Car that you'd like to own, but you have no business doing so?

96 cobra

Established Member
I've always had a hankering for race cars converted for street use. I'd pay big money for one of these:
IMG_5427-940x627.jpg

fun fact: that actual car, pictured above, sold for $77k. It would take $$ to make it street legal, but worth it for a Z-car fan, especially since I used to race that exact car... as a slot car :)

Last edited:

Recon

Established Member
Pretty much every modern European car I want. Working on them on a daily basis I’m not going to pay the maintenance costs. There’s substantially better options out there that are more reliable, durable, and cheaper to maintain. Finally sold the last one (Mercedes) and no intentions of buying another one in a very long time.

Pick your poison.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
E46 M3. Always thought they were the best looking BMW created. Just such a classy looking car with great lines, and even better is every color they come in look absolutely stunning. But id never buy one.

Other would be the Mercedes 2dr roadster looking thingies from the mid 00's (SL500 I think). Same as the bimmer, looks great, would never buy one.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
E60 M5.

The wife had one and sold it right before the warranty ran out. F1 derived V10 with a full Dinan exhaust... The sounds that thing made were heavenly. Would love for us to get another but the maintenance would send me straight to the poor house.

blk02edge

Established Member
As a road course guy who doesnt have a single straight road around I still want a Demon.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Ferrari F355. Among the best sounding cars ever made. Except you need to have engine out service every couple of years than can easily run 5 figures.

Users who are viewing this thread