Can anyone tell me why the 2011 has 20s out back and 19s up front?

chuckstang

Established Member
sorry fellas

20s are for posers

18s get much better traction and weigh less

its cool if thats your thing

LMAO

20s are what come on the jeep srt 8 by the way

Also the car sits lower with 18" tires which make it handle better.

Just look at any review, the 18s our perform the 20s

Its fact lil boys

Sorry you cant handle the truth

I predict the 2014 to have 22"s! ya man soooo cool HAHAHAHAH

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Hmmmm...........^^^you sure Chuck?? Gee, all the complaining you've done, is yours really better?? Hate to say but evasive is right on the money. Sorry, just truth
oh man, he is dead on! chuck has always been... something, but these last couple months have just been ridiculous.
sorry fellas

20s are for posers

18s get much better traction and weigh less
if anything, 18s are for posers. there's a reason real drag cars run 15s out back and most road racers run 17s(LMPs run 20s to fit over the gigantic rotors).
if weight was a concern, ford wouldn't have made the 07-09 18s so ridiculously heavy.
if traction was really a concern to ford, they wouldn't have upgraded the '10s to 19s and the '11 SVTPP to 20s in the rear.

if YOU really cared about performance - AND WEREN'T A POSER - you would have a set of carbon fiber dymags, not the heavy ass wheels that are on there now. if YOU really cared about weight, you wouldn't have gotten a car that weighs 3,900lbs.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Wow.. Is this what you guys do over here?

3 Indisputable Truths:

#1. Large wheels are to clear large brakes, larger diameters gives more brake torque. It's a leverage thing.

#2.Large wheels are also the automotive fashion rage.

Like it or not those are the 2 main reasons why these things have gotten so big.

#3.Another reason is the designers can make a car only slightly smaller than a CROWN VIC look much smaller with extra large wheels.

Hello Camaro, Challenger and 05 and up Mustang(to a much lesser degree)

A lot of 03/04 Cobra guys don't like the new body, I'm not one of them, I think they look awesome! Just a little on the large side.

The base 2011 Mustangs are both freaking serious machines, the GT500s are without peer.:beer::rockon:

Carry on gentlemen, be civil, we are on the same team.:beer:

hollowch

Mr. The Squirrel
Established Member
oh man, he is dead on! chuck has always been... something, but these last couple months have just been ridiculous.

if anything, 18s are for posers. there's a reason real drag cars run 15s out back and most road racers run 17s(LMPs run 20s to fit over the gigantic rotors).
if weight was a concern, ford wouldn't have made the 07-09 18s so ridiculously heavy.
if traction was really a concern to ford, they wouldn't have upgraded the '10s to 19s and the '11 SVTPP to 20s in the rear.

if YOU really cared about performance - AND WEREN'T A POSER - you would have a set of carbon fiber dymags, not the heavy ass wheels that are on there now. if YOU really cared about weight, you wouldn't have gotten a car that weighs 3,900lbs.

For the WIN! :burn:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Wow.. Is this what you guys do over here?

3 Indisputable Truths:

#1. Large wheels are to clear large brakes, larger diameters gives more brake torque. It's a leverage thing.

#2.Large wheels are also the automotive fashion rage.

Like it or not those are the 2 main reasons why these things have gotten so big.

#3.Another reason is the designers can make a car only slightly smaller than a CROWN VIC look much smaller with extra large wheels.

Hello Camaro, Challenger and 05 and up Mustang(to a much lesser degree)

A lot of 03/04 Cobra guys don't like the new body, I'm not one of them, I think they look awesome! Just a little on the large side.

The base 2011 Mustangs are both freaking serious machines, the GT500s are without peer.:beer::rockon:

Carry on gentlemen, be civil, we are on the same team.:beer:

buzz_killington-191x300.jpg

Don't come in and kill the bickering; hahahaha. What do you think you're doing coming in here with some factual tech statements like that :lol::lol:

:beer:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
There is definitely more to life in a GT500 than just straight line performance.....

WOW!!! I can't believe it!!! 20's!!!:banana:

But, the uninformed say that 20's don't handle?? Looks like the 20's are doing great!! But of course, they look sooooo Dubish and Gay on this Super Snake, don't they?

Super Snake passes them all at Buttomwillow - Team Shelby

If we are talkng true "old school", 16"-up are DUBish. Heck 18's are "new school". When did they first appear on a Mustang, 10 years ago, that's young, nothing "old school" about that.

As we have seen, 20's can handle, even those little Pirelli P Zero's on that Super Snake, but I believe it comes down to taste, some like more tire sidewall included in their tire/wheel look, some like more wheel and less sidewall. Tires ain't pretty, in fact they are pretty ugly.

R

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
The only reason you see 20s on any cars at all right now is because it is the new fad

There is zero other reasons. LMAO at the brake comment. There is no brake kit available for the Mustang that requires a 20" wheel

The KR comes with 18s not 20s for a reason and cost cutting was not one of them. It would have been far cheaper to use an already produced 20" alcoa vs creating a new 18" version built in extremely low numbers. Remember you can not buy the 18" alcoas like you can the 20"s from the scott drake catalog special.

The 16" can not happen because they would be shit on a road course. 18" is the best overall size for both street, road course and drag strip.

Read the new article by MMFF in regards to the stage 3 with 20s vs 18s

18s get more bite off the line and better traction. More side wall, IT IS NOT THAT COMPLICATED TO FIGURE OUT

If you like the look of a 20", awsome, but thats not the argument so don't get stuck on the dubish and poser remarks.

I personlly can't wait until 22s are standard, then well be really rollinn out

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
chuck, your reading comprehension sucks. please, reread my post, then reread it again, and then have someone else read it to you. do you even know WTF "LMP" means???

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
The only reason you see 20s on any cars at all right now is because it is the new fad

There is zero other reasons. LMAO at the brake comment. There is no brake kit available for the Mustang that requires a 20" wheel

The KR comes with 18s not 20s for a reason and cost cutting was not one of them. It would have been far cheaper to use an already produced 20" alcoa vs creating a new 18" version built in extremely low numbers. Remember you can not buy the 18" alcoas like you can the 20"s from the scott drake catalog special.

The 16" can not happen because they would be shit on a road course. 18" is the best overall size for both street, road course and drag strip.

Read the new article by MMFF in regards to the stage 3 with 20s vs 18s

18s get more bite off the line and better traction. More side wall, IT IS NOT THAT COMPLICATED TO FIGURE OUT

If you like the look of a 20", awsome, but thats not the argument so don't get stuck on the dubish and poser remarks.

I personlly can't wait until 22s are standard, then well be really rollinn out

Chuck - One thing to add to all of the uninformed "Poser", "DUB" and "Gayish" comments in this thread..........

Yes, a larger wheel does look better than a black rubber tire, so if that means it is a poser, then that discription is legit, BUT the sport and specialty car manufacturers (all of them) are in business to sell their performance cars, yes posing is nice, but $$$ are the bottom line. If all of these factory built performance cars are for some strange reason being built with larger wheel combo's there may be a reason, because they are faster than the competition and last years model, maybe? In addition to looking good, the number 1 goal is to be faster than the competition when the magazine hits the news stand, if they are slower, the press (and buyers take notice). <<<When I say faster, that means faster in all ways including rights and lefts. As all of the current performance car offerings are getting stronger, they are also going faster and handling better............but that goes against "the larger wheel is not as good theory", how can this be??? since it is the tire that makes this all happen (or not). Where the rubber meets the road..........literally. :thumbsup:

As a note to this^^^^^^. If straight line performance was the only goal, the car sales of that specific car would suffer. I believe through extensive testing, far beyond MM&FF or any other isolated magazine tests, the auto manufacturers have found that an all around better performance tire wheel combo is with a larger wheel, and since it has now been established (even by one poster in this thread) that his 20" (with tire) is the same as, or lighter than his 18" (with tire), the whole "heavier on each corner thing" (spinning mass) is quickly debunked when comparing same width and diameter 18" vs. 20".

I agree that some cars don't look right with larger wheels. I have seen larger wheels 21's, 22's on Mustangs, they look out of proportion to the car and the wheel well. Larger, even for posing purposes is not always better. If you have to jack the car up to get "larger" underneath, it definitley is not better. On this note, if Ford were to open up the wheel wells even futher in future Mustang models then 20's "could" look small if we are comparing "poses". <<<At that point we will be discussing how good the "old school" 20's looked and performed. :D

R

Last edited:

R1Lello

Established Member
Chuck - the guy that knows very little mechanically, if fact I believe can't do anything on his own car based on past reads, Chuck, the guy that has every known problem that's happened to a GT500, Chuck, the guy that hates his car, Chuck, the guy that paid 10k premium and is angry, Chuck, the guy whose delivery got screwed, Chuck, the guy that has considered selling (but can't) and considered vettes, roush, etc.........Chuck, WE ALL KNOW, EVERYTHING YOU POST ON FORUMS TECHNICALLY IS NOTHING BUT A COPY OF SOMETHING YOU READ ON ANOTHER FORUM. DOESN'T COME FROM YOUR KNOWLEDGE THAT'S FOR SURE

All truth, Carry on !!!

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Does one qualify for even more benefits if he is both Dubish and gay?

:??:

"Government benefits" of course. Stay tuned, they will be voted on, and past, in the next few weeks!!

Hope and Change we can believe in.......

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Chuck - the guy that knows very little mechanically, if fact I believe can't do anything on his own car based on past reads, Chuck, the guy that has every known problem that's happened to a GT500, Chuck, the guy that hates his car, Chuck, the guy that paid 10k premium and is angry, Chuck, the guy whose delivery got screwed, Chuck, the guy that has considered selling (but can't) and considered vettes, roush, etc.........Chuck, WE ALL KNOW, EVERYTHING YOU POST ON FORUMS TECHNICALLY IS NOTHING BUT A COPY OF SOMETHING YOU READ ON ANOTHER FORUM. DOESN'T COME FROM YOUR KNOWLEDGE THAT'S FOR SURE

All truth, Carry on !!!

All I can say is...............................WOW!!

:pop:

I have had "spirited" discussions on this forum in which Chuck (and others) have been a part of, but those comments above, again..............WOW!!

again..........:pop:

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
^^^^

Fine, I'll take it all back. sorry Chuck, cheers !!!

That was pretty cool, you were able to.................:burn::xpl: and take it all back within a couple of posts, but we know how you really feel!! :-D

Sometimes it does one good to...........oh never mind, that is for a different forum......

R

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread