Cannon AFB/Clovis Area

LDC2335

Established Member
there is another black on black sn95 coupe on base now, anyone know him? White guy driving, stock spoiler, black rims.

06evomr

Established Member
the guy that downgraded to the crx .. spun a rod bearing in his cobra :) what an idiot!

btw that crx is a low 14 high 13. (and im sure that car will have the same result in the end). what ashame

TomballGuy05

Established Member
the guy that downgraded to the crx .. spun a rod bearing in his cobra :) what an idiot!

btw that crx is a low 14 high 13. (and im sure that car will have the same result in the end). what ashame

Ha, he was so excited about getting it. Should have put that money in the Cobra and maybe it would be fast.

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
hey 06evoMr. What evo on base is yours, what color? i started to play around with some evo on 21st but found myself without traction till about 65 with the tires i have.

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
Just owe them some cash for the motor build, I have everything already, just got done putting all the suspension stuff on about a month and a half ago. Hopefully have it running soon. I got a new cell number too. What about you man? Whats been goin on?

Been better, the cobra's rear bumper decided to meet my neighbors brick mailbox the day we had a bad snow storm on a Thursday and when the base lost power. So right now im in the process of getting a used 03/04 bumper off here on SVTP. Supposed to get my tax return tomorrow so if so I'm gonna buy it off of him. Just gotta find a good place locally to get it painted silver metallic. Sucks the Ford place in town doesn't have a paint/body shop. So I might be taking the bumper to Gene Messer Ford in Lubbock if I can't find anything local.

TomballGuy05

Established Member
Speaking of paint/body shops, do you guys know any places around here or Lubbock/Amarillo that do good paint work? I did a DITY from Alaska when I came down here and I put my car on a trailer with a car cover on it and sand got under the cover and rubbed into the clear coat and it looks like shit in some places. Anyone have any experience with shops around here? What should I expect to pay for something like that?

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
hey wanted to let everyone from clovis know that me and Platt (yellow vette) are going to Roswell area 51 dragway on March 6th. Its a saturday. Its there first test and tune of the year. and I hear there should be a good turn out of cars. Gates open at 11 i think i will leave clovis Around 9. Let me know if you can go, id like to get as many cars as posisble out there. hoping to get in the 10's at this DA.

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
Speaking of paint/body shops, do you guys know any places around here or Lubbock/Amarillo that do good paint work? I did a DITY from Alaska when I came down here and I put my car on a trailer with a car cover on it and sand got under the cover and rubbed into the clear coat and it looks like shit in some places. Anyone have any experience with shops around here? What should I expect to pay for something like that?

There is a new guy on PFO that is headed back here shortly to Cannon and he works in corrosion and paints. So just a heads up.

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
hey guys negative on the track for now, i took her to the dyno today and my maf is pegged out. so i got a sct on order. so far i made 628/615 shutting it down at 5900. thats with torco race accelerator. on pump so far its put down 604/604. so hopefully i can get a little more out of her. will make it to the track sometime in march though. (btw, DREAMCHASERRACING.com) jake is the tuner there. he has amazing knowledge and i would take anything i owned to him, if you need a tune i HIGHLY recommend him.

TomballGuy05

Established Member
hey guys negative on the track for now, i took her to the dyno today and my maf is pegged out. so i got a sct on order. so far i made 628/615 shutting it down at 5900. thats with torco race accelerator. on pump so far its put down 604/604. so hopefully i can get a little more out of her. will make it to the track sometime in march though. (btw, DREAMCHASERRACING.com) jake is the tuner there. he has amazing knowledge and i would take anything i owned to him, if you need a tune i HIGHLY recommend him.

Nice numbers man! How much torco were you adding and to how much fuel? Jake said he put a race gas tune on my programmer and I've been back and forth between using torco or not. I second Jake being a great guy and great tuner.

CO_SVT

Established Member

What pulley set up are you running and how much boost? Nice numbers btw!

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
I was running 2 cans to a tank just for special insurance so i call it. but it was only at 20 degrees timing on race tune, which isn't anything for race fuel. were going to put 5 gal of vp109 and go for about 660/630. Blake- I have a 3.0 upper, and 2lb lower. i see peak of 19lbs in mid range RPM and it drops to 18.5 up top, he said lower pulleys do that for some reason sometimes. its amazing the tune i had from Hp Performance made 521/520 on jakes dyno. and he has it at 100 more hp and 100 more ft lbs of trq so far. i cant wait to see what it runs like. i just put new mickey thompsons on it. Im gonna race the big EVO as soon as i can.

CO_SVT

Established Member
I was running 2 cans to a tank just for special insurance so i call it. but it was only at 20 degrees timing on race tune, which isn't anything for race fuel. were going to put 5 gal of vp109 and go for about 660/630. Blake- I have a 3.0 upper, and 2lb lower. i see peak of 19lbs in mid range RPM and it drops to 18.5 up top, he said lower pulleys do that for some reason sometimes. its amazing the tune i had from Hp Performance made 521/520 on jakes dyno. and he has it at 100 more hp and 100 more ft lbs of trq so far. i cant wait to see what it runs like. i just put new mickey thompsons on it. Im gonna race the big EVO as soon as i can.

Nice, I can't wait to join in the fun! Not sure if anyone is interested in helping but i am going to be putting the Whipple and some other parts on the Cobra when I get back in about a month. I think I am going to do it at the hobby shop on base, let me know if you want to help and I'll let you all know when I am doing it.

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
Nice, I can't wait to join in the fun! Not sure if anyone is interested in helping but i am going to be putting the Whipple and some other parts on the Cobra when I get back in about a month. I think I am going to do it at the hobby shop on base, let me know if you want to help and I'll let you all know when I am doing it.

yea man i got no problem helping out, i've never done a swap before but im sure between all of us we can put 2 and 2 together. have you found out who you want to tune it? i know you said something about dyno edge. But i would go to racelubbock.com and amarilloracers.com or racingsouthwest.com. and talk to those guys. from what i hear if you have a cobra its either boostperformance in Amarillo. or Dreamchasers is GREAT. the dude spent 2 days on the dyno. put a lower on my car and only charged $400. and he used to work for the company of superflow dyno's. so he knows his shit.

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member

You know I'm already there Blake.

Had some dark red/ maroon like Subaru try to mess with me on the way to Hastings. Dumb high school kids

CO_SVT

Established Member
yea man i got no problem helping out, i've never done a swap before but im sure between all of us we can put 2 and 2 together. have you found out who you want to tune it? i know you said something about dyno edge. But i would go to racelubbock.com and amarilloracers.com or racingsouthwest.com. and talk to those guys. from what i hear if you have a cobra its either boostperformance in Amarillo. or Dreamchasers is GREAT. the dude spent 2 days on the dyno. put a lower on my car and only charged $400. and he used to work for the company of superflow dyno's. so he knows his shit.

Yea, I have been considering going to Dreamchasers, how much advance notice does he need for me to book a tune? What did your A/F ratio look like? How about your power curve?

I'll let everyone know when I am going to do the work on the car, most likely will be the first week I get home.

Users who are viewing this thread