Cage up-grade/taking some weight out

racer

Established Member
Hey fella's, I finally decided to get the new cage in as well as take a bunch of weight out of the car. The guys got started last week, we are also making some changes to the oiling system for the turbos as well as a few more up-grades. I figured I'd post some pictures as we go. Any and all comments are welcome.

[img=http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/442/aix8uv1.th.jpg]
[img=http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/8948/aix6ji5.th.jpg]
[img=http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9688/aix4yf9.th.jpg]
[img=http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6137/aix2jv8.th.jpg]
[img=http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/4219/aix1xc0.th.jpg]

wheelhopper

Established Member
How much weight did you save by removing the roof?:poke:

If I took my car apart to that extent, I would not be driving for a couple years.

racebronco2

Established Member
Declin,
You have been busy:rockon:. I guess i need to take back half the things i said about you.

Usually they cut the roof off to install the cage.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Are you going Lexan besides the windshield?
I take it this is a track only toy at this point, possibly has been for a while?
Who makes that front bumper cover/splitter? How much does it weigh?

I see you are running an SOHC, that I'm sure, helps a Turbo in the low end torque department.

What is your target weight?

Aren't you glad you got the agent 47 front suspension before the big price increase?:banana:

When do you think you are going to get it done?
I know Carlos has been bustin your chops about coming out to more events.:poke:
I do understand though that the fire was a pretty serious set back. I'm sorry if it seemed I came across harsh there.

It's a GREAT PROJECT that I have enjoyed reading about and following.

I'm looking forward to some vicarious Cali track action through watching your upcoming vids.

EDIT: If you ever get a chance, I'm very curious what the distance is from the centerline of the waterpump hub to the underside of the hood.(straight up)
I wonder if that Tiger Racing hood would fit on a Terminator with a Whipple and a 3.50" pulley.
I'm still toying with ideas for cooling air flow changes that are semi affordable.

Last edited:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Cool. More people should drive verts. :thumbsup:

I like the pic of the motor and front suspension. Just looks hairy.
Looks ambitious. Good luck with the project.

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
Car looks great man.

I had a chance to go out to Vegas last year and remember getting googly eyed at it.

Shall it make a return this year? If so, I look forward to seeing it, I just got my badge in the mail yesterday.

racer

Established Member
How much weight did you save by removing the roof?:poke:

Not enough :thumbsup: The roof has been CF for a while and I cut away most of the support structure.

Declin,
You have been busy:rockon:. I guess i need to take back half the things i said about you.

Only half?

Are you going Lexan besides the windshield?
I take it this is a track only toy at this point, possibly has been for a while?
Who makes that front bumper cover/splitter? How much does it weigh?

I'll keep the front windshield and go Lexan in the rear. It used to weigh 3291 lb's with the novi 2K and side windows/old cage in it. Sub 3k would be nice until I build a motor with an alum block.

The front bumper is a stock 03/04 Cobra with the fiberglass Tiger racing splitter molded to it. I'll weigh if for you next time I'm at the shop.

I see you are running an SOHC, that I'm sure, helps a Turbo in the low end torque department.

It make good power but I'll need to go to taller gears (running 4:10"s now)

Aren't you glad you got the agent 47 front suspension before the big price increase?:banana:

For sure. :beer:

When do you think you are going to get it done?

4-5 weeks hopefully

EDIT: If you ever get a chance, I'm very curious what the distance is from the centerline of the waterpump hub to the underside of the hood.(straight up)

When we get the motor in I'll measure it for you.

Car looks great man.

I had a chance to go out to Vegas last year and remember getting googly eyed at it.

Shall it make a return this year? If so, I look forward to seeing it, I just got my badge in the mail yesterday.

Thanks
Not sure about this year, I hope to be flogging it on a track somewhere.

rockthemullet

Established Member
Very nice work, I'm loving the SLA!

What was this originally, a v6 or GT car?

Also, was the center bar down the windshield and the web on the main hoop really necessarily/do you feel it makes a considerable difference?

~Eric

racer

Established Member
Who makes that front bumper cover/splitter? How much does it weigh

Jimmy
The bumper and splitter weight 21.5 lb's.

racer

Established Member
Very nice work, I'm loving the SLA!

What was this originally, a v6 or GT car?

Also, was the center bar down the windshield and the web on the main hoop really necessarily/do you feel it makes a considerable difference?

~Eric

It started life as a GT.
As for the center bar and the web, Richard (Atomic motorsports) told me they are going in and thats pretty much it :beer:
We started to lay out the new seat position and steering height today, I was surprised how much room there is inside with the new door bar layout.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread