Cannot decide on what wheels to get

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Hey, with Christmas coming up and tax return season coming up (Late January for me).. I am looking into getting new wheels for my car.

I am still waiting on spacers from Steeda to come in so i can update my other parts thread, finally.

The budget is around $1500-$3000. Nice cars, get nice wheels.

Wheels have the be all black. Gloss/piano black. No textured or matte.

Wheel choices are:

Forgestar CF10's - All black. 20x9 for the front and 20x11 for the back

True Forged Chicanes - All black. Glossy center section and a matte black? lip - 20x9 and 20x11

or

Vossen Cv3's - All black. 20x9 and 20x11. I will have these powdercoated. looks like vossen does not have a black finish for them.

Few pics of the car:

DSC00383.jpg

DSC00139.jpg

DSC00133.jpg

I am switching to the Steeda Q-series front fascia too.

03lowram

Established Member
Don't get Vossen's, because I'm getting them!! Lol I'm actually getting mine Powdercoated gloss Black.

w3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Established Member
I honestly like the Stance version of the Vossen CV-3 Wheels. A little less played out and the finishes all look nice. True Forged Chicanes are pretty hard to beat but I think I like the 5 spoke wheels the most on 05 and up cars.

chao5.0

Established Member
i saw CCW T1000's and i'm leaning heavily towards them with a gold center and polished lip. i just don't know how that will look on a GB '13, i want something different that black or grey so i'm trying to get creative and i'm willing to try something new as long as it looks good.

BlackMamba3

Established Member
I like the idea of going with Forgestar. Yes, alot of people have them but they're BY FAR one of the best looking wheels on our cars. I also agree with 20x9 and 20x11.

My question is, why not F14's?

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
my 2004 mustang is going to eventually get RTS wheels, they are out.

F14's look too much like the RTR wheels, they are out - even though they look amazing.
A lot of people have forgestar's on the internet. Not in the real world.

RTR's have too aggressive of an offset and can not fit a wider tire out back.

I think the 5 spoke wheels look better on the New edge body styles as opposed to the S197 style. But the vossen's look really good

I would want the chicanes to look like these:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/wheels-tires-285/773667-true-forged-all-black-20-chicanes.html

03dsgdreams

Established Member
Seems like your getting closer and closer to the point of having more money then you know what to do with. No offense, I'm happy for you.

03dsgdreams

Established Member
^ This spring we should get some local metro Detroit guys together and head out to gingerman raceway for an open track day.. It's not to far at all..

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
I think the wheels you have on now look good. Athough I agree with others, black is getting played out.

What size tires are you running?

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Tires now are 275/35/19's.. all the way around.

I do not have the stock wheels anymore.

I also think gloss black or piano black wheels look the best and will look the best on my car. Is that a bad thing?

Users who are viewing this thread