Carroll Shelby Coming to Rhode Island

SKEETER_SVT01

Living it up
Established Member
I mam meeting a few guys off 146 and heading down from their. Jake, meet me at my house like 7:45ish. Would that work?

Eastcoast5.0- are youwhere near 146?

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
SKEETER_SVT01 said:
I mam meeting a few guys off 146 and heading down from their. Jake, meet me at my house like 7:45ish. Would that work?

Eastcoast5.0- are youwhere near 146?
Not at all...but I'll make the trip over. I'll talk to jake and coordinate somethin with him and we can all meet.

I just got a nasty exhaust leak today so hopefully I can fix it by tomorow night (just need a new stud for one of the manifold/midpipe flanges, if not them I'm out cause I NEED to fix it by this weekend. :(.

SKEETER_SVT01

Living it up
Established Member
8 is fine. Craig lives 2 seconds away and we will head down from their.

Give me a call: 760 672 1885

Eastcoast5.0- give me a call in the morning around 7ish and we will figure it out. Talk to ya then

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Sorry guys, I'm out :(. ****in stud is being a rusted POS. Have fun tomorow, it's gonna be a hot one. Hopefully I'll be back on as soon as I take another trip to the hardware store...

LILBLKSNAKE

Village Idiot
Established Member
This show was straight out AMAZING!!! Where else can you see a dozen Ford GT's parked across from 25+ Shelby GT500's??

And I did get to see the man, the legend, the icon- Mr Shelby himself!!!

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I got ****ed, I waited in line for 3.5 hours in the 100 degree heat, got to the front and he said "no more autographs"
I am buying a Z06!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SKEETER_SVT01

Living it up
Established Member
It was nice. I just got sick of the shelby's though. To many. All the same thing. Maybe 6 were pullied or something. The Ford GT's made it worth a lot though. Nice seeing ya Jake.

tony281sc2

Established Member
SKEETER_SVT01 said:
It was nice. I just got sick of the shelby's though. To many. All the same thing. Maybe 6 were pullied or something. The Ford GT's made it worth a lot though. Nice seeing ya Jake.

Yeah I agree. They had 2 nice ones on the front though. Did you see the 1000hp black Shelby convertible with the 3.4 liter Whipple? It was ropped off. Across from that there was a white coupe with a 2.8 KB. :rockon:

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
What an awesome show!!! I got with in 3 ft of Carrol Shelby.....he walked right by me.

Tasca has some sick cars, i am not crazy abou thow they put cobra badges on everything it it is nuts. I have never seen so many REAL Shelby Cobra's ( 60's style ) in one place before. The GT500's were cool, the GT's were amazing. Some people have already dumped considerable cash into those things. At one point Tasca started up that yellow with black stripped GT ( ropped off next to the whippled one ) and oh man sounded like a straight up race car.

one of the cooler cars of the day was the 97 or 98 Mark VIII with 03 cobra drivetrain

I did see the GT500 from true street, and honestly..i expected a bit more with the amount of mods done to that thing. I guess it wasnt on the bottle at FFW though...

All in all a great show, just wish the weather was a bit cooler.

Last edited:

LILBLKSNAKE

Village Idiot
Established Member
FromGTtoSVT said:
I did see the GT500 from true street, and honestly..i expected a bit more with the amount of mods done to that thing. I guess it wasnt on the bottle at FFW though...

The car was finished just in time for FFW. I went with Damego to talk to the guy. Running 10's in a car you've never driven before is pretty impressive!!!

saleenkid01

Established Member
A good friend of mine helped build that car. He was there with the car at the tasca show. I didnt see it run at ffw, but he said it ran a 10.52. Like someone said above, they hustled to have that car ready for ffw, so not bad for the first few times down the track. Car made 820rwhp with the kb. No internal work done on the engine. He told me that was just the beginning for that car.

chuckstang

Established Member
The show was downright amazing, I too waited in line for 2 hours and got turned away but, CS actually wanted to sign more, Amy told him, no more. Not sure why but I have the whole thing on video, I followed him around for a bit with the camera so that was cool.
He was charging $250 to have a car part signed anyway, I just wanted my dash signed.
The Evo Stage 6 GT500 was downright amazing, I think mine was the slowest there. I came there with a blue/silver GT500 with a full Bassani exhaust, pulley, intake, tune, making over 550!
If you could not make it, you really missed out!

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
It is a $250 "donation" to his charity.
Everything thing else was free to sign........to bad they cut me off........
Time for a Z06.

Users who are viewing this thread