C8Z06 vs Ford GT

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Throttle House did a better comparison and the FGT was a clear winner in all cases. Matt Watson is a pretty good driver in just about anything he gets into and Camillo didn't really seem to on it. Throttle House had James in the FGT and Thomas in the Z06 as the better driver and he couldn't beat him.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Embarrassingly close for an ultra exclusive exotic vs ma and pa’s sports car.

Ford contracts out another company (multimatic)to build them a halo car vs. the GM trash bin special. :ROFLMAO:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member

Ford contracts out another company (multimatic)to build them a halo car vs. the GM trash bin special. :ROFLMAO:

Valid, but building a one off sports car from the ground up has to be more expensive than a Z06 that shares some components with the “base” Stingray.

I’d rather have the GT 100x over. Actually affording a Z06 is 100x more likely though.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member

I don't think ma and pa are paying 200k for a z06
Screenshot_20231221_162653_Chrome.jpg

blk02edge

Established Member
i didn’t think so either, but the local corvette club is chalked full of dudes in the late 60s/early 70s with these on order. I’m kinda excited to hear one in person if they will actually rev it lol
I've got track time in a C8Z. The sound is honestly, just okay... not great. Car is incredible though.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
i didn’t think so either, but the local corvette club is chalked full of dudes in the late 60s/early 70s with these on order. I’m kinda excited to hear one in person if they will actually rev it lol
I wonder how much over sticker they're paying for them? I've only seen one C8Z in person at a cars and coffee event, he reved it a few times, it sounded like a slightly modified F430.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I wonder how much over sticker they're paying for them? I've only seen one C8Z in person at a cars and coffee event, he reved it a few times, it sounded like a slightly modified F430.
my daughter's grandpa thought he had one at MSRP, then they wanted 30k over when it showed up. that local dealer burned a bridge with the entire club.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Valid, but building a one off sports car from the ground up has to be more expensive than a Z06 that shares some components with the “base” Stingray.

I’d rather have the GT 100x over. Actually affording a Z06 is 100x more likely though.

For the rec, only reason I am a GT hater is because of the way Ford went about the sale and allocation of the vehicle….

These mofockers lost their mind…. They see themselves as Ferrari now… and people ate it up! :ROFLMAO:

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
For the rec, only reason I am a GT hater is because of the way Ford went about the sale and allocation of the vehicle….

These mofockers lost their mind…. They see themselves as Ferrari now… and people ate it up! :ROFLMAO:
i feel like a grumpy old get off my lawn guy looking at ANY ford halo car/top model. bRaptor, raptorR, gt500...really is off putting

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

if I was in any position to grab one I would have done it too, if for no other reason than knowing you can flip it for a hefty profit when the 1 year waiting period is up

Users who are viewing this thread