Can anyone tell me why the 2011 has 20s out back and 19s up front?

James Rodriguez

Established Member
Can anyone tell me why the 2011 GT-500 has 20s out back and 19s up front? What is the reason for not going 20s all around? Weight?

Dave07997S

Established Member
Can anyone tell me why the 2011 GT-500 has 20s out back and 19s up front? What is the reason for not going 20s all around? Weight?

They just should have stayed with 19's all around but to be honest I think they did it for marketing to justify people stepping up to the SVT PP.

Dave

93sspcoupe

Established Member
trying to make it sell better i suppose. i hate 20s on a mustang, but on the 05 mustangs they look pretty good

chuckstang

Established Member
wow, shocked no one came up with the real answer yet

more tire options with 20s!

Also, 20s on all 4s looks very DUBish and gay

19s and 20s is following what vette and viper and many other sports cars

it looks awsome

personally I prefer 18s all around

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
100% looks. not enough sidewall left on the tire to get an improved launch(vs the standard wheels), and much more wheel than necessary for the handling stuff. love the wheels, hate the 20s in the back. 18s look a little small, and 20s look a little big on the S197s, 19s are perfect.

bpmurr

Established Member
I really like the 19's all the way around like on my 2010. I wish they would have gone with a wider rear wheel. If they offered the standard 19" GT500 wheel in 19x10.5 or 11 I'd be all over it.

AlanSVT

Established Member
HELL I just wish we had more tire options for 19s....... So for that reason I want to go to either a 18 or a 20....

Alan

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
The truth is we are all performance drivers. Everyone benefits from performance tires. They are safer, stop better, react quicker, steer better and stand less of a chance blowing out on the highway at high speeds. They react and work much better with modern big brake ABS systems and today's sensitive steering and suspension systems. Get use to it. 19 and 20 are here to stay. Especially on cars that will run 180+ with tune and pulley. Because at that speed your only running on a contact patch of about 1 1/2 square feet. So you need a tire that doesn't grow much.

Dave07997S

Established Member
There are a lot of good tires available in 19" sizes from a multitude of manafacturers. Its when you want to run a drag radial that you start having issues in 19's. Although I bet this will soon change as more and more cars are running 19s.

A set of Nitton Invos in a 325/30/19 on a 11'" wide rim would be sweet. Also you can run Toyo R888's in a 305/30/19 which are 26.5" tall would also fit the bill pretty well.

Last edited:

R1Lello

Established Member
wow, shocked no one came up with the real answer yet

more tire options with 20s!

Also, 20s on all 4s looks very DUBish and gay

19s and 20s is following what vette and viper and many other sports cars

it looks awsome

personally I prefer 18s all around

SO, my car is DUBish..........I bet most here will agree coming from you it means very little. :dw:

chuckstang

Established Member
SO, my car is DUBish..........I bet most here will agree coming from you it means very little. :dw:

20s are for trucks and gangstas

Most of the sports cars I have seen with 20s on all 4s looks a bit ridiculous.

As stated 19s fit the bill perfect but Im old school, 18s is great and millions of tire choices.

Its just an opinion, sheesh.

I think your car looks great, didnt even know it had 20s. relax :beer:

IMO a muscle car looks better with more of a tire sidewall, save the rubber band tires for the civics and lambos

My opinions are valuable because I tell it exactly how it is and don't give hoot whos feelings I hurt in the process. Hey at least you know that the few things I approve of, must be really something, since they are so far and few between :coolman:

Now wheres that good ol flame suit hiding

carry on

wojowojo16

Established Member
20s are for trucks and gangstas

Most of the sports cars I have seen with 20s on all 4s looks a bit ridiculous.

As stated 19s fit the bill perfect but Im old school, 18s is great and millions of tire choices.

Its just an opinion, sheesh.

I think your car looks great, didnt even know it had 20s. relax :beer:

IMO a muscle car looks better with more of a tire sidewall, save the rubber band tires for the civics and lambos

My opinions are valuable because I tell it exactly how it is and don't give hoot whos feelings I hurt in the process. Hey at least you know that the few things I approve of, must be really something, since they are so far and few between :coolman:

Now wheres that good ol flame suit hiding

carry on

I don't know you, but every time I come into the gt500, I can't read a mother F'n thread without you posting your infiinate wisdom in it..

From the last 10 threads I've read here's what I've gathered:

Your a 20 something kid who bought a car he can't afford, spent way to much money trying to make it better, isn't happy no matter what, and won't shut the hell up...

You make my head hurt.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I don't know you, but every time I come into the gt500, I can't read a mother F'n thread without you posting your infiinate wisdom in it..

You make my head hurt.

:thumbsup:

You can always you the ignore feature - my list grows daily. :beer:

chuckstang

Established Member

From the last 10 threads I've read here's what I've gathered:

Your a 20 something kid who bought a car he can't afford, spent way to much money trying to make it better, isn't happy no matter what, and won't shut the hell up...

You make my head hurt.

:lol1:

You do know DUBs magazine, the concept was based on 20" wheels when it came out. So what is not true.

Take your POS outa here cry to someone who cares :eek:

You obviously know so much about me, the only thing you know is I own a better car than you

:lol:

R1Lello

Established Member
Hmmmm...........^^^you sure Chuck?? Gee, all the complaining you've done, is yours really better?? Hate to say but evasive is right on the money. Sorry, just truth

jaystang

Established Member
20's for trucks and gangstas...come on...really? :loser:

Here's to all the trucks and gangstas!!!

P1000112-1.gif

P1000108.gif

:rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread