else tell you this:
THE MONEY GOES TO CHARITY YOU IDIOT.
Sorry to be harsh, but seriously-who badmouths Carrol Shelby on a high-performance Ford website?
-only blackout-racing's finest:loser:

I don't know how you can say steve saleen is shit...Does he whore his name out to whomever will pay him? serioulsy...saleen has done quite well for himself...I dont have a saleen and I honestly think that they are overpriced and serve a different customer than SVT does...when is the last time saleen put his name on a dodge omni? And now, it seems like the shelby crowd is turning that way too....how much did shelby actually have to do with the GT500? convinced ford to put the 285s on the rear? Give me a break...This car was going to be the next SVT cobra long before ford marketing decided to tie it in with the shelby name..I highly doubt that carrol had much to do with the actual engineering of the car...He did great things in the 60s no doubt..but how much of stuffing a big engine in a little car or big carburetors or whatever translate to a modern supercharged modular engine? Im not bashing shelby....he had done great things for ford and for the mustang...but I think John Coletti deserves way more credit for this car than carrol shelby does...

SKEETER_SVT01

Living it up
Established Member
See, I wasn't bashing him in general. He was great for his time. I'm just not impressed with the cars. Yeah their ***n fast but I wouldn't own one. Your paying for the name. Just like saleen, roush, steeda, foose, ect... And even if the money is to charity, 250 per person for sometihng to sign on their car... Thats over doing it. Thats all i'm stating so get your panties out of your ass and relax man.

einzatgroupen

03 cobra
Established Member
Tank5879 said:
I don't know how you can say steve saleen is shit...Does he whore his name out to whomever will pay him? serioulsy...saleen has done quite well for himself...I dont have a saleen and I honestly think that they are overpriced and serve a different customer than SVT does...when is the last time saleen put his name on a dodge omni?
He didn't say he is shit. He said in comparison to Carol he is. Which is completely true. No man will again accomplish the things Carrol has. Some Shelby Dodges are fast. There is a black one in Westboro that would beat alot of Cobras at NED. Upgraded turbo and controller that's all.
Tank5879 said:
I think John Coletti deserves way more credit for this car than Carrol Shelby does...
I would have to say neither really should get the credit for this car. But Coletti is the man after Carrol.
SKEETER_SVT01 said:
See, I wasn't bashing him in general. He was great for his time. And even if the money is to charity, 250 per person for sometihng to sign on their car... Thats over doing it.
I guess after as many organ transplants Carrol Shelby has had you tend to take it more serious than others. He probably has the price for car signing so high because it's gay. Seriously if every person with a new GT500 wanted you to sign their dash wouldn't you want some money for charrity?
Steve, do you know of anything he has done other then the CRX projects with Ford and AC? If so then you would know that a bad heart made him retire from racing the cars. After becoming the first American to win at LeMans.

Tank5879

Established Member
Smokin03svt said:
He didn't say he is shit. He said in comparison to Carol he is. Which is completely true. No man will again accomplish the things Carrol has. Some Shelby Dodges are fast. There is a black one in Westboro that would beat alot of Cobras at NED. Upgraded turbo and controller that's all.

I would have to say neither really should get the credit for this car. But Coletti is the man after Carrol.

I guess after as many organ transplants Carrol Shelby has had you tend to take it more serious than others. He probably has the price for car signing so high because it's gay. Seriously if every person with a new GT500 wanted you to sign their dash wouldn't you want some money for charrity?
Steve, do you know of anything he has done other then the CRX projects with Ford and AC? If so then you would know that a bad heart made him retire from racing the cars. After becoming the first American to win at LeMans.

Listen, I am not a shelby basher, but Im not gonna kiss his ass either...Ive said he has done alot for the ford brand and the mustang brand, and has alot of accomplishments..but the connection between him and this car is more due to nostalgia...I find it hard to believe that he actually sat down with a bunch of 20something year old engineers and told them how they were gonna do this or that with the engine or we are gonna spec out this dual disc ceramic clutch or use the eaton m122h blower for reasons a, b and c as opposed to something else...alot has changed since the 60s...one could make a connection to having vince lombardi come in and tell belicheck what to do...in some ways, its timeless, its the same game... but in otherways, alot has changed...

Why shouldn't coletti get credit? he was involved with the project, specifically the engine-all I'm saying is coletti did more to this car than carrol!
I also think ford is hurting right now...and putting his name on the car is good for the short term (rich baby boomers) but i think that how upset people are getting...and going and buying vettes..... i find it very hard to believe that dealers charging $10k to whatever over sticker would be happening if it said svt cobra as opposed to shelby gt500:beer: :beer:

einzatgroupen

03 cobra
Established Member
Tank5879 said:
Listen, I am not a shelby basher, but Im not gonna kiss his ass either...Ive said he has done alot for the ford brand and the mustang brand, and has alot of accomplishments..but the connection between him and this car is more due to nostalgia...I find it hard to believe that he actually sat down with a bunch of 20something year old engineers and told them how they were gonna do this or that with the engine or we are gonna spec out this dual disc ceramic clutch or use the eaton m122h blower for reasons a, b and c as opposed to something else...alot has changed since the 60s...one could make a connection to having vince lombardi come in and tell belicheck what to do...in some ways, its timeless, its the same game... but in otherways, alot has changed...

Why shouldn't coletti get credit? he was involved with the project, specifically the engine-all I'm saying is coletti did more to this car than carrol!
I also think ford is hurting right now...and putting his name on the car is good for the short term (rich baby boomers) but i think that how upset people are getting...and going and buying vettes..... i find it very hard to believe that dealers charging $10k to whatever over sticker would be happening if it said svt cobra as opposed to shelby gt500:beer: :beer:
Well I can't listen but I read what you had to say and I agree. His name is on it that's all. But how did Colletti have anything to do with this when he was long gone and Hau Thai Tang was in charge for a while before the project came to light?
I never said you were a Shelby basher sorry if you took it that way, but no one can take anything away from him especially a bunch of ill informed people on a web site. You are so right about the rich Baby Boomer thing though. The biggest idiot in the world lives next to my cousin. He allways said shit about my Cobra and all other Mustangs using his wisdom gain by being an old douchebag. Once the Shelby Gt came out he went out and got one. Still gives me shit even though I watched him stall it out three times pulling into his garge.

einzatgroupen

03 cobra
Established Member
Tank5879 said:
From that same article, and you will also find a link to it in that thread you posted.
Carroll Shelby's Response
I was surprised by Kathy Jackson's misinformed article about the Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation. Ms. Jackson did not contact me personally to request an interview and I just learned that an executive at Shelby Licensing failed to pass her request for comment to me. I've always been proud to talk about the Foundation. A conversation with me would have resolved any concerns and allowed me to explain my long term goals.

Some who read this article might think that the Foundation is not running on all cylinders. Nothing could be further from the truth. We’ve throttled back a bit on our giving because we are committed to create a perpetual endowment. It’s routine for non-profit organizations to build an endowment that ensures the group can continue its mission in the future. At 84 years old, you can understand why I’m concerned with this issue. I want the Foundation to do great work years after I’m not around.

Though we’ve experienced a few growing pains, I’d like to point out a few important items:

I hired Jenni Shreeves, a very capable Foundation director and very recently expanded the board to help us reach our endowment goals; they are helping me make donation decisions that won’t risk the Foundation’s future financial security.

I’ve been searching for another person from outside the auto industry with expertise in this area to join the board of directors and provide additional expertise, as well as different perspective.

Prior to working with Ford Motor Company beginning in 2006, I personally raised almost all of the funds for the Foundation by donating my personal cars and signing autographs. Sooner or later, I will run out of cars and the ability to sign autographs. Working with Ford has allowed us to take that next step and build a more diverse donor base for the Foundation.

With the sudden inflow of significant money over the past 18 months, we tapped Wells Fargo to analyze our strategic plan and help us manage these funds. It is prudent stewardship to put on the brakes instead of throwing around money like a drunken lottery winner. We expect to announce their findings shortly.

We’re not “skimping on the giving.” While the Foundation will certainly continue to donate money to deserving kids and groups, everyone on the board is first committed to building the endowment so we don’t run out of money once I can’t sign autographs to raise funds. We won’t toss out our long-term strategic plan for a short-term benefit because of misinterpreted information discussed during an interview with a Shelby executive.

What began as an effort to help kids has become much larger than I ever imagined thanks to many wonderful people, including partners such as Ford. While our fundraising was once confined to small donations, they have dramatically accelerated our efforts. We are much closer to making more substantial and more frequent donations for years to come.

The team is meeting our challenges head-on while building a world class organization. I invite Ms. Jackson to talk to me anytime. I am sure she, and Automotive News readers, will be impressed.

Sincerely,

Carroll Shelby

Last edited by a moderator:

Tank5879

Established Member
Smokin03svt said:
Well I can't listen but I read what you had to say and I agree. His name is on it that's all. But how did Colletti have anything to do with this when he was long gone and Hau Thai Tang was in charge for a while before the project came to light?
I never said you were a Shelby basher sorry if you took it that way, but no one can take anything away from him especially a bunch of ill informed people on a web site. You are so right about the rich Baby Boomer thing though. The biggest idiot in the world lives next to my cousin. He allways said shit about my Cobra and all other Mustangs using his wisdom gain by being an old douchebag. Once the Shelby Gt came out he went out and got one. Still gives me shit even though I watched him stall it out three times pulling into his garge.

no worries man it all good:beer: :beer:

thats funny about your cuz' neighbor...the old guys think that our cobras can't tangle with the cars from the 60s...that they "don't build em like they used to" haha
you are right about hau-tai-tang, but i believe the engine specs for the shelby were developed while coletti was still the bossman....i read it somewhere but i can't remember where...and Im sure there were countless changes in the past couple years after coletti left, so there were alot of contributors...bottom line is the shelby is a fatastic car, whoever made it or put their name on it...and ford definately upped the ante in going from the terminator to this car...i for one dont care if his name is on it or not...but no one can disagree that it is pretty interesting the effect that he has had on this car...people get so fired up and emotional over it...its just too bad that so many are going to be hidden away in the hopes that todays shelby is gonna follow the footsteps of the vintage ones....and those prices are pretty amazing....but the pricing is driven by sentimetal value...and i give props to people enjoying their modern shelbys not holding them with hopes of cashing in...:rockon:

cobradrivr

Heaton Slowbra *****
Established Member
StreetBoss777 said:
Tasca Ford in Cranston, RI will be having its annual car show on August 25th. NHRA superstars John Force and Robert Hight will be available for photos and autographs. Carroll Shelby will also be there, along with a KR. There will be food, live music, a massive car show, and a "king of the street" shootout on our Dyno Dynamics chassis dyno. Admission is two non-perishable food items to benefit the local food bank. Feel free to pm me for details.

Hope to see you all there,

Carl Tasca

Carl,How do i PM you?You have no cantact info.PM me.

chuckstang

Established Member
Hating Shelby is a bandwagon thing, tons of newbs jumped on that when they first found out they could not afford one.

I couldn't give two shits who put the blown 5.4 under my hood. Actually the 2 that signed it should get the credit and all the boys/girls at SVT. The car is a tribute to the ledgend, Carol Shelby.

Users who are viewing this thread