Carbon Fiber Hood?

Would a Carbon Fiber hood look good on white cobra???

• YES

Votes: 57 60.6%
  • NO

Votes: 37 39.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

maddmax1999

Established Member
So I was looking on line to see what a 99-04 white mustang would look like with a Carbon Fiber Hood. I cant find any. So what do you guys think would it look good or not??? If I get one I'm planning on leaving it black. Pix's are welcome if anyone has any.

Shin

Established Member
if its painted white.,.,. yes :-D otherwise .,.,., rice

Hmmmm just to be anal about your post.... painting it would be rice since it adds weight (yes i know minimal) and doesn't add to performance.

How alot of you scream rice all the time with chromed engine bays is beyond me :??:

Shin

Established Member
Oh and yes the carbon hood would look good on the car adding contrast with the rims/rag top jmHo.

KingJay

!!!!!!!!!!
Established Member
I say yes.. not mine but someone on this board..
dsc0146j.jpg

HI-OCTANE

Established Member
Hmmmm just to be anal about your post.... painting it would be rice since it adds weight (yes i know minimal) and doesn't add to performance.

How alot of you scream rice all the time with chromed engine bays is beyond me :??:

+1, Where are you planning to get the hood from?

Shin

Established Member
Not really sure. I was just checking them out online. Seen some on ebay.

Quality matters ALOT with carbon fiber I would go with a company that is reputable in the Mustang crowd.
If there is no major vendor for them I would try to speak with as much people that have a carbon hood and ask them about fitment issues, weave spacings and resin bubbles.

:beer:

MR.SCOOPINATOR

Established Member
That cobra up above looks bad ass with the cb hood, man you have to understand something out here in svt land not everybodys going to like what you do to your car. Do what you like and who gives a --it what people think your driving the and car they are not, its your money not theres. If it makes you smile buddy go for it. I say get the hood looks great and guess what you will not look like the mass crowd does in here omg i said the wrong thing:nonono:I KNOW ILL BURN IN SVT HELL FOR THAT ONE , BUT OH WELL :fm:

maddmax1999

Established Member
Thanks man!!! I know you get a lot of Sh*t from people here. I seen you around town but your always on the other side of the freeway when i see you. I just dont want my car to look too much like an import. Thats why I thought I would ask and see what some of you guys think.

MR.SCOOPINATOR

Established Member
Well man like i said its your car . And if some one thinks it may be rice well thats there opion. Beautys in the eyes OF THE PERSON that pays for it . I personally think that cobra with the cb hod looks great. Its all about what you want your car to look like not what other people think . Best of luck in what ever you deside...

TheDarkness03

MOAR DOTS!!!
Established Member
i have a VIS carbon fiber cowl hood on mine...DSG is the only color i think it looks good on unpainted...but that's just me...

95_XB331

Established Member
I'm actually thinking about replacing my stock, rock speckled hood with a CF piece on my black GT (black on carbon usually looks good). Because after prep and paint, a normal FG hood will cost just as much and you get some weight gains (ok, maybe 5-10lbs).

I've seen the ebay ads and the VIS is suppose to have the best fitment compared to the others. One thing is I've never seen a good fitting CF hood, or even a fiber hood unless its from HO Fibertrends or Cervinis. Of course, if you can find an old one from Kaenen(they did make them sometime years back LIRC) even better. If you can see it before you buy would be best (luckily most VIS dealers are in SoCal).

As for the rice effect--it's rice because most guys get the hood with all the vents and scoops and crap and then slap it on a car that has more crap. Even with the rice crowd, CF hoods have gone away like JDM parts. From that, in a few years CF hood will be re-accepted :) which is a good thing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread