Can I run 110 Unleaded Octane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
ive ran it a few times already....would i know if the 02's went out would there be a cose that will show?

Well my first indication was my wideband taking a shit. The second indication was the car no longer idling right. After extensive trouble shooting, figured it out once I took my car to Greg at RET to tune the car, since I figured my car needed to be further tuned to fix the idle problem. Sure enough one O2 was completely dead, and the other was on life support. I have the rear O2 turned off. I have been running good old 100 unleaded in my car for 8000 plus miles. Half my cars entire life. I am always interested though in finding new options for race gas. The MS 109 is just too big a pain in the ass and its expensive, which is why I chose to tune for 100. It works fine with my Whipple at 22 lbs.

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
Well my first indication was my wideband taking a shit. The second indication was the car no longer idling right. After extensive trouble shooting, figured it out once I took my car to Greg at RET to tune the car, since I figured my car needed to be further tuned to fix the idle problem. Sure enough one O2 was completely dead, and the other was on life support. I have the rear O2 turned off. I have been running good old 100 unleaded in my car for 8000 plus miles. Half my cars entire life. I am always interested though in finding new options for race gas. The MS 109 is just too big a pain in the ass and its expensive, which is why I chose to tune for 100. It works fine with my Whipple at 22 lbs.

sweet thank you and nice car!

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
:fart:
Thanks man, you too. Good luck on the tune. Its always a good time to see how they do when you do some mods. Where in cali are you?

i live in paso robles a small town 250 miles north of downey.....btw im in whittier right now at a hotel so i can wake up and be 10 miles from greg my appt is at 9am tomorrow:banana:

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
:fart:

i live in paso robles a small town 250 miles north of downey.....btw im in whittier right now at a hotel so i can wake up and be 10 miles from greg my appt is at 9am tomorrow:banana:

Sweet. Good luck. Greg is the man with these cars. He made pretty much everything that was giving my car problems all better.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
:poke: hello bro i live in california there is no 93 octane......91 is the hightest here. ill post my papers buddy when im finished getting tuned we'll leave it at that

Yeah, I saw your thread about your dyno numbers. Exactly like I told you.
Way to prove my point. Maybe you'll listen to guys who had your mods 5
years ago and have already been down that road.

i just experienced this situation....no hp gain for me when bumping up the timing on 110 octane:shrug: doesnt work with a ported set up with no play room this set up is already at full potential......it def works with twin screw set ups that got more play room

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
Yeah, I saw your thread about your dyno numbers. Exactly like I told you.
Way to prove my point. Maybe you'll listen to guys who had your mods 5
years ago and have already been down that road.

yup as i said earlier in the thread should of listened now i just found out with my own eyes lol;-)

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
yup as i said earlier in the thread should of listened now i just found out with my own eyes lol;-)

Just trying to help bro! :) I've wasted way too much money on this car...just
trying to help guys out. Nice numbers, congrats.

Mike Dj

Established Member
Screenshot_2018-05-20-03-15-32.png
Screenshot_2018-05-20-03-15-13.png

110 unleaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread