car will not start ???

stretchb

Established Member
narrowed it down to the TR sensor in the transmission.
the reverse lights do not work and the gear indicator in the dash id just a flat line.

D.T.R

Established Member
can u elaborate on this ?

IIRC, on one end it goes to the ECU and on the other end it connects to another harness. I'm at work, when i get home i'll look at the car and look into it for you if you need me to.
But it's really easy to plug the harness connectors backwards (the one that connects to the other harness goes into the ECU just fine, and the other way around, hence why it's easy to make the mistake). I had the same issue... the car wouldn't start and the starter had no power coming to it... but it worked if I hard wired it so i knew it wasn't the starter.

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
when u hard wired it would u get the wrench light ?

When i found out that the starter worked fine but there was no power coming to it all of the sudden, I diddn't even try to fire the car up that way, i knew something was wrong... and I didn't want to force the car to start up... and I'm kind of glad i didn't do that.
I'll look at the car tonight when i get home and see if i can snap a pic or two.

Bud

Established Member
I vaguely remember those two connectors you are mentioning, but don't have my car here. Is one of them the one I circled in red here? I thought it was two connectors like that:

yljg.jpg

stretchb

Established Member
I found the 2 plugs that will interchange, but they are untouched on this car. Now if it were my turbo car I can see this happening. especially as many times mine has been apart.

stretchb

Established Member
after 5hrs of pin point tests from my buddy (ford tech) cam sensor on the back of the right side head had shorted out ?

he said any other tech would have replaced the ecm and still not fixed it.

cost me a cool $400. but now I know the TR sensor is inline with the cam sensor on the back of the heads, in which I did not touch.

Users who are viewing this thread