Cannon AFB/Clovis Area

CO_SVT

Established Member
Alright well the 99 svt already has 03/04 rear and side skirts on it. black chrome fr500s lowered basic exhaust intake setup. black interior black leather. Motor wis is almost the same as ours a few more horse not really enough to make a difference. but the motor can adapt 03/04 parts straight up. downside is IRS rear end though. Has a returnless fuel setup so more power later makes it harder with that as well. idk!!

Why do you say IRS is the down side?

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
Why do you say IRS is the down side?

alot of people dont like IRS, because of Wheel hop at the track, and breaking half shafts. solid rear is the way to go with a sticky tire for sure. and as far as my mod list. I just have a KB 2.2 bigger throttle body, and thats it as far as anything that makes power. got bigger injectors but that dont make you faster, just supports more power. so im pretty happy.

CO_SVT

Established Member
alot of people dont like IRS, because of Wheel hop at the track, and breaking half shafts. solid rear is the way to go with a sticky tire for sure. and as far as my mod list. I just have a KB 2.2 bigger throttle body, and thats it as far as anything that makes power. got bigger injectors but that dont make you faster, just supports more power. so im pretty happy.

Well saying solid rear is the way to go with sticky tires isn't really true, plenty of cobras with sticky tires in the 10's with the IRS, the main reason to go to the solid is not having to worry about half shafts (as you stated) and weight savings, you don't really have to worry about wheel hop if you have sticky tires and upgrade the bushings etc. I haven't had much of a problem out of my IRS but the only thing that I could add to it would be an ugraded differential.

Also as far as mods go I was wanting to see everything done to the car, to see if there was something holding back your power level.

Post an intro thread on PFO man, we'd love to have new people over there.

Last edited:

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
ill be on PFO soon, SVT just has everything i need and more classifieds so im always on it. i need to take some pictures of the car first and ill head that way. BTW if anyone has any chrome wheels. FR500 or etc. im kinda looking and getting something a little more flashy.

CO_SVT

Established Member
ill be on PFO soon, SVT just has everything i need and more classifieds so im always on it. i need to take some pictures of the car first and ill head that way. BTW if anyone has any chrome wheels. FR500 or etc. im kinda looking and getting something a little more flashy.

I know what you mean about SVTP, I am on it daily as well. Chrome wheels will look sick on your car! Get some CCW classics!

Last edited:

LC281

Established Member
hey whats up guys! im here in las cruces, nm so if you ever roll through let me know! down in el paso they have a pretty decent track there so if any of you make a trip just hollar at me

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
My girl lives in El Paso or just north of it really in Anthony and so I'll be down in that area here later this month.

pbdrew15

Established Member
Sold it a few days ago. For now just rolling the fox around, guess just looking to see what interests me now!

pbdrew15

Established Member
Yea some guy in my unit. Works engine shop. Hes not into the forum stuff I guess. Took the dang pfo decals off and everything!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread