Carlsbad 1/4 Track

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Last edited:

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
Yeah, whats up? I'm going, although my clutch has been feeling a little strange lately, sometimes I can feel a vibe in it, what the hell is that?

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Uhm..i get like a pulsation type or strain type of feel some times.
Not sure if that what u mean.

I used to have the TB noise but every since id been at LACR it hasnt come back :shrug:

Cool. This is going to be my 2nd to last visit to a 1/4 till summer ends.
The weather isnt going to be all that.

Carlton...is it really a ice skating ring? LACR was like that when i was there for the 1st time out? 2nd time it was nice.

We can talk some more folks into the Calsbad track this weekend....ur going right bro?

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Sounds like it could be fun. That track is closer to sea level isn't it? I took a quick look at the website, but I didn't see any prices. Anyone know how much? ADR, it's your closest track right? Little help?

Damnit Dave, I think you got me hooked.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
lol.
Sorry Juan...im serious this 1/4 Track thing gets u wanting more bro.
Think Carlsbad is 300 above sea level?

$25.00 buck to run the track. A bit more then what we paid at LACR but like to see my MPH in the 115+.

Last edited:

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
From what I'm hearing, our power is going to be up, but our traction might be down. We'll see.

You know how Tetge mentioned we had horrible air up at LACR? He wasn't lying. I ran some numbers through a HP calculator, and with an est. weight of 4000 lbs. and my high trap of 109, I only put about 410 HP to the ground on my BEST run. That's freakin low.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Hum...never thought of it that way. Cause the stock 03 only traps 109 or so.

Dang now it all makes sense bro. Thought its strange im only getting 2 - 3 MPH higher then stock.

Oh we have to go bro. We can talk with Carlton at the cruise further on this.

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
Unless you have ET Streets or slicks you wont be able to do any Hi Rpm Launches, but that sound like it would be any track with these cars, expecially after being modded.

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
Seems like the worst your 60 ft times the higher you trap, I trapped 116mph on one run.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by ADR
Yep thats it, is that normal?

I dont think its normal. I feel it once in a while but i know ur story about that.....think it was the wife? U were so excited about the exhaust u had to hear it for us self?

Honestly i can make it happen when i do a real hard / quick pull but not WOT all the way. ... then for some reason i get that weird feeling on the foot in all gears. The feeling stops after a few sec or so.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by ADR
Seems like the worst your 60 ft times the higher you trap, I trapped 116mph on one run.

Think ur right on that one. Ur spinning so much on 1st so the 60's looks a bit wack.

Well im really hoping for 2.00 on the 60' at Carlsbad. Looks like i did at LACR but way to many things to Calculate at the track.

Getting used to launching off 1st gear on street rubber. Maybe next year it will be time for some ET or Nitto's.

Chit i know u Carlton & Juan have the power compared to me .... so i dont want to go heads up with u folks :D

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Sand Bag me lol.
I wont even think of it....Juan i know is going to do good so id watch out for that guy.

& u Carlton...id bet u do much better this time out.

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Carlsbad is 200 ft, and the launch area requires a light touch to get awway clean. I ran my 315 nittos at 15 lbs, very smokey burnout and rubber all over the car, and still couldn't break 2.1 in the 60'. However, I've seen ET street and slick cars go sub 1.8 in the 60'. YMMV, but the HP is good at C-Bad because of the elevation, and that's why your MPH is up. If you could get stuck, you'd go even faster.

I might be able to go on the 26th, but it will probably be the last until Thanksgiving. Let's discuss on Saturday

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by 03_Sonic Blur
Carlsbad is 200 ft, and the launch area requires a light touch to get awway clean. I ran my 315 nittos at 15 lbs, very smokey burnout and rubber all over the car, and still couldn't break 2.1 in the 60'. However, I've seen ET street and slick cars go sub 1.8 in the 60'. YMMV, but the HP is good at C-Bad because of the elevation, and that's why your MPH is up. If you could get stuck, you'd go even faster.

I might be able to go on the 26th, but it will probably be the last until Thanksgiving. Let's discuss on Saturday

:D :) another 1 that might be able to make it. In Ventura as well.
Be cool to cruise together down to the track as well :beer:

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Dave,
If you guys do decide to cruise down together, let me know. I can meet up with you guys somewhere near where the 405 crosses the 605.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by SonicVenum
Dave,
If you guys do decide to cruise down together, let me know. I can meet up with you guys somewhere near where the 405 crosses the 605.

Of course bro, should have alot of things to talk about this saturday :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread