Carbon Fiber Hood?

Would a Carbon Fiber hood look good on white cobra???

• YES

Votes: 57 60.6%
  • NO

Votes: 37 39.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vinyl

Your HIDs blind others
Established Member
:nonono:

that was actually a line of cars that was produced from VW to look that way. having a CF hood doesn't even come close to that...

Surprised a Mustang owner knows that. Harlequin Mk3 Golfs. Rare and awesome. :beer:

yosemiddysam

03 Cobra Vert 10th Anniv.
Established Member
Crestview Fl. Grew up in the good ole Dub V
I have the VIS Carbon Fiber hood on my black Vert and I have thought about painting it and leaving the area behind the openings unpainted. Honestly from most angles you can not even tell untill you look at it up close. The difference in weight was drastic. I never weighed them but my hood struts almost lift the CF hood on their own. I highly suggest you go to the distributer and look at the hood to check for imperfections as noted before. Check for bubbles, overlay, and spacing. I love mine and remember........It is all about what you like!!!!!!! Here are some pics for you. Oh and if you get the Cobra hood the vents are bigger than factory ones but the fitment was perfect with mine.

100_0811.jpg
[/IMG]
100_0812.jpg
[/IMG]
100_0813.jpg
[/IMG]
100_0817.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_5196.jpg
[/IMG]

My94GT

Established Member
vis is pretty good quality. my little bro runs one on his rsx and its fit and finish is pretty darn good. doesnt look too bad either on a white car

Impact 5.0

Established Member
wickdvenm winds hands down! sick!!!!!!

THanks man! Like I said its not everyones cup of tea.. hell even some of my freinds gave me crap about it.. but now when I roll up to a club meetings with the stock hood on all I hear is "Awww I wanted to see the CF hood" :D

Oh and here is whats under it..
P2071256.jpg

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
if its painted white.,.,. yes :-D otherwise .,.,., rice

+1
If its painted white it will look good. If you want people to see that is it carbon fiber then make a design in it like stripes or something so that you cann still see some carbon. But just paint some of the hood to tie it in because I think it looks so tacky (rice) when the entire car is white and you have a carbon fiber (black) hood. It looks like someone went to the junk yard and got a hood from another car. Suggestion: if you get a cowl carbonfiber hood then paint the sides of the hood and leave the cowl (bubble, roughly the shape of a V) unpainted, that would look pretty sick..

For example this looks better...
cfpainted.jpg

Last edited:

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
You can still show off the Carbon tastefully, instead of looking like you have parts from multiple cars..
cfpo.jpg

cfpainted.jpg

Last edited:

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
Or
cfps2.jpg

Compared to this, which do you thinks looks better?

cfps2.jpg
cfpainted.jpg
cf44.jpg

Last edited:

Shin

Established Member
Painting it would be rice even though carbon fiber cloth overlaid onto a fiberglass hood weighs the same as stock? :shrug:

That's not a true carbon hood then... And def rice if you over lay a fiberglass hood with CF.

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
NONE of the above.
I would leave JUST the cowl area unpainted. Then, it would line up with the grill opening.

That would look good as well, but at the same time you understand what I am trying to get across. Be creative with the carbon fiber hood and tie it into the theme of the car. Don't just throw on a carbon fiber hood because its carbon fiber, in my opinion that is just tacky. Be creative with it and it will look 100x better, it will look like it was created for you car alone and follow the lines of the car. Here is your idea...:beer:

cf6k.jpg

cf9.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread