Cannon AFB/Clovis Area

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
They are moving my whole gunship unit to Cannon AFB next year so curious if there any kind of mustang scene out there or around Clovis.

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
Wouldn't mind stopping by Hellion, shoot be nice to have them do the install on one of their kits for a second mustang I plan on getting once I get stationed out there.

68gtscode

Established Member
I'd like to do the same if I ever move back... I still have family in Albuquerque. You shouldn't have any trouble with emissions down there.

Are you at Hurlburt Field? I was at Eglin when I was AD... Lived in Destin.

Matt

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
So no vehicle inspections in NM then? yeah I'm at Hurlburt Field. I live in Navarre. Hating the love bugs that are caking the front of my car every day.

68gtscode

Established Member
Not in most counties. I know Bernalillo County does (this is where Albquerque is), and I would bet Santa Fe county does too... Other than those I don't think you will have a problem. My brother and I maintain a PO box in Torrance County and that's where we register our cars- my Mustangs and his Porsches. You should have not a problem especially because you are AD. The cops out there are used to pickups with glasspacks and bald tires anyhow, so a Mustang with a loud exhaust and DRs shouldn't cause too much concern.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
I'm down in Las Cruces. Be ready for the culture shock of your life. There is nothing in Clovis but cows, flat land and crappy weather. Bright side is Roswell is 100 miles where HP is located and a nice track. Been a while since I have been there so that could have changed by now, don't know. I believe Clovis is about 4,200' or so in elevation so the car will feel a little slower than you're used to.

But other than that, welcome to NM! :D

68gtscode

Established Member
There is nothing in Clovis but cows, flat land and crappy weather. :D

That would just about sum up half of the state. Kind of depressing in a lot of ways, but every place has its strengths and weaknesses I guess. At least you can mod your car w/o regard for legality.

Matt

REDSVT150

Established Member
I spent 2 weeks at Cannon once for an exercise. The only green I remember seeing was on what they called a golf course.

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
Where is Las Cruces??? Yeah alot of the guys and I just planned to take lots of road trips to Dallas/Vegas/Pheonix during our 3 and 4 day weekends. Def not ready for a culture shock, cuz I live in the Florida panhandle where it's a party area out here, but there is just 1 highway that's parallel to the water so traffic really sux, with I-10 like 30 miles north of here. But I haven't got cut any orders yet, but sure once I re-enlist I will.

TT04Cobra

It's Coming.....
Established Member
I'm 20 miles from clovis, no mustang action going on here at all, a couple of buddies of mine are in the air force with cannon, they both had 03's, one just got outta the air force not too long ago and moved to california and the other is being stationed in georgia next month. I'll be the only one with the 04 cobra in the area. And I won't even have it cuz its down for MAJOR work. We'll have to catch up sometime when you get stationed here.

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
There a few cobras from my unit headed to clovis. A red 03 that left already like a month ago or so and a 99 Cobra conv and a 03 Cobra conv and me if I get orders after I re-enlist.

TT04Cobra

It's Coming.....
Established Member
Sweet, let me know if you get orders out this way and we can meet up. I won't have my car but its always nice to see a few 03-04's around.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
I travel to Lubbock, TX once a month for business...heck I'm there right now! I know there is a club of some sort down here and I think it's only about an hour from Clovis.

20svtcobra03

Established Member
hey man just saw the post i live about 3 hours away in texas and the 1st saturday of every month we have a get together theres a little bit of everything there in amarillo. hit up the website they have www.amarilloracers.com btw i go to Cannon AFB quite abit for work do ive seen a few cobras there all stock i suppose i saw a couple spit fire red ones thats it... hit me up sometime if you make a trip over oh

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread