C8Z06 vs Ford GT

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
So Ford can’t build this car for less than 500k? But GM can build the mid engine vette for 70k? I guess this says a lot about Ford. Also I would never buy a eco boost super car. Ever. For that price I would buy a Ferrari or Lambo all day. I get it tho, the 5 people that got this car not named John Cena love it. The rest simp for it because of brand loyalty I guess. Either way it’s a huge let down to actual Ford customers.

And for $70k that Vette comes nowhere near matching the performance level of the GT. You'll be spending closer to $200k right now for a Z to even come close to matching an 8 year old car, yet as shown, it's still not as fast or as engaging as the GT is.

Ford built the GT specifically to win LeMans for the 50th anniversary, and the car had to be homoligated to compete so it had to be sold on the market. A competitive racecar that's going to accomplish their goal is already going to be expensive, it always is. You keep thinking they designed it for the public and decided to race it too when it's the opposite. Your own selfish opinions don't allow you to wrap your head around that which is why people argue with you about it. It's equally dumb that you are upset people you don't even know didn't get offered the car the first go around. You don't even like the car because of the Ecoboost so why do you care who got a golden ticket?

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
And for $70k that Vette comes nowhere near matching the performance level of the GT. You'll be spending closer to $200k right now for a Z to even come close to matching an 8 year old car, yet as shown, it's still not as fast or as engaging as the GT is.

Ford built the GT specifically to win LeMans for the 50th anniversary, and the car had to be homoligated to compete so it had to be sold on the market. A competitive racecar that's going to accomplish their goal is already going to be expensive, it always is. You keep thinking they designed it for the public and decided to race it too when it's the opposite. Your own selfish opinions don't allow you to wrap your head around that which is why people argue with you about it. It's equally dumb that you are upset people you don't even know didn't get offered the car the first go around. You don't even like the car because of the Ecoboost so why do you care who got a golden ticket?
What happens when the ZR1 comes out ? How about the Zora? Does Ford even make the GT anymore? Your right, the whole GT program left a huge bad taste in my mouth and I’m not the only Ford customer who thinks that. They want to make a world beater at Lemans? Great! Build the street beater for the rest of us. Build 100k of them as obviously there is a huge market for them. But that’s not what happened. Ford built a car for the rich and famous that no one sees on the road. I bet most people don’t even know it exists.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
What happens when the ZR1 comes out ? How about the Zora? Does Ford even make the GT anymore? Your right, the whole GT program left a huge bad taste in my mouth and I’m not the only Ford customer who thinks that. They want to make a world beater at Lemans? Great! Build the street beater for the rest of us. Build 100k of them as obviously there is a huge market for them. But that’s not what happened. Ford built a car for the rich and famous that no one sees on the road. I bet most people don’t even know it exists.

The GT has always been for the rich and famous. The Mustang is for the rest of us. The Corvette is also for the rich and the Z, ZR1, and the Zora, which has never existed in newer Vettes, is for even richer people. Give it up man.

blk02edge

Established Member
So Ford can’t build this car for less than 500k? But GM can build the mid engine vette for 70k? I guess this says a lot about Ford. Also I would never buy a eco boost super car. Ever. For that price I would buy a Ferrari or Lambo all day. I get it tho, the 5 people that got this car not named John Cena love it. The rest simp for it because of brand loyalty I guess. Either way it’s a huge let down to actual Ford customers.
Go buy a C8Z then... can you even afford one? If not then this is hugely comical.

Also, I dare you to name more than 6 influencers who got a GT.

After year 2.5 ANYONE could buy a new GT. you are one salty MF'er for no reason.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Go buy a C8Z then... can you even afford one? If not then this is hugely comical.

Also, I dare you to name more than 6 influencers who got a GT.

After year 2.5 ANYONE could buy a new GT. you are one salty MF'er for
In response I had an article, all the names and decided just to delete it all. Simps going to simp for this car I get it. Meanwhile it has no relevance what so ever because there are zero in the hands of regular people. In the end it’s a huge nothing burger of a car besides for the rich and famous to show them off in their collections. Also 11.2 is a sad number for a 600k car just saying. Really would like to line up next to one of these things on the street but alas, never going to happen. It’s almost like Ford built a car that doesn’t even exist.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
In response I had an article, all the names and decided just to delete it all. Simps going to simp for this car I get it. Meanwhile it has no relevance what so ever because there are zero in the hands of regular people. In the end it’s a huge nothing burger of a car besides for the rich and famous to show them off in their collections. Also 11.2 is a sad number for a 600k car just saying. Really would like to line up next to one of these things on the street but alas, never going to happen. It’s almost like Ford built a car that doesn’t even exist.

If I had the money, I'd probably take a T.50 over the FGT simply for the driving experience. By your logic, I should be upset that Gordon Murray is selling limited numbers of the T.50 at $2.3mil each instead of making it attainable for people like me. Why does Ferrari and Lamborghini make their cars more attainable for people like me? You're either a troll or so simple-minded that you can't see how ignorant and whiny you sound.

MG0h3

Established Member
Good grief, anyone ever told you you whine a lot? It's baffling to me that someone could whine so much about something that they could never own in the first place. You wanted them to cheapen it? You wanted a plastic interior and aluminum body panels? I bet those one-off molds for the aluminum would be super cheap as well, and people just love Ford's cheap plastic interiors. So instead of the car costing $660k it would then cost $400k or do you think that would really bring it under $100k?

Imagine going out for a beer with him and Corbic. For **** sakes….Id rather have food poisoning.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Imagine going out for a beer with him and Corbic. For **** sakes….Id rather have food poisoning.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

fc6d1e12-5ebf-425e-bc59-7a5f6ae75a6c_text.gif

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
If I had the money, I'd probably take a T.50 over the FGT simply for the driving experience. By your logic, I should be upset that Gordon Murray is selling limited numbers of the T.50 at $2.3mil each instead of making it attainable for people like me. Why does Ferrari and Lamborghini make their cars more attainable for people like me? You're either a troll or so simple-minded that you can't see how ignorant and whiny you sound.
Because Ford isn’t Ferrari or Lamborghini. It’s head is so far up its own ass it thinks building a 300k mustang is a good idea and calling a 4 door electric taxi a Mustang a good idea. Sorry for hurting your feelings.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Because Ford isn’t Ferrari or Lamborghini. It’s head is so far up its own ass it thinks building a 300k mustang is a good idea and calling a 4 door electric taxi a Mustang a good idea. Sorry for hurting your feelings.

So you dictate what a company is and isn't? Got it. Too bad Henry Ford II didn't get that information when he ordered the GT40 be built back in the 60s. What a foolish move for Ford to try and compete with Ferrari of all things.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Toyota built gauge clusters for Ford and the Dodge brothers built engines. They had no place building cars to compete with Ford and GM. Who do they think they are, huh?

blk02edge

Established Member
All I read is you couldn't come up with more than 6 influencers who got a GT purely because they're famous.

This FGT is better than any pile of shit Lamborghini has produced too.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I've seen a few c8 z06s in person. Not attractive at all to me. The pinnacle for me is the c6 zr1.

I've seen a couple as well and it was hard to tell if they were Z06s or not until I could look closer. It's hard to see the distinguishing features at a glance.

Users who are viewing this thread