cammed mach 1 kooks Headers GAIN!

96gt02

Established Member
Highway pull would be tight, this mach would kill in a dig though

waketek516

Pedal to the Metal
Established Member
Going to be dropping a Mach1 motor in my car - glad to see you could put down that kind of NA power! What cams are you running?

Can't wait for the idle video!

mr-proper

Established Member
Going to be dropping a Mach1 motor in my car - glad to see you could put down that kind of NA power! What cams are you running?

Can't wait for the idle video!

Custom bullet cams spec'd by todd warren (na svt) about 2 1/2 years ago. Stock valve spring and lift of .425 , if I remember correctly.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
1. Car looks sexy AF. Not a fan of the louvers, but your car pulls them well.
2. Car sounds great, of course, to be expected from a modular. Definitely need a idle vid.
3. I wouldn't get caught up on dyno figures. I do not see a 4.6L gaining gaining 40rwhp /30rwtq from some headers, cat delete pipes, and new wheels. That doesnt happen on a 7.0L.

Nevertheless, thats a badass car.

Dave_6

Established Member
Badass Mach! Got Kooks headers and exhaust on my car and it's high quality stuff. Still love to have a Mach for a daily driver.

mr-proper

Established Member
1. Car looks sexy AF. Not a fan of the louvers, but your car pulls them well.
2. Car sounds great, of course, to be expected from a modular. Definitely need a idle vid.
3. I wouldn't get caught up on dyno figures. I do not see a 4.6L gaining gaining 40rwhp /30rwtq from some headers, cat delete pipes, and new wheels. That doesnt happen on a 7.0L.

Nevertheless, thats a badass car.

Thanks! Love your camaro. Looks great

I have seen many corvettes and camaro gain over 100hp with headers and cams on a ls3.
The car pulls hard and pulled on a bolt on ls3 fifth gen Camaro before the header swap and it pulls even harder now.
Hell even g8 gt gain over 35rwhp with just headers and a offroad xpipe with the stock cam on a 6.0L

Before the header swap it, the car felt like it was choked down around 5000+rpm. Not anymore, it pulls hard all the way to 6500rpm.

Trust me, I was surprised and my tuner too!

Lets jusy put this way, my custom cams and exhaust combo are meant to be together.lol

mr-proper

Established Member
Badass Mach! Got Kooks headers and exhaust on my car and it's high quality stuff. Still love to have a Mach for a daily driver.

Yea, i don't wanna drive my mach 1 daily. Haha
Its just show/street car. Stays in the garage most of the time. Yes, kooks headers are great quality

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks! Love your camaro. Looks great

I have seen many corvettes and camaro gain over 100hp with headers and cams on a ls3.
The car pulls hard and pulled on a bolt on ls3 fifth gen Camaro before the header swap and it pulls even harder now.
Hell even g8 gt gain over 35rwhp with just headers and a offroad xpipe with the stock cam on a 6.0L

Before the header swap it, the car felt like it was choked down around 5000+rpm. Not anymore, it pulls hard all the way to 6500rpm.

Trust me, I was surprised and my tuner too!

Lets jusy put this way, my custom cams and exhaust combo are meant to be together.lol

Thanks man. I hear you, no doubt your car pulls strong. I can definitelly see it pulling some LS3 or 5.0 cars.

All I am saying is that headers wont net you the 40+ rwhp that the dyno is showing.

Not even on my car (LS3) Not even on a Z06 (LS7). Regardless, im sure the car is a blast.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice gains! I love your Mustang, including the side louvers. They're different from others I've seen, which is why I think I like them. Sounds awesome, too. Just a darn sweet looking/sounding Mustang.

Users who are viewing this thread