Car in dealership for transwhine and cylinder 8

DEADLY FORCE

Established Member
Just so you know, I'm on my second tranny because of gear whine. Guess what, it does the same whine now as the last one. It didn't at first. Not until I supercharged it, and did a couple good pulls. I suggest you sell it once you get the warranty work done, if you don't want the noise to come back.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
You could get a buy back an you will eat the cost of use an wear and tear. If you are fine with that then work up the ladder with ford.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
That transmission is not on back order. I'm in Colorado and would have it in two business days out of Memphis if it was emergency ordered as all vehicle-down warranty claims should be.

Good luck with your dealer.

jojobee

Established Member
Just so you know, I'm on my second tranny because of gear whine. Guess what, it does the same whine now as the last one. It didn't at first. Not until I supercharged it, and did a couple good pulls. I suggest you sell it once you get the warranty work done, if you don't want the noise to come back.

The same issue is happening to me, the trans was whining like crazy and they decided to open it.
They found 2 big gears that showed signs of degradation. They have decided to replace the gears and a bunch of bearings.
This is under warranty but they said that my issue was due to my car having too much power and my driving style and that the next time would not be warrantied... This is bullshit imo but i cant argue too much since i do have a couple of mods on the car.
Looking at a T56 but thats a lot of $$.

Tispho

Established Member
You could get a buy back an you will eat the cost of use an wear and tear. If you are fine with that then work up the ladder with ford.

^This

I don't expect them to buy the car back at the same value I paid for it, I expect them to give me a value for the car that I would get through a private sale.

They (Ford Motor Company) would then fix up the car and sell it on their own time. Thus no longer wasting my time by making me wait for repairs.

Or I expect them (FmC) to reimburse me for the amount of time that I did not have possession of my car. 3 months.

For those who are financing their cars, how would you feel if you are making payments on a car that is sitting at a dealership?

Should a person who has paid off their car vs. a person who is still making payments on their car be treated different? I think they should be treated the same. I have heard of several people who have had their payments waived for the amount of time that their car has been out of service.

Is this too much to ask for? :shrug:

bmyles

Established Member
I don't think ford going to do shit. I bought a new 08 gt that had the quarter smashed in on it , I found that out a few day after I bought it while I was washing it. Ford pretty much told me to F off it was new when it left the factory and its a dealer issue.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
^This

I don't expect them to buy the car back at the same value I paid for it, I expect them to give me a value for the car that I would get through a private sale.

They (Ford Motor Company) would then fix up the car and sell it on their own time. Thus no longer wasting my time by making me wait for repairs.

Or I expect them (FmC) to reimburse me for the amount of time that I did not have possession of my car. 3 months.

For those who are financing their cars, how would you feel if you are making payments on a car that is sitting at a dealership?

Should a person who has paid off their car vs. a person who is still making payments on their car be treated different? I think they should be treated the same. I have heard of several people who have had their payments waived for the amount of time that their car has been out of service.

I think you have an entitled attitude that makes you think you are better than anyone else and should get some kind of special treatment. I've seen people in worse situations whine less than you!

Even if you traded in the car, you wouldn't get what you could get for private sale. They will never give you that. You probably could talk them into trading it in since they are repairing it and know it will get fixed.

They won't reimburse your time. You have a car from them as a rental, you can get from A to B. They are also holding up the terms of the warranty. It doesn't say that if they have your car x amount of months they have to reimburse you. Just that the repairs have to be made.

Also, if Ford waives payments, you still have to make those up...you still owe them on the car...just you get out of paying for the car during the time you have it. No way they are taking 300-500 if not more payments and making them disappear.

second, they couldn't even do this for say my car, who I have the loan from huntington bank, unless they write a check for my car payment every month I don't have the car. Huntington is just gonna laugh at Ford if they try and tell them to postpone my payments.

Evilwayz

Established Member
I would really like to know what dealer your car is at. i worked at a ford dealer in n.va for 9 years. On a side note I may have some pull...:)

Last edited:

DrTriton

Established Member
My MT82 is whining in all gears under load - keep hearing about part shortages, back orders and repeat issues with this trans. The parts are probably still crossing the ocean from china!

Throwing mine in the scrap bin and installing a Tremec in a few weeks.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
^This

Heres what's gonna happen if ford agrees to buy back the car thet will only give you trade in value or less. Then out of that money they will take more for wear an tear on the car. If tires are worn you will pay for new tires. If you have aftermarket parts its adds less value too. It also will not be a simple process. From the time it starts it could take another 3months. Ford will then have the car inspected then re sale it.

jojobee

Established Member
My MT82 is whining in all gears under load - keep hearing about part shortages, back orders and repeat issues with this trans. The parts are probably still crossing the ocean from china!

Throwing mine in the scrap bin and installing a Tremec in a few weeks.

Exactly what mine was doing, only under load.
So far the dealer told me he got the parts so it took 5 days for gears and bearings. If only i had the feeling it would be fixed for good but apparently this is like a disease that comes back. I too am pricing a Magnum XL.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
regardless of the "pull" you have at a car dealership does not mean you are getting a part on back order any faster

Again, that transmission is not on backorder. That dealer would have the part in two days if the order was placed correctly. Had the parts guys run a locator on it :shrug:

cjb08

Established Member
I don't think ford going to do shit. I bought a new 08 gt that had the quarter smashed in on it , I found that out a few day after I bought it while I was washing it. Ford pretty much told me to F off it was new when it left the factory and its a dealer issue.

As they should have. What would that have to do with Ford? That's a dealer issue as I'm sure it happened at the dealer. I own 3 collision repair shops and fix new cars all the time that get damaged on test drives and such. Do you thing the dealers put a big sticker on the window that says "this car has been repaired"??
I think not.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
This truely sucks and has me scared. I have an early run 2011...No issues other than the standard 1-2 grind when cold, but I took care of that with a fluid swap..... I'm hoping to god these other issues don't show up. I only have 5000 miles on it but I have a feeling I'm probably in for some crap down the road with this car. Its funny how some 11's are fine and some are just POS's.

Tispho

Established Member
Again, that transmission is not on backorder. That dealer would have the part in two days if the order was placed correctly. Had the parts guys run a locator on it :shrug:

Thanks for the info slagburn. The dealership actually called me today and said that "Ford released a transmission" and that it should come in sometime next week. Perhaps it just came in?

I appreciate the feedback from all of you so far, knowing where I stand on the issue helps me sleep better at night.

My dealership has been good to me, they would have no reason to keep holding my vehicle as they are paying for a loaner.

I'm fed up with Ford (FmC) because they could not provide my dealership with a transmission. A corporation like Ford should account for part shortages especially if it is a re occurring problem. I also feel that by not returning my calls that they do not care. They probably don't. I never once yelled at the guy over the phone, he is a regional customer care rep, I understand he's busy, but to not return my calls?

If he would return my calls and say that it is a problem with Getreg and the suppliers I wouldn't have to express my thoughts on the internet like I did.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm fed up with Ford (FmC) because they could not provide my dealership with a transmission. A corporation like Ford should account for part shortages especially if it is a re occurring problem. I also feel that by not returning my calls that they do not care. They probably don't. I never once yelled at the guy over the phone, he is a regional customer care rep, I understand he's busy, but to not return my calls?

After reading all of these posts, I bet they don't care. They're probably tired of hearing you whine.

From what I can see, FMC is doing everything that they are suppose to be doing.

Users who are viewing this thread