Car in dealership for transwhine and cylinder 8

Tispho

Established Member
Brand new car bought August 2010. Paid cash for it. Should have stayed away, its a one of the very first produced 2011 GTs.

My car has been in the dealership since June 10th for transmission whine gears 1-4 and cylinder 8

Check Engine Light came @ 13500 miles
Pulled plug 8, it was fouled
Did compression test cylinder 8 lower than all others

Dealership is telling me that they need to repair the transmission first before they start working on the engine

Transmission been on back order since I dropped off the car on June 10th

Car has been sitting for more than 7 weeks due to back ordered trans. Ridiculous reason in my opinion.

Had several issues with this car
886 miles: pressure plate bolts backed out causing dowel pins to shear. Car out of service for more than 1 month
9756 miles: slave cylinder blew on highway causing me to be stranded for 3 hours on the highway. Car was out of service for 2 weeks
11960 miles: air bag light came on due to bad connector, took up 3 hours of my time at the dealership.

Other issues with car repaired at my own expense:
Hood Corrosion
Cold Shift Grinding, Notchy Shifting

and now two more major issues.

Tried contacting assigned regional customer service rep, he won't pick up the phone or respond to my messages.

Anyone have connections? I'm fed up with Ford. I just want them to buy the car back and stop wasting my time. Drives great when it works, but not worth the trouble to keep fixing it all the time.

Owned this car for 3 years, been out of service for about 3 months.

Last edited:

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
are you in a loaner? what do you want them to do that they aren't doing? Part is backordered they are waiting for it to arrive

scott_0

Established Member
wow that sucks! sorry to hear these issues. I see you said you paid out of pocket for the hood corrsosion repair, I just took my car in for this Tuesday, waiting to hear back because I sure as hell aint paying to fix it!

Tispho

Established Member
wow that sucks! sorry to hear these issues. I see you said you paid out of pocket for the hood corrsosion repair, I just took my car in for this Tuesday, waiting to hear back because I sure as hell aint paying to fix it!

I repaired it myself because I do paintwork and didn't want my car to sit at the dealership. They would probably have repaired it if I asked them to.

Not to mention the majority of body shops do shoddy work. And I trust my work over theirs.

are you in a loaner? what do you want them to do that they aren't doing? Part is backordered they are waiting for it to arrive

The dealership gave me a loaner, but I didn't pay to drive a 4 cylinder eco car. Especially during Summer time.

I want Ford to buy the car back or reimburse me for the amount of time that my car has been in the dealership. I've owned the car for three years it been out of service for 3 months.

-

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well, if the part is backordered, I'm not sure what else you want them to do about it. They want to fix it as bad as you want it fixed, they don't get paid until it's done. It's taking up space at their dealership right now.

Ford will not buy it back. If you were having the EXACT same issue over and over, you might get it bought back, but just claiming that your vehicle is subject to being bought back based on having numerous problems with it, is crazy.

I do feel for you, though. It sucks, but you don't have a leg to stand on.

On a lighter note, I like your car, it looks good! Your license plate is a little beyond me...but that's why it's on your car and not mine. Good luck with everything! :beer:

3 oh 2

Established Member
mine was sitting in the dealership for 5 weeks . I put a lot of pressure and they ended putting a new transmission . then I did a 6r80 swap

poof100

Established Member
I repaired it myself because I do paintwork and didn't want my car to sit at the dealership. They would probably have repaired it if I asked them to.

Not to mention the majority of body shops do shoddy work. And I trust my work over theirs.

The dealership gave me a loaner, but I didn't pay to drive a 4 cylinder eco car. Especially during Summer time.

I want Ford to buy the car back or reimburse me for the amount of time that my car has been in the dealership. I've owned the car for three years it been out of service for 3 months.

-

What dealership are you at, I see you are in N VA. Let me know or PM me if you don't want to post it here.

Tispho

Established Member
What dealership are you at, I see you are in N VA. Let me know or PM me if you don't want to post it here.

I would rather not say until everything is settled.

My dealership has been good to me. Ford Motor Company has not.

Last edited:

poof100

Established Member
I would rather not say until everything is settled.

My dealership has been good to me. Ford Motor Company has not.

Fair enough. PM me if anything changes, I have some pull with the high ups in one of the biggest dealerships in our area.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
pull with high ups isnt going to get a backordered transmission
you shouldn't be mad at ford or the dealership call getrag
also no way they are buying back a 3 year old car

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Its been to long for them to buy your car back. I'm afraid your a victim of the 1st year run change. Everyone knows the 2011's were rushed out the door because of the Camaro , and with that the early 11's were plagued with issues. Your stuck, you have no choice but to wait for the tranny. When it finally gets done trade the car in on a 14 Mustang, Camaro or challenger.

Rct851

Established Member
This kind of crap makes me think my untuned car is going to bit the dust while trying to take a girl out or something. I guess that's what 32k gets you

BMR Tech

Sorry to hear about your issues.

Fortunately, our 2011 Auto has been very nice to us, even with 620rwhp through the 6R80.

Have you looked into Lemon-Law specifics? I know nothing about that, but an attorney may be a good choice.

Hope it gets resolved.

poof100

Established Member
pull with high ups isnt going to get a backordered transmission
you shouldn't be mad at ford or the dealership call getrag
also no way they are buying back a 3 year old car

I understand that, but I was simply offering assistance where possible if the OP needed it. :rollseyes

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Have you looked into Lemon-Law specifics? I know nothing about that, but an attorney may be a good choice.

tumblr_ly2syqYKgT1qc4v9ro1_500.gif

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
while I feel bad for your situation, I've been through worse. I had a Ford car years ago that went through 4 engine rebuilds. Over a 1 year period I had the engine rebuilt twice and then replaced once and then that engine rebuilt again. Of 12 months I got to actually drive the car for 3 of them. Had a Ford Taurus rental at the time and not my Ford F-150. They wouldn't even let me have another truck as a loaner which felt pointless as I wanted a truck to have a truck and move things, not a little 4 door tin can. The taurus has gotten better since those days. I tried to get the Lemon law applied and even with a lawyer looking at it, couldn't get it approved. Car was near the end of the extended warranty. Might have been back then the Lemon law didn't apply to extension to the original warranty. I honestly forget.

Second, saying you paid cash means nothing. dealerships dislike two kinds of people. People who finance elsewhere and come pre approved to the dealership and people who pay cash. They make less money off you.

Third, Having worked retail, your not entitled to anything more than anyone else is. If your waiting on a backordered transmission that means there are a lot of other people waiting on them too. For all you know there have been people waiting longer than you. Be thankful they are fixing the car at no cost too you and not doing what a lot of dealerships do and trying every way possible to blame it on you!

my 2 cents...

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Surely you can't be serious

Not sure?

-Clutch Explosion
-Slave Cylinder
-Airbag Electrical System
-Hood Corrosion
-MT-82 Shifting Issue
-MT-82 Whine
-Blown Engine

Like said, I don't know anything about Lemon Law stuff, but I sure would try for it if I had this many issues, and did not have a perfectly running car, and was still under factory warranty.

I apologize if I made a bad recommendation. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread