Cammed idle tune or not?

GT915

Established Member
I just got a GT500 axle back and a BBR SS O/R X pipe. I will be purchasing a SCT tuner and, after reading many threads on the subject, have decided on an AED tune. I really like the way the cammed idle tune sounds but am not sure if it'll be a pain in the ass to live with. Will there be a big sacrifice in drivability? I'm hoping to hear from those with cammed tunes and if they regret getting it. Thanks in advance.

GT915

Established Member
BTW...I read through countless pages of threads dealing with number 8 failures and people bashing tuners other than their own. I don't mind admitting that this whole thing makes me a bit nervous, but sometimes ya gotta say **** it and go for it. I didn't buy this car to leave it stock.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
I ran the lope idle tune from AED for about a year with no issues. Gas mileage was good and street manners were good. I really miss it. Need to talk to Shaun about lope idle with the Paxton.

pohnjarker

Established Member
i had the lope idle tune from AED for a month or two. car randomly died a couple times when i'd push in the clutch to coast to a red light and gas mileage went down as well.

not that I cared about the gas mileage or really the car dying personally...but with the wife/kid driving it, i didnt want to chance it.

Chaney5.0

Personally, it makes you a poser. Stupidest crap ever. If you want a cam, get a cam. It is almost ricer. Sounds cool sure, but does NOTHING.

Laztug

Established Member
Get the tune you will love it!

I switch from aed performance to aed idle lope as I please.
Drivability on the idle lope tune is amazingly tame. I am currently using the idle lope tune and enjoy every minute of it.

dead man walkin

Established Member
Please post a vid of how your car sounds. Im looking to go the same exhaust route. I ran the steeda cam tune.. i wont use another steeda tune again. Im thinking of trying the bama tune

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
she's gonna be loud. had to take my gt500 ab's off after deleting the cats.

jaywoo

Soooo Boss
Established Member
I have the AED cam tune but don't run it very often. Shakes the car at stop lights and you get a very gassey smell. It's a novelty at best but does sound cool.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
Personally, it makes you a poser. Stupidest crap ever. If you want a cam, get a cam. It is almost ricer. Sounds cool sure, but does NOTHING.

Real cams don't give our cars lope. There was a thread of a guy who got stage 3 cams and has no lope. So...to each their own.

I personally love my lope tune. Sounds bad ass with cutouts! The car shakes a little just like having a cammed car would, and I couldn't find any drive-ability difference.

Deranged2013

Established Member
BTW...I read through countless pages of threads dealing with number 8 failures and people bashing tuners other than their own. I don't mind admitting that this whole thing makes me a bit nervous, but sometimes ya gotta say **** it and go for it. I didn't buy this car to leave it stock.

That's the spirit!:rockon:

03Cobra1979

Established Member
I have the AED lope tune with only the Outlaw Axle Back and I think it sounds badass. I have not had any gas smell or stalling issues. Driveability is the same. I don't run it all the time though. I usually only run it on the weekend if I am going to a car meet or something so I can be a ricer, poser, wannabe.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member

Your black AMR wheels and black trim also do nothing for your performance but you do it because you like it and it looks good. Same with OP, he wants to do it because it sounds good. Not everything has to be about performance. Always cracks me up when someone says "that adds no horsepower id never waste money on that.." yet have thousands of dollars of visual bs on their car.

BadHabit2Break

Established Member
I have the AED cam tune as well. Its cool to show it off, but DD it would be a pain in my Auto.

[youtube_browser]CdvluEcDQU0[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
In my opinion, I think the cam tunes are abit silly. Yeah, sitting at idle it sounds cool, but as soon as you touch the throttle the novelty cam sound goes away which does not happen with a car with a real lopey cam. The cam tunes do shake the car and dumps fuel like crazy causing fumes/smell if you run O/R pipes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread