car will not start ???

stretchb

Established Member
I did do a search 1st.

swapped out oil pump gears (have done a few sets) now car will not turn over with key.

acts like a neutral safety switch (car is an auto) I can turn the key on and jump the starter and car will fire right up... although the wrench light will come on and set codes 706-707.

any helpful knowledge will be greatly appreciated.

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
That interesting. Oil pump gears are not really related to a no start .
Did you move the ecm? If so, did you disconnect battery first?

stretchb

Established Member
did not touch ecm.
did take the battery off.
unplugged all coils
unplugged the 4 cam sensors.
took the ground off timing cover.
unplugged maf and t-body.

stretchb

Established Member
long story short the white wire with green stripe that goes to starter does not have power.

switched relays, checked fuses, starter relay on has battery power NO switched power ?

SCalla1384

Established Member
I would think it had to have been something that you did. I don't believe in coincidence that the car was fine before, you installed the gears then something else happen to go wrong not related to the install.

Check the cam sensor and ground connections.

stang910

Established Member
Did you check the mega fuse on the battery cable? That harness goes to the electronic steering, starter, and 6r80 so I'm guessing this is why your throwing trans codes also.

Bud

Established Member
Posted over on s197, see what the anti-theft indicator does when the key is in the on position

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
Its probably a ground. retrace all your grounds and if you hit some wires by accident from pulling off the cover or something check them too. there are multiple grounds on the passenger side.

D.T.R

Established Member
Did you mess around with the harnesses that go to the ECU? there is one that could be plugged either way, but only works one way... and the car will not start either.

97tc

Ford Man
Established Member
Did you mess around with the harnesses that go to the ECU? there is one that could be plugged either way, but only works one way... and the car will not start either.

Reading is fundamental. "DID NOT TOUCH ECM/ECU"

Last edited:

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
i am pretty sure that if you remove battery or change battery you will need to get it programmed to the car at dealer

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Did you short a tool against the positive battery cable? If so, you knocked out fusible links on the positive cable (under the red cover).

damn there are a lot of people on here that dont read the posts. yall are almost as bad as myself lol. not to rag on you boss but thats already been covered.

Users who are viewing this thread