Cammed idle tune or not?

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Maybe it's just the video quality and not having heard one in person, but to me it seems like all cam tunes sound more like a vacuum line missing than a cam. It's more of a miss sound than a pop/lope. Again, never heard one in person though.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
This is about as poseur as Fake Blow Off Valve Honda Civic - YouTube

You are now officially the domestic version of rice. Corn.

So you have never put a set of mufflers on a car because it sounds better? Or set of wheels because it looks better?

Nothing different with a lope tune. People change midpipes/catbacks all the time based on sound over performance. You're an idiot.

DerekDTP!

Established Member
So you have never put a set of mufflers on a car because it sounds better? Or set of wheels because it looks better?

Nothing different with a lope tune. People change midpipes/catbacks all the time based on sound over performance. You're an idiot.

Qtft

GT915

Established Member
Personally, it makes you a poser. Stupidest crap ever. If you want a cam, get a cam. It is almost ricer. Sounds cool sure, but does NOTHING.
A tune offers a significant performance advantage, I just wanted one that sounded cool while idling. I realize that it probably doesn't add as much power as your "custom tinted" brake light and marker does, but that's the way it goes.

Deranged2013

Established Member
The Cam tune has the same performance as the standard performance tune, just sounds cooler at idle. If you like the way it sounds OP, get it. Everyone has their own opinion and if it's going on your car, your opinion is the only one that matters. I have the cam tune and like it. I run the Drag tune 99% of the time but it's still cool to have the cam tune to run occasionally.

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member

Each his/her own...but there is a difference between changing mufflers, mid-pipes that give you a different sound because you've ACTUALLY changed the part out....and adjusting your tune for no other purpose but to make your car SOUND as if you have cams. Same thing with the BOV....

So, I don't know if I would say someone is an idiot for not liking it.

Its your car, if you want a lope tune, great. But you're literally faking that you have a cam. Cool you like the sound, but you don't have the part....not what I would do, but whatever.

LightningSquid

Established Member

Wheels, exhausts, tunes, intakes... yeah I've changed them all out, but when I did those things it was an actual change, not something fake.. You may find it subjective but I lump 'cam idle' tunes in with weaksauce wal-mart spinners and ricer BOV speakers. The OP stated he wants to mod, my .02 is actually cam it out. Don't front like you have something when you really don't imo. But if I'm an idiot for that, roger that buddy.
2139%20-%20breakfast%20whistle_tips%20woo.jpg

Clown shoes.

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i have a very large lope, although a small duration on the 2011

the lope of my boss with the cam / lope tune, sounds much lopier than the gt.

my buddy who is an x275 outlaw racer works 2 blocks from me.

he heard the boss and commented on how great the cams sounded in it.

he couldn't believe it when i told him that there were not cams in it.

when we do a performance tune we give you a 2nd cam lope tune at no charge

so, you get incredible sound out of the car at no cost, vs paying for sound

ViciousJay

Established Member
so the guys hating understand ford put aggressive cams in and tuned them to be quiet... ya haters can hate

acrbill

Established Member
I have the AED lope tune on my auto car and I love it. I am running an OR/H with Hushpowers so it is pretty loud. There is a local guy with a camming 3v and our cars sound so similar he is pissed he had to spend a few thousand on cams, install and headers. LOL

Fear the 5

Established Member
I have the Bama ghost cam on my race tune. Gas mileage does take a hit when driving around town, but highway mileage is the same. I think it sounds freaking cool. I won't get a real cam until I am pushing some real high horsepower. I can't justify $2k for only 30-40 hp (comp cam stage 2 numbers).

Who cares if it's a fake cam? It's your car, you do what YOU like. And who's going to know it's fake anyways?

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
so the guys hating understand ford put aggressive cams in and tuned them to be quiet... ya haters can hate

Isn't that the same thing the guy rolling around on 26" wheels says when people say they don't like the look?

"hater" is one of the dumbest and over used terms I've heard in my life. Someone doesn't like something I do....ah they're just a hater. God forbid someone have different taste than you....lol.

And I agree with the last post. It IS your car, do what you want...but...don't get upset when someone doesn't like the idea, especially when the title of the post was asking if they should get it or not.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Who cares if it's a fake cam? It's your car, you do what YOU like. And who's going to know it's fake anyways?

Everyone knows the moment you touch the gas when it's not idling any longer. The lumpy cam noise goes away the moment you touch the accelerator which does not happen with a "real" lumpy cam. If you like it, then roll with it. But to me, it's silly. It reminds me of when these lil ricers run around with big fart cans and a huge tach on the dash with their astounding 90hp. lol

Isn't that the same thing the guy rolling around on 26" wheels says when people say they don't like the look?

"hater" is one of the dumbest and over used terms I've heard in my life. Someone doesn't like something I do....ah they're just a hater. God forbid someone have different taste than you....lol.

And I agree with the last post. It IS your car, do what you want...but...don't get upset when someone doesn't like the idea, especially when the title of the post was asking if they should get it or not.

Very well said.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread