Cage up-grade/taking some weight out

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
One thing I don't understand is why the turbos? You can get an aluminum 408ci with some wicked heads to get an excellent endurance engine with 600+hp. I see a lot of money done to everything except the engine, which is great, but the more parts the engine has to deal with, the more likely something is going to break, hence the classic big displacment pushrod comes in handy. I absolutely love the car though, its nice to see some quality work done and can't wait for videos.

Nice work.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
if you are shooting for sub 3k weight, you won't qualify for AIX. Unless I misread the rules.

racer

Established Member
One thing I don't understand is why the turbos? You can get an aluminum 408ci with some wicked heads to get an excellent endurance engine with 600+hp. I see a lot of money done to everything except the engine, which is great, but the more parts the engine has to deal with, the more likely something is going to break, hence the classic big displacment pushrod comes in handy. I absolutely love the car though, its nice to see some quality work done and can't wait for videos.

Nice work.

Thanks.
I went the remote turbo route because I just wanted wanted to try it after I got rid of the supercharger, I agree that you can get decent hp with a nasty N/A lump but I was looking for bit more.
600+hp will be under powered compared with the current crop of AIX cars being built.
The engine has been gone through pretty well as regards forged/balanced/ported etc and works pretty as far as I can tell, the new lump will have a aluminum block with a dry sump set-up which will save a few pounds off the front.

Thanks again for the compliments

Declan

Last edited:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Making a little more progress

rear4.jpg

I got chills when I saw this pic, what a rear!!! :coolman:

Very nice work!!!!!!!

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
LOL!!! Do you have anymore pics of the rear diffuser? Your build is awesome and Ive been following it all along. Cant wait to see vids of the car on track. Should be a beast!

racer

Established Member
LOL!!! Do you have anymore pics of the rear diffuser? Your build is awesome and Ive been following it all along. Cant wait to see vids of the car on track. Should be a beast!

I do but the car builder does not want me to post for obvious reasons. If you think the rear is cool you should see what he has done to the front. :banana:

I'll post more pic's as the car nears completion.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Bruce, you building a new AIX car?

Well, if you want a technical answer I would have to say no. This car is most definitely relegeted to AIX if and when I race it in a NASA sanctioned event, but that is not the sole purpose of the car.

The sole purpose of the car is for me to have a boat load of fun and spank a crap load of Z06's like a bunch of redheaded stepchildren. :dancenana:

racer

Established Member
Well, if you want a technical answer I would have to say no. This car is most definitely relegeted to AIX if and when I race it in a NASA sanctioned event, but that is not the sole purpose of the car.

The sole purpose of the car is for me to have a boat load of fun and spank a crap load of Z06's like a bunch of redheaded stepchildren. :dancenana:

Sounds good to me, best of luck with the build.

Users who are viewing this thread