Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Can't believe OP can spell Etiquette

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
The engine revving and such at C&C is annoying as crap and gets on my nerves. And for the love of Pete, can S550 guys not find a decent sounding exhaust? Nothing worse than a Coyote with xpipe and no mufflers bouncing off the rev limiter.
LMAO!!! I'm with you 110% brother! Over on the vintage site a lot of guys Coyote swap their classics. I try not to say anything as they are happy with their mods and who am I to say exactly what I think LMAO!!!

So, I stay quiet. However, I don't know how many times I wanted to post exactly what you just posted.

I don't know how those guys can think that sounds cool. Sounds like garbage to me. But, hey, we all like different things right?

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
LMAO!!! I'm with you 110% brother! Over on the vintage site a lot of guys Coyote swap their classics. I try not to say anything as they are happy with their mods and who am I to say exactly what I think LMAO!!!

So, I stay quiet. However, I don't know how many times I wanted to post exactly what you just posted.

I don't know how those guys can think that sounds cool. Sounds like garbage to me. But, hey, we all like different things right?
They make some H pipe and double H pipe setups that tone a lot of the rasp down that sound a lot better. The coyote engines are a lot more sensitive to exhaust choice as far as sound, IMO.

With that being said, most will do the x pipe or double x pipe setups. Raspy, loud, cackle sounding stuff. They make me think of a 1978 ford truck with straight glass packs out the back.

I think most just try to get them as loud as possible. Not that I didn't run 2 chamber flows, no cats and no tailpipes for a while on my cobra. But it sounded good! lol

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
They make some H pipe and double H pipe setups that tone a lot of the rasp down that sound a lot better. The coyote engines are a lot more sensitive to exhaust choice as far as sound, IMO.

With that being said, most will do the x pipe or double x pipe setups. Raspy, loud, cackle sounding stuff. They make me think of a 1978 ford truck with straight glass packs out the back.

I think most just try to get them as loud as possible. Not that I didn't run 2 chamber flows, no cats and no tailpipes for a while on my cobra. But it sounded good! lol

2 chamber flowmasters on a proper OHV v8 sounds 10000000x better than ANY coyote.

How well did those FM's perform? Different story, but they sure sounded good.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Still enjoy car shows and go to support the culture. I think it’s important. Never owned anything but very run of the mill Mustangs anyway. I pay the fee, never register, and normally leave after a couple hours.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Still enjoy car shows and go to support the culture. I think it’s important. Never owned anything but very run of the mill Mustangs anyway. I pay the fee, never register, and normally leave after a couple hours.

I normally "hate" paying to enter a car show. I feel like all I'm doing is paying for a trophy or plaque. However, if the fee is used to support sick children, some charity, toys for tots, etc. then I'm cool with any entry fee or requested donation.

This all Fords show in April is being held to support the local battered women and children center here in El Paso. So, I'm good with the entry fee. Early entry was $31. However, day of show is $40. I'm waiting for day of show. This way I can contribute more $ to the cause and I will know how the weather will be on the day of the show.

If the weather is bad I'm not going, however I'll still donate as this event is being hosted by the local Mustang club and sponsored by various businesses around El Paso.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

Lol.
Some do sound shitty. I know last time Justin @Red Turtle was down here, his sounded good. Not sure the system he had.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Lol.
Some do sound shitty. I know last time Justin @Red Turtle was down here, his sounded good. Not sure the system he had.

They do Brad. However, as mentioned, I try to stay quiet. I'm not trying to piss people off or get myself dragged into Smack Down LMAO!!!

And yes, some people do know how to set the exhaust up properly. But, in my town I feel like those cars are mostly owned by people in their 20's and all they want to do is straight pipe it, be loud, rev the damn engine all the time and race down the highway that's about half a mile from my house. I hear them all damn day and into the evening LOL.

And believe me, I love a loud rumbling exhaust, but those just do not sound mean or good LMAO!!!

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I've found that if you add a big Borg Warner to a coyote's exhaust it really helps with rasp. The Bassani catback I've had since the day my car was delivered sounded great while I was NA, no drone, minimal rasp, good sound when you bring the revs over 3-4k but quiet enough to go through a drive thru.
As far as car shows, I did my last one 2-3 years ago (Automobillia) and it was a cluster as we had cops stopping us from leaving as the sun started going down (as we have done since it started) as the show gets a different crowd at night being downtown as people come to the clubs and others think they can get away with more in the dark.
Cars and coffee is on the other side of town and I don't feel like getting up in time for it especially as I'm nearly always on call and always get calls when I try.

Last edited:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
They do Brad. However, as mentioned, I try to stay quiet. I'm not trying to piss people off or get myself dragged into Smack Down LMAO!!!

And yes, some people do know how to set the exhaust up properly. But, in my town I feel like those cars are mostly owned by people in their 20's and all they want to do is straight pipe it, be loud, rev the damn engine all the time and race down the highway that's about half a mile from my house. I hear them all damn day and into the evening LOL.

And believe me, I love a loud rumbling exhaust, but those just do not sound mean or good LMAO!!!

There’s a guy locally that does pretty solid exhaust work. Been in business 6-7 years and just went full time on his own a few years ago. Again, does good work, but I swear every other video he posts is a car with mufflers removed, or no cats into straight pipes.

Not his fault, he’s just getting paid. And the custom stuff he does looks great. But damn, someone needs to tell the 347th guy that his catless straight pipes on his challenger/charger/300C/magnum/camaro/mustang/truck sounds like ass.

Fat Boss

Established Member
I felt like a dick a few years ago. I had parked my car in a spot, walked around back and grabbed something from my trunk. My dad walked up and said something about the car next to mine. I originally thought it was a Boss, but was just a GT.

Well, that is what came out of my mouth, “oh, it’s just a GT.”

Well the owner who was seated behind it didn’t seem too pleased with that comment. I felt like such a douchebag for having parked my Shelby next to it and calling it “just a GT” when that wasn’t my intended tone.

I was at a show in Reno years ago and saw a late fifties Ford full sized convertible, probably a Galaxie. I told my girlfriend that one of my earliest memories was watching a car just like it but a retractable hardtop being lowered. This old hag who owned the car came at my like a witch, telling me how hers is rarer than a retractable. JFC lady, I was just telling a story about a car I saw decades prior.

Another time I was at a private, small museum near Hollister when our group of 10-15 folks was greeted by a docent of sorts. He surveyed the group, then pointed at me and said, "you must have spent a lot of time around cars." I shrugged and said I had. He said, "it's obvious because you're the only one here with his hands in his pockets." To this day I tell kids to put their hands in their pockets if going to a car show. It's hard to leave finger prints that way.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
The engine revving and such at C&C is annoying as crap and gets on my nerves. And for the love of Pete, can S550 guys not find a decent sounding exhaust? Nothing worse than a Coyote with xpipe and no mufflers bouncing off the rev limiter.

It doesn't help that they all get the same like 5 exhaust setups, usually all as loud as possible, because as we know, volume = performance. Borla ATAK and Corsa extreme along with the Roush axlebacks are like the defacto choice.

Two step bouncing at 8am is a thing at my local C&C as well as blasting ethnic music. All the more reason I rather drive out to the one in CT where none of this is a problem.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
I voted "clueless", as I don't know what Car Shoe Etiquette is?

420922_ts.jpg

I rarely see that issue around here. Of course I think everybody there is usually collecting social security. I'm more bored of them since you can only see so many showroom fresh with the window sticker "1 of 1 August 2017 silver Corvette AARP edition with the black pinstripe package, optional passenger visor mirror light, built on a Thursday night on a full moon with Gary working the seat installation station"

Maybe if you make one of those big stupid custom signs with airbrushing, mirrors, dolls, and models, that will scare people off enough.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Last December I did the west coast Power Tour with a couple friends. The one that wanted to do it originally is the one that shows up to a show, looks around, then leaves. I asked if he was sure as we were going to have to hard park for a bit. He said he can deal with it. Naturally he got antsy a couple hours after we parked and of course I had to give him a hard time for it. But overall it was fun. And it was cool to see different cars at each stop. Might do it again this year and actually make it down the strip.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
^^^ It's always more fun to do a longer stay at a car show with some gear head friends, for sure, Bob.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Hello Everyone,

Well, I took the 65 to a cruise in on Friday evening. It is sponsored by a local car club and is held the 4th Friday of every month (weather permitting) at a local burger joint. It was a great day, 70 degrees, and pretty much clear skies. It was a pretty good turn out.

But, as mentioned in this thread, some people just don't know how to act. I had a heifer lean up against my front fender while her boyfriend took a picture. I had a couple people put their hands on the roof or door while bending over to look inside and a family got a little too close for my comfort with their baby stroller.

All in all it was a good show and besides a few finger prints there were no issues with my car. I sat by it most of the evening, but it was when I was talking to someone I noticed the touching and they stopped before I had a chance to say anything. Otherwise they would ask if it was my car and when I said yes, they looked, but didn't touch.

Here are some pictures from the show.
20240322_184237_resized.jpg

20240322_184312_resized.jpg

20240322_184217_resized.jpg

20240322_184248_resized.jpg

20240322_184326_resized.jpg

20240322_184354_resized.jpg

20240322_184417_resized.jpg

20240322_185403_resized.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread