C&D test drive the new Cobra

00 Aggie

Its just a slow vert...
Established Member
What is surprising is the level of civility that goes with all of this. The GT500 is by definition a muscle car, but it's not one of those remorseless brass bushing brutes that make their owners pay for visceral gratification with a relentless assault on their hearing and skeletal integrity. The 2001 SVT Mustang Cobra R comes to mind.

geniusgeniusgeniusgeniusgeniusgenius

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
nikemason said:
WTF? 12.5?
http://fast-autos.net/ford/fordmystichrome.html
The 2004 Cobra's were 12.6@112.

I guess the weight really does limit this car.
Na not just the weight it's the drivers that do a horrible job driving these cars.
I mean look at some mags getting a 13.9 from a 2004 GTO and a couple years ago HOTROD mag got a 13.3 from a 2003 Cobra... :bash:

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
They test drove the mule, those numbers arent projected. (only hp numbers are right now)
A quote showing they drove it:

"The only negative dynamic comment in our notebook at the end of this brief time behind the wheel......"

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
They really are bad when they test these car, especially in the 1/4 mile tests.

I mean it takes a few good pratice runs to put down a good time but it seems most (if not all) car mags. are getting times .3-.7 slower than what average people are putting down... It's just some bad driving on their part.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
The people building these cars are scared of them because they are so fast. My dad has heard, "Someone is gonna get hurt", at the end of the assembly line more then once...

Users who are viewing this thread