Can I run 110 Unleaded Octane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
Some of the Sunoco stations sell 110 unleaded in the area. I bought some when I had my race tune setup on the dyno. At the time (March) it was selling for $7.89 per gallon...:eek:

I stand corrected. The Sunoco I've been buying is the 100 unleaded. 110 leaded is available at some of the local Gate stations.

Here's a link where you can search for Sunoco stations in your area that sell the 100 unleaded:

Overview - Sunoco 260 GT100 Locations

:beer:

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Hey Chris what clutch setup are you going to run with the 2.2?

I hope the stocker lasts for a few more months, 25,000 miles on the car and less than 10,000 miles since just an upper pulley on. So it's been a stock car most of it's life so hopefully it has some good life left in it :coolman:

But I have heard good things about the Spec 3+. So will probably look into that bad boy.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Hey Brandon how's the Aluminator holding up? Getting ready to take mine over to the tuner on Friday to discuss some options and see what she will do on a more aggressive tune. Been really considering going auto but haven't made a decision yet.

Hey Jack. the aluminator is holding up fine so far. Just been fighting frps issue's. I have replaced the sensor and still get p0190 code after 3 to 4 run cycles and so far I have not been able to figure out what the problem is. I'll be getting under the car today to see what I can find under there.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I hope the stocker lasts for a few more months, 25,000 miles on the car and less than 10,000 miles since just an upper pulley on. So it's been a stock car most of it's life so hopefully it has some good life left in it :coolman:

But I have heard good things about the Spec 3+. So will probably look into that bad boy.

I have enjoyed my 3+ Chris. I might go twin disc when my 3+ needs replaced.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
...Beats the $550 I was going to have to pay Manny @ HPP to tune it + I don't have to drive 4 hours down to Dallas nor wait a month until his schedule is open.

It wasn't a month but OK. His price includes a tuner of your choice(SCT or Diablo) and every tune after that is $50-$75. Damn good deal if you ask me. There is a reason he stays as busy as he does. Oh well. What do I know?

Good luck with Kurtis!

forcefedcobra

Established Member
It wasn't a month but OK. His price includes a tuner of your choice(SCT or Diablo) and every tune after that is $50-$75. Damn good deal if you ask me. There is a reason he stays as busy as he does. Oh well. What do I know?

Good luck with Kurtis!

not much if you ask me. LOL! How ya been G?

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
not much if you ask me. LOL! How ya been G?

:lol:

I can't complain too much! Just enjoying the "real world". Guess that is what you are supposed to do with life after college! ;-) Haha I'm good, bro. Just workin' and enjoying life the best I can!

How have you been?

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member

Good luck with Kurtis!

That's weird because I spoke with Manny on several different occasions and he confirmed it would be $550 for 3 tunes or $475 for 2 tunes. When I called him (weeks ago) he told me the first weekend he had available was July 11.

But what do I know? Manny must have been lieing to me the whole time. :shrug:

Brutal Metal

Established Member

Good luck with Kurtis!
Luv that Sig pic, I wanna take a shot like that, and Hells Yeah Metal up Yur ASS!! :rockon:

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
That's weird because I spoke with Manny on several different occasions and he confirmed it would be $550 for 3 tunes or $475 for 2 tunes. When I called him (weeks ago) he told me the first weekend he had available was July 11.

But what do I know? Manny must have been lieing to me the whole time. :shrug:

Did I dispute the prices you quoted? No. Just stating his retune prices. I have been by there almost every week for the past, oh, month just to say hi b/c I've been doing some work in the Ft. Worth area and have seen the schedule that is posted on a 3'x7' Dry/Erase board. Must have been some confusion b/c there could have plenty of slots for you.

Oh well! Not here to piss in your snow. Enjoy your tune by Archangel!

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Did I dispute the prices you quoted? No. Just stating his retune prices. I have been by there almost every week for the past, oh, month just to say hi b/c I've been doing some work in the Ft. Worth area and have seen the schedule that is posted on a 3'x7' Dry/Erase board. Must have been some confusion b/c there could have plenty of slots for you.

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
I run straight 110 leaded, i love the smell, i pay around $6 per gallon at a local place...

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
I throw some in at the track. With my 2.76/4lb 23* tune and no port i like the thought of higher octane since i have a good bit of timing with my heat lol.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member

Hey Graycen, how'd the body work come out? I was at the Omni and saw the damage that Tony pointed out, we were with you guys when it happened (although I didn't see the hit, just saw the guardrail'd white C6):lol1:

I too would wait for Manny, he tuned my 04, and its one of the fastest pulley only Cobras in the DFW area (Im aware of).

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
Highest I have seen in Cali is the VP MS109 which is actually 105 unleaded and not at the pump. As far as the leaded 110 it ****ed my o2 sensors up with a quickness. Never ran cats so thats not a big deal. Thought I could get away running the 110 in a pinch, because I wasn't able to pick up any 100 octane. I have to drive down to Pacific Beach to get that at the pump at the VP station. That VP110, C12, C16 are all leaded. Have fun replacing your o2 sensors.

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
Highest I have seen in Cali is the VP MS109 which is actually 105 unleaded and not at the pump. As far as the leaded 110 it ****ed my o2 sensors up with a quickness. Never ran cats so thats not a big deal. Thought I could get away running the 110 in a pinch, because I wasn't able to pick up any 100 octane. I have to drive down to Pacific Beach to get that at the pump at the VP station. That VP110, C12, C16 are all leaded. Have fun replacing your o2 sensors.

ive ran it a few times already....would i know if the 02's went out would there be a cose that will show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread