Can I run 110 Unleaded Octane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
I will be getting my Cobra tuned next Thursday/Friday. I was set on running 104 unleaded for my race gas tune until I found out I can get 110 unleaded from my buddies dad.

Anyone on here run 110 unleaded or have any pros/cons abot it? Is it just as good as 104 or is the 6 octane really gonna make that much difference?

Thanks for your time
Chris

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
I will be getting my Cobra tuned next Thursday/Friday. I was set on running 104 unleaded for my race gas tune until I found out I can get 110 unleaded from my buddies dad.

Anyone on here run 110 unleaded or have any pros/cons abot it? Is it just as good as 104 or is the 6 octane really gonna make that much difference?

Thanks for your time
Chris

run 110! im doing this next week chris it smells so good lol
CIMG1168.jpg

rtusnake

Established Member
You need a tune to gain anything from running higher octane. If you run it alot, it will kill your 02's. I believe 109 or 108 is the highest unleaded you can get

rtusnake

Established Member
I must have missed the whole part about you getting a tune lol. I run it in my car a good bit. Con's is the price and pro's is the extra power and smell

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Thanks rtusnake. I'm going to go ahead and get the 110 unleaded.

I can get the 110 unleaded for only $3-4 than the 104 unleaded from my friend's dad. So I'll just go that route and it will give me a little wiggle room.

I hope to hit 615+ to the tire on this tune.

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
as said above you will need a different tune for each octane level you want.

and higher octane unleaded gas will not mess up your o2 sensors. leaded gas however will.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
run 110! im doing this next week chris it smells so good lol

You don't need anything more than 93 octane with your mods. 110 is overkill
and is a waste of money. It's leaded also, but you said you aren't running cats
so that won't matter.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
Might as well get a killthatmofo tune, only be used for track days.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
unleaded i run no cats and i have never had an issue burning anything besides the fuel i run it all the time:shrug: do you have your cats?

Anthony, I think you meant to say the VP 110 you have is leaded race fuel. No big deal since you don't have cats. But, a royal PITA to keep buying by the 5 gallon can.

I wish we had one of the Unocal stations near us with the 100 octane unlead pumps. It's cat friendly, and boost friendly too. :rolling:

Unleaded Race/Racing Fuel at the Pump in Calififornia

I fill up with it every time I go down to the Valley Circle meet in Agoura Hills.

9zyerb.jpg

Last edited:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
Some of the Sunoco stations sell 110 unleaded in the area. I bought some when I had my race tune setup on the dyno. At the time (March) it was selling for $7.89 per gallon...:eek:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Some of the Sunoco stations sell 110 unleaded in the area. I bought some when I had my race tune setup on the dyno. At the time (March) it was selling for $7.89 per gallon...:eek:

I have a local Sunoco that has 110 at the pump. That's what I run.
It's $6.99 per gallon.

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member

I have a local Sunoco that is a 5 minute drive from my house with 110:rockon:

Ours is leadded though.

I have a local Sunoco that has 110 at the pump. That's what I run.
It's $6.99 per gallon.

Leaded or un? Damn, it's $7.50 here:nonono:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
There used to be a few Sunoco's around here that sold Cam2 at the pumps, but now 93 is the max. I don't even see 94 anymore.
I have to go to Atco to get anything better than 93 and even there, the best unleaded fuel is 104 I think.

03Cobran00b

Banned
Well since you asked, there is something that called AFR/"stoich"<--- i don't know if i spelled it right. anyway, Race gas may affect your A/F Ratio, also ethanol<--- I'm not sure about that, you have to search it on Modularfords, there was a thread not long ago, maybe 2-3 months... search the 2003-2004 Cobra section... just to let you know.

You will be fine if you have a Wideband.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Thanks for the replies guys.

I'm going with the 110 unleaded. It's only going to be used for the track or the occasional Friday night. I can get a 5 gallon drum of it for $3 more than the 104 so why not.

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
You don't need anything more than 93 octane with your mods. 110 is overkill
and is a waste of money. It's leaded also, but you said you aren't running cats
so that won't matter.

you must need to:read: more because you should know by now that with 91 octane max timing can be *21 and on 110 i can run 25-26 timing....big difference

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread