Car wash theft

Joeysnk

Established Member
Hey guys. Need some advice how to handle a situation. Yesterday we all went to the local horse races and afterwords we all piled into my gfs car... Fastforward To this afternoon me and my gf were on our way to get her car washed and she noticed my friends sun glasses so she put them under the seat . We get in the car after the wash and they are gone. The manager says he will check the tapes and calls me 4 hrs later and says " we didn't see anything on the tapes, and you guys look like u are doing well for yourselves ( she has a mercedes) so we will let u if we find them". I just got the corporate # from him and hung up.... I'm sure u saints on here have never done anything like this,so u can save the " well u shouldn't have left them in the car" . Any suggestions would be great.

mr2cam

Established Member
Hey guys. Need some advice how to handle a situation. Yesterday we all went to the local horse races and afterwords we all piled into my gfs car... Fastforward To this afternoon me and my gf were on our way to get her car washed and she noticed my friends sun glasses so she put them under the seat . We get in the car after the wash and they are gone. The manager says he will check the tapes and calls me 4 hrs later and says " we didn't see anything on the tapes, and you guys look like u are doing well for yourselves ( she has a mercedes) so we will let u if we find them". I just got the corporate # from him and hung up.... I'm sure u saints on here have never done anything like this,so u can save the " well u shouldn't have left them in the car" . Any suggestions would be great.

Wow what a dick, call and turn that prick in

Posted via Topify on Android

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
Took mine to a place last week, while inside I hit the ATM and got $10 to give as a tip, once I got back to my car I saw that they kindly cleaned out my Toll road change... They took $1.75 instead of $10. **** em.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Took mine to a place last week, while inside I hit the ATM and got $10 to give as a tip, once I got back to my car I saw that they kindly cleaned out my Toll road change... They took $1.75 instead of $10. **** em.

I would have made an issue about that. Thats theft no way around it.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
the reason i dont let anyone touch my car... sorry OP hope someone makes it right for you. if someone took 5 cents from my car i would go ape shit, its the principle of it all.

87hatchy

Established Member
why did you accept that the manager will "check the tapes and call you back" after you leave? He prob didn't check shit. You should have stayed there and called the police. Who cares if it was "only" sunglasses.

oldmodman

Established Member
I normally wash and detail my cars myself. But a couple of years ago I had a stroke and was out of commission for a while,

And I took my cars to a hand car wash. Before I went I removed everything in the glove compartment, all the change, my V-1, the GPS and anything that wasn't tied down. If you leave valuables in front of people that you don't know I am nor surprised that they took everything they could.

Trust no one and you will never be disappointed.

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
And I took my cars to a hand car wash. Before I went I removed everything in the glove compartment, all the change, my V-1, the GPS and anything that wasn't tied down. If you leave valuables in front of people that you don't know I am nor surprised that they took everything they could.

Trust no one and you will never be disappointed.

This. The X is too big to wash by myself so I take it to the wash, but it's essentially "new car empty" when I do.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
why did you accept that the manager will "check the tapes and call you back" after you leave? He prob didn't check shit. You should have stayed there and called the police. Who cares if it was "only" sunglasses.

Manager probably couldn't see the tapes; too dark inside while wearing cool-free shades.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It would be pretty easy for an attendant "cleaning the floor area" to snag the sun glasses that were under the seat and not be detected. They must know where any cameras are. Proving theft is going to be just about impossible. I had a case a few years ago when I left my SUV at a local dealer for an oil/filter change. I specifically counted the change in the storage bin that I use for tolls. Funny, because I don't usually count my change. When I picked up the car the first thing I checked was the bin. There was about 50 cents in it. Someone stole the rest - almost $5. I immediately went into the service area and asked for the service manager. Explained what I found and he said he'd talk to the service guy who changed my oil. Really? Think he'll fess up immediately? LOL. I called the police and was told they could do nothing without actual proof. I ended up sending a letter to the dealership owner (no response) and vowed never to go back there again.

P.S. - Partly my fault for leaving change there to begin with. But there is no excuse for theft, and these places should take more steps to curb it. Especially car washes where attendants are making minimum wage for the most part.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Similar incident happened to my Step Dad years ago at an oil change place. One of the workers stole his lighter. He drove back and made a huge deal in front of probably 10 customers until they made the kid clear his pockets and voila, there it was. Kid was fired on the spot as they had to save face with other customers. My Step Dad is anal about stuff like that. With him it is just the principle of it.

Blackoyote

Established Member
I managed a carwash for some years and had to deal with many incidents like this. If the manager was worth a damn and wasn't guilty himself, he should've checked every employees person and car. Our employment contract covered this, and any employee who didn't want to submit would be let go. They should have some protocol in place for this kind of incident.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I only go to one local wash. Been going there since I was in high school. Never had an issue and there is always money floating around.

20redfire03

Established Member
If I take my car anywhere I usually try and empty out everything and remove anything of value.

Users who are viewing this thread