Carbon Fiber Hood?

Would a Carbon Fiber hood look good on white cobra???

• YES

Votes: 57 60.6%
  • NO

Votes: 37 39.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MR.SCOOPINATOR

Established Member
mustang_87_93_cobra_r_hood.jpg
heres a cobra r cb , nice style on this one :coolman:

Impact 5.0

Established Member
OK so here is the deal.... I never really did like CF and I was on the rice train but after I put it on my car and let it sink in I think it looks damn good and I am very surprised I get the same story from other people when they see it on my car.. I dont keep it on all the time.. Mostly for Shows and future track dates, around town I run the stock hood.. Less attention and it doesn't scream "hey I have alot of HP"...

Its a 3 inch VIS hood... You will have to modify your latching system for it and they are all made for GTs NOT COBRAs so you will have to also move your upper Horns.. (Bumper) or it will rub.

I ordered it from www.cruizinconceptswholesale.com

DSC_0132.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

Last edited:

MR.SCOOPINATOR

Established Member
when i see the pics of that car i think wow now thats a bad ass looking car not how much hp your running . and i know when a car looks as good as that theres gotta be some power also.. nice car man!!!!!

1hot281

Established Member
Carbon Fiber is awesome... for weight reduction purposes. Use one if you like, but please paint it...

Vinyl

Your HIDs blind others
Established Member
Hmmmm just to be anal about your post.... painting it would be rice since it adds weight (yes i know minimal) and doesn't add to performance.

How alot of you scream rice all the time with chromed engine bays is beyond me :??:

Painting it would be rice even though carbon fiber cloth overlaid onto a fiberglass hood weighs the same as stock? :shrug:

maddmax1999

Established Member
OK so here is the deal.... I never really did like CF and I was on the rice train but after I put it on my car and let it sink in I think it looks damn good and I am very surprised I get the same story from other people when they see it on my car.. I dont keep it on all the time.. Mostly for Shows and future track dates, around town I run the stock hood.. Less attention and it doesn't scream "hey I have alot of HP"...

Its a 3 inch VIS hood... You will have to modify your latching system for it and they are all made for GTs NOT COBRAs so you will have to also move your upper Horns.. (Bumper) or it will rub.

I ordered it from Mustang Wheels Rims and Parts at CruizinConcepts.Com

DSC_0132.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

That looks sick!!!!!!!!!!!! Those pixs answered my question.

TheDarkness03

MOAR DOTS!!!
Established Member
my car isn't white, but here's a few pics of it anyways...i'm also running a VIS carbon fiber cowl hood. i'm running hood pins with it because like WIKDVNM said, these hoods are molded for GT bumpers. i modified the latch, but i just didn't feel safe with it. it's crazy how much more attention my car gets now from the hood alone!!!

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

with matching carbon fiber helmet, lol
l_1a6a6cc5c7fc4fdd9bfb7e95ee4eb07a.jpg

TheDarkness03

MOAR DOTS!!!
Established Member
^^^ Your car is awesome! Now for some engine shots to back it up?

thanks! not too much to see under the hood yet, just a BF 2.76, UPR cold air, MM C/C plates and a TF IC tank...soon to be whippled though (too bad they don't make a carbon fiber whipple to match :shrug:)

ScrewDrvr

Established Member
unpaited carbon fiber hoods are the most tacky thing to ever hit the car scene. Paint it and stop looking like a retard with different color body panels.

So nice!!!

112_0605_04z+2006_socaleuro_gathering+volkswagen_harlequin_mk3_golf.jpg

Last edited:

TheDarkness03

MOAR DOTS!!!
Established Member
unpaited carbon fiber hoods are the most tacky thing to ever hit the car scene. Paint it and stop looking like a retard with different color body panels.

So nice!!!

112_0605_04z+2006_socaleuro_gathering+volkswagen_harlequin_mk3_golf.jpg

:nonono:

that was actually a line of cars that was produced from VW to look that way. having a CF hood doesn't even come close to that...

SVT GT

Established Member
I think it looks good!....wish they had a smaller cowl than the 3" or I would even buy one.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Aren't the "cf" hoods for our stangs actually fiberglass wrapped in cf?

I think they need to be painted too.

Users who are viewing this thread