Cage up-grade/taking some weight out

BlackStripes

Established Member
Impressive!!! Really impressive!

I always wanted to ask... i am here trying to find the perfect solution for a splitter that i can take on/off ... in your case, when you drive on the trailer, do you think you will have issues with clearance? Are you going to take the whole front bumper off to get the car on the trailer?

racer

Established Member
Impressive!!! Really impressive!

I always wanted to ask... i am here trying to find the perfect solution for a splitter that i can take on/off ... in your case, when you drive on the trailer, do you think you will have issues with clearance? Are you going to take the whole front bumper off to get the car on the trailer?

I have to be careful when driving it on and of the trailer but it just clears. In the future I will have the splitter removal with Zeus fasteners as I'm sure I'll go off and break it.

BlackStripes

Established Member
I have to be careful when driving it on and of the trailer but it just clears. In the future I will have the splitter removal with Zeus fasteners as I'm sure I'll go off and break it.

:) .. that's why i dont want to spend a lot of money in a fancy splitter.. i know its not going to be there forever.... if my statistics are ok, i go off once a year :D . Not sure if i am seeing this correctly... but is your splitter a different part than the front bumper?

racer

Established Member
:) .. that's why i dont want to spend a lot of money in a fancy splitter.. i know its not going to be there forever.... if my statistics are ok, i go off once a year :D . Not sure if i am seeing this correctly... but is your splitter a different part than the front bumper?

No it's molded to the front bumper, the next on will be removable tho.

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
Declan,
I met dick at the track yesterday. He was telling me about the progress on your car, seems to be know what he's talking about . Really nice guy but he can't drive for shit. Wants to be a ai driver but he needs alot more track time.

racer

Established Member
LOL. If you think he is bad you havent seen me yet :beer:

Talked to him today, he said he had a lot of fun.

Last edited:

MantisManBHP

Established Member

racebronco2

Established Member
I told rick i was going to say that. lol. That was the most fun i had in months but the gas that was coming out of his overflow tube causing my car to understeer a little. We were running in the low 140's. I can run consistant 139's but not on the junky tires i had. I use my better tires ( if you can call them that ) for the timed events or for the zo6 owners whom talk bs about mustangs.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Very nice work!

What exactly are the bars that go all the way to the back of the car supporting?

I'm also curious if all the bars are the same diameter and wall thickness? If not that cage is carrying around ALOT of extra unnecessary weight.

Last edited:

racer

Established Member
Very nice work!

What exactly are the bars that go all the way to the back of the car supporting?

I'm also curious if all the bars are the same diameter and wall thickness? If not that cage is carrying around ALOT of extra unnecessary weight.

Which bars? The diagonals to the shock towers or the kickers.
The bars are the same dia but different thickness in places. The cage actually weighed pretty light when we pulled it and weighted it. ;-)

Now could I have saved a little weight by not adding the center windshield bar and by doing x bars at the passenger seat, sure. But I plan on running this thing in some different events where I may need a little more protection.
I figure the cage may make up for my lack of talent. :beer:

Last edited:

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Sorry, I should have included the picture. I'm looking at the second set of bars going to the back of the vehicle. As your suspension pickup points are all forward of this point I'm trying to understand what the purpose of these parts would be.

img4727ck8.th.jpg

How much did the bar end up weighing?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread