Cannot decide on what wheels to get

GT915

Established Member
Tires now are 275/35/19's.. all the way around.

I do not have the stock wheels anymore.

I also think gloss black or piano black wheels look the best and will look the best on my car. Is that a bad thing?

I really like your cars stance with the 19s. I'll be interested to see what you end up getting and hearing how well you like
going from a square 19 set up to staggered 20s. It has got to be heavier and will either have a very short sidewall, or will be much taller overall which will effectively lower your final drive ratio numerically. Maybe I'm just overthinking this...

BlackDragon

Because Race Car...
Established Member
Why not look into ccw sp's? (SP16's, SP18's, or SP20's) They look just like the chicanes but no bolts. I went with the 505's instead of the victorys because of the bolt issue...

Assembly bolts look like poo on a powdercoated rim, IMO

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
I really like your cars stance with the 19s. I'll be interested to see what you end up getting and hearing how well you like
going from a square 19 set up to staggered 20s. It has got to be heavier and will either have a very short sidewall, or will be much taller overall which will effectively lower your final drive ratio numerically. Maybe I'm just overthinking this...

i doubt the 20" wheels will be heavier than the RTR wheels. I have 3.73's, a taller rear tire will help me.

CMIYC

Established Member
A wheel? If so get some HRE 590RS god those are deadly on these cars... Google search the blue angels mustang for pics

They just look like an F14 just with a dish :shrug: They are nice but are certainly a design that has been played out on these cars.

NoVA_Mike

Established Member
Forgestar concave CF10s... I may be a bit partial to them but they are lightweight, look great, and not a lot of mustangs are on them. I have them in gloss gunmetal and couldn't be happier.

Last edited:

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Forgestar concave CF10s... I may be a bit partial to them but they are lightweight, look great, and not a lot of mustangs are on them. I have them in gloss gunmetal and couldn't be happier.

post some pics up of your car. The more, the better.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
On the upper end of your budget but CCW C14s.

photo_main.jpg

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Dont feel that black is played out. Some people like Chrome bling bling which I've done and think is played out. I think black is Sinister which is what I wanted for my 11GT a nd 04 Cobra. Painted wheels that are the same as the car is stockish looking to me. It's all in taste...opinions vary.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Dont feel that black is played out. Some people like Chrome bling bling which I've done and think is played out. I think black is Sinister which is what I wanted for my 11GT a nd 04 Cobra. Painted wheels that are the same as the car is stockish looking to me. It's all in taste...opinions vary.

thank you. Stock cars come with chrome/aluminum colored wheels. Black just looks so much better, in my opinion. Chrome is too flashy for me and i hate anything thats chrome.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Thanks for the pics ^, the car looks really good. Looking to buy a new set of wheels too, thanks for the offer to sell though.

All 3 look really good.

Leaning more towards the CV3's now for some reason.

Last edited:

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
I think graphite would provide some good contrast. But again, I also like what you have on the car now. Mine with the SVTPP's.

NJMPSept2012.jpg

i love the SVTPP wheels. I should have purchased those instead of the RTR wheels.

Car looks awesome too

IA Shelby

Established Member
Check out the vossen's cv7 on the gig boss on their website.

I would take those over the cv3.

NoVA_Mike

Established Member
post some pics up of your car. The more, the better.

I'm not much of a photographer. But here's one look. I have the 19s with a short sidewall. They feel perfect to me, but I admit the rear could fill the gap a little better. That could be remedied with a taller tire, but I like the wide 295s.

IMG_20121121_150614.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread