car is apart for the winter

Bearden86

Established Member
Took my car apart for the winter to port the eaton, throttle body and plenum. My plan is a MAFia, injectors (80 pounds), KB BAP. What am I forgetting while its apart.

Current mods intake, magnaflow C/B, OR/H pipe. 2.8 upper and built transmission. Amazon tuned

selbyvince

Established Member
e85 possibly?

throw you a metco 6 lb lower and a 2.9 upper combo on it. just make sure to upgrade your idlers and alt pulley as well, also, id go with a sct maf over a mafia. if you havent already bought one

Bearden86

Established Member
I havent bought anything yet. I possibly might want to go e85 next year which is the reasoning for the 80's. I also already have idlers. I was thinking of a adding a 6lb lower but keeping the 2.8 upper. Not much difference is there?

selbyvince

Established Member
6 lb and a 2.9 would be the limits with a good port id say. just make sure you get the correct alt pulley for which ever lower you end up with (4lb -- 3.2 alt pulley / 6lb -- 3.5)

80s would be ok for the e85, but with pump gas you may be overkill. do you some research, or someone more knowledgeable on that in particular subject may chime in.
----------------------------------------
if you port it and stay on pump a good setup would be a 4 lb lower w/ your currect pulley, or a 6lb and a 2.9 or 3.0, sct ba 2400 or 2600, 60 # injectors, correct size alt pulley, and get you a good dual pass heat exchanger.. maybe upgrade your throttle body.. that will wake your car up pretty good :beer:

Last edited:

BLU3VN0M

SVT Addict
Established Member
In the same process as you. I decided to go with 80's because I'm thinking e85 next year, you'll be fine. Also a great time to do a head cooling mod, PVC delete, egr delete and paint your valve covers. That's what I'm doing!

Bearden86

Established Member
All good suggestions I forgot about the head cooling mod, Illl start looking for parts. I hope to have her running again by march! Next year ill be looking to get a TVS with E85!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Instead of having your Eaton ported, why not save your money, use what you have for now, and just go with the VMP TVS (with E85) a bit sooner next year? If you're going to do the porting yourself, then it makes more sense to do it over the winter as an interim step.

Bearden86

Established Member
Instead of having your Eaton ported, why not save your money, use what you have for now, and just go with the VMP TVS (with E85) a bit sooner next year? If you're going to do the porting yourself, then it makes more sense to do it over the winter as an interim step.

Sorry I should have clarified I'm doing my own porting mainly because its just something I thought I would enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread