Car in dealership for transwhine and cylinder 8

Tispho

Established Member
After reading all of these posts, I bet they don't care. They're probably tired of hearing you whine.

From what I can see, FMC is doing everything that they are suppose to be doing.

I called three times since June 10th, he returned zero.

Any complaint on SVTP is unreasonable.

Last edited:

DrTriton

Established Member
After reading all of these posts, I bet they don't care. They're probably tired of hearing you whine.

From what I can see, FMC is doing everything that they are suppose to be doing.

Yep, they are working full-time trying to save a buck by sourcing drive line parts to China! High fives and big bonus to that buyer! :bash:

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
I called three times since June 10th, he returned zero.

Any complaint on SVTP is unreasonable.

For all you know he was fired/moved on to a different job/car accident/heart attack and you keep leaving him voicemails and depending on the situation he isn't working at the time.

Before hating a company, try more than one point of contact...

I've dealt with the above with my current job, people getting fired, my part of the company not being notified and we continue to call them.

elevenfivezero

Established Member
I dont know about your states lemon law but i have gone through california lemon law.

1. Its never too late.
2. In service for atleast 30 days accumlative!
3. Reasonable amount of repair attempts (reasonable is atleast twice) its whats reasonable to you.
4. Same issure for more than 3 repair attempts.

You should always be offered a rental at no expense even while going through the lemon buy back or replace procedure. Rental is offered by the dealership. You must pay your payment if you have one, in some cases ford will reinburse for payments made = to dqys in service, some dealers offer some type of compensation too. Raise hell to everyone, I contacted ford customer service, my sales person, service managers, service directors, porters, service advisors, loan department and even the dealerships owner.

Its a long procedure and most of the time ford will asses vehicle use for which they charge the max allowed by law for depreciation. If you can just get a lemon law lawyer, no hassel to you, cost you nothing , is faster, and you end up better off.

jojobee

Established Member
Exactly what mine was doing, only under load.
So far the dealer told me he got the parts so it took 5 days for gears and bearings. If only i had the feeling it would be fixed for good but apparently this is like a disease that comes back. I too am pricing a Magnum XL.

Got my car back today and the transmission whine is GONE :)
They changed first gear, 5th gear pinion, input shaft and a bunch of bearings.
Total cost charged to Ford about 3500$, i cant imagine having them do this 3 times under warranty.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Hey guys we know that adding power beyond the trannies capability will eventually cause issues. We also know what to do when it breaks. Put a tranny in worthy of the power that your putting out!

jojobee

Established Member
Hey guys we know that adding power beyond the trannies capability will eventually cause issues. We also know what to do when it breaks. Put a tranny in worthy of the power that your putting out!

I am already pricing out a Magnum XL but some guys had good luck with the MT82 so maybe my first one was bad from the beginning and it just got worse.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I cant justify a tremec xl till mine breaks are starts giving me issues. So far even with Paxton the tranny has been solid! Not to mention it has fresh spec2+ clutch and a new dss drive shaft on it..i changed my tranny oil very early in the cars life and i think that has made a big difference thus far!

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
I have a 2011 built early 2010 with the MT-82 that I abuse royally and it still runs strong. Per everyones logic it should have broken back in 2011 :D.

jojobee

Established Member
I cant justify a tremec xl till mine breaks are starts giving me issues. So far even with Paxton the tranny has been solid! Not to mention it has fresh spec2+ clutch and a new dss drive shaft on it..i changed my tranny oil very early in the cars life and i think that has made a big difference thus far!

Same here but now that its fine i'm afraid to cause issues again by switching fluid. I only noticed the whine after changing to Amsoil ATF and putting on the driveshaft.
Ford did put the QDC fluid in so i'm hesitant to do the switch again...

I have a 2011 built early 2010 with the MT-82 that I abuse royally and it still runs strong. Per everyones logic it should have broken back in 2011 :D.

I dont know, its like the lottery, mine wasnt broken it just started whining like hell.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
This. We deal with backorders all the time here and they are at the mercy of the manufacturer (Getrag for example).

Same here but now that its fine i'm afraid to cause issues again by switching fluid. I only noticed the whine after changing to Amsoil ATF and putting on the driveshaft.
Ford did put the QDC fluid in so i'm hesitant to do the switch again...

I dont know, its like the lottery, mine wasnt broken it just started whining like hell.

Yeah now that its fixed dont do anything to it but dont change how you drive it. If it breaks again.. Hello tremec...!

Users who are viewing this thread