Carlsbad 1/4 Track

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
in case you guys see this before you roll, the coco's mentioned earlier is at:

3905 MISSION AVENUE OCEANSIDE CA 92054

see you there! hopefully somebody knows how to get to the track from there cuz i sure don't. ;-)

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Juan Check u PM bro.

Sorry Mr Pooty Tang.. no vids but only a few pics :shrug:
Trying to figure which section to make a thread on :shrug:
How'd you do? How bad was the track? Typical carlsbad?

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
How'd you do? How bad was the track? Typical carlsbad?

I'll let Dave fill you in on how he did when he's done posting the pics. I'll tell you he got his new best time.
As far as the track, well it lived up to it's name, I believe someone called it the ice rink? Some of the locals were saying they were 2-3 tenths off on their 60' times. It was quite slippery. Several cars with slicks were slipping all the way through the 330' mark. Us guys with street tires or DR's had to launch easy. On my only run, due to technical difficulties (f-in' window wouldn't role up!:gt: :cuss: ), I managed a 2.19 60' with somewhat heated Nitto 315's (still learning how to do proper burnouts). I should have adjusted my clutch BEFORE that run, as I had to fight the shifter into 2nd, 3rd, AND 4th, leading to a dismal 14.12 @ 104. :bash:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by SonicVenum
I'll let Dave fill you in on how he did when he's done posting the pics. I'll tell you he got his new best time.

that's always a plus! :) he redeemed himself from that 1.0+ rt. :sleeping: j/k!

On my only run, due to technical difficulties (f-in' window wouldn't role up!:gt: :cuss: ), I managed a 2.19 60' with somewhat heated Nitto 315's (still learning how to do proper burnouts).

dude, i felt so bad for you getting turned back at the line. did the window go back up on the way home? oh well, there's always next time.

as for how this n00b did, it was laughable but considering the conditions maybe it wasn't so bad. ;-) 13.55@107 granny shifting w/ a 2.33 60' was the best i could do at the rink (0.83 rt, lol!!!). i was waiting for the dude in tech to kick me out since he had warned me twice about going below 13.99 in a vert w/o a real rollbar.

it was still loads o' fun! :)

ps - that yellow pickup w/ the grand nat'l motor was SICK!

Last edited:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by SonicVenum
As far as the track, well it lived up to it's name, I believe someone called it the ice rink? Some of the locals were saying they were 2-3 tenths off on their 60' times. It was quite slippery. Several cars with slicks were slipping all the way through the 330' mark. Us guys with street tires or DR's had to launch easy. On my only run, due to technical difficulties (f-in' window wouldn't role up!:gt: :cuss: ), I managed a 2.19 60' with somewhat heated Nitto 315's (still learning how to do proper burnouts). I should have adjusted my clutch BEFORE that run, as I had to fight the shifter into 2nd, 3rd, AND 4th, leading to a dismal 14.12 @ 104. :bash:

Pooty Tang it was fun in the sense that we all hung out :D
I couldnt get any good times what so ever...Feel that i still dont know how to drive off the line :bash:

Best that i can do was 13.018 ETA :bash:

What really sucked was for SonicVenum :(
That freaking trip & he couldnt do more runs cause of a freaking window not going up.

WTF :shrug:

I think FuShnickens had fun :D :beer: they warned him not to go under 14's WTF...Allen did better then that :beer: & thank god no one said chit.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Best that i can do was 13.018 ETA :bash:

duuuude! sooooo close to 12's! w/ some traction i'm sure you'd be there no sweat.

What really sucked was for SonicVenum :(
That freaking trip & he couldnt do more runs cause of a freaking window not going up.

oh yeah, did you see that reply in the terminator forum? sonicvenum, try that holding the button up while slamming the door trick.

I think FuShnickens had fun :D :beer: they warned him not to go under 14's WTF...Allen did better then that :beer: & thank god no one said chit.

the guy seemed ok but when he warned me the second time i figured i'd be hanging out w/ juan in the stands. not that that would've been bad or anything - i just wanted to get an rt below 0.8. ;-) last run of the day, 0.583 against that 12second vw. she (yes, she) redlighted so bad (.22) i freaked for a second. :-D thanks for the "go on the 3rd yellow" tip!!! :beer:

Last edited:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
duuuude! sooooo close to 12's! w/ some traction i'm sure you'd be there no sweat.

oh yeah, did you see that reply in the terminator forum? sonicvenum, try that holding the button up while slamming the door trick.

the guy seemed ok but when he warned me the second time i figured i'd be hanging out w/ juan in the stands. not that that would've been bad or anything - i just wanted to get an rt below 0.8. ;-) last run of the day, 0.538 against that 12second vw. she (yes, she) redlighted so bad (.22) i freaked for a second. :-D thanks for the "go on the 3rd yellow" tip!!! :beer:

:lol:
Dude ur Reaction times are better then mine bro. Id been to the tracks 5 times :bash: So u did good. Even with the tip i cant seem to use it....remember my 1.125 reaction time :D

Glad u had fun Allan :D thats what its all about & forget about competing with him or her car cause its all about you :thumbsup:
:beer:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
oops, just edited. the rt was .583 not .538. :) i had a 1.075 on my 3rd run so don't feel bad about that 1.125. ;-) i had the same thing as you - started rolling while staged, went to hit the brakes, then the light turned green. lol!

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
oops, just edited. the rt was .583 not .538. :) i had a 1.075 on my 3rd run so don't feel bad about that 1.125. ;-) i had the same thing as you - started rolling while staged, went to hit the brakes, then the light turned green. lol!

Well, that freaking ticked me off since i waisted a run against Captain. Why is the car rolling at the staging lights?

.5xx are really good. Thats will help you win races at the track for sure.

Good thing u didnt go under .500 or its red lights :(

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Well, that freaking ticked me off since i waisted a run against Captain. Why is the car rolling at the staging lights?

i dunno, that was really weird. you'd swear the track went uphill. maybe we were in a little dip near the line or something. :shrug:

.5xx are really good. Thats will help you win races at the track for sure.

Good thing u didnt go under .500 or its red lights :(

the .5xx was the highlight of my day. :lol: twice i was at .8xx. man i'm still kinda tweaked about that 13.99 vert rule. if it's that fast coming from the factory you'd think there'd be some sort of provision for it. i hated worrying about getting booted. oh well... that's what i get for wanting to feel the wind in my hair. ;-)

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
i dunno, that was really weird. you'd swear the track went uphill. maybe we were in a little dip near the line or something. :shrug:

** YES...It make the car start rolling & it supposed to have a few inches or feet of drop in elevation on that track.

the .5xx was the highlight of my day. :lol: twice i was at .8xx. man i'm still kinda tweaked about that 13.99 vert rule. if it's that fast coming from the factory you'd think there'd be some sort of provision for it. i hated worrying about getting booted. oh well... that's what i get for wanting to feel the wind in my hair. ;-)

Still better then me :cryying: I want to see 12's in paper & .500 perfect light one day ;-)

Well thats the entire problem of the track rules. Cars are so much more advanced from before & they keep the old rules in place. Going 150mph today car felt good. Its not like we were doing 120 or 130mph.

Rules should change as time & technology changes :shrug:

Oh by the way, What hair?

bbeers

Nice meeting everyone

To all you guys I met out in Carlsbad this past weekend it sure was a treat meeting all of you. You are a great group of guys and you sure impressed my kids. The whole way back to AZ my boys were commenting on how cool you guys were. Thanks!

Keep me in the loop and let me know when you guys hit the 12's, 11's and so on. Take care.

Britt

socalcobra03

Established Member
Hey BPU, great you could make it out. Im going to be driving back out to AZ in late august. After I get my et streets in we should meet up at speedworld sometime. Hopefully I can hit 12's out there finally. Its embarassing running 13.1 @ 114 with a 2.3 60 foot. I finally learned my lesson on stock tires.That was my first time out to carlsbad, I don't think I will be going back. Anyways, it was good to see everyone and I can't wait to get out to the track again.

Users who are viewing this thread